Sign in to follow this  
Amj

Harrier Jumpjet problem

Hello,

I am trying to fly Harrier as VTOL. Yes, I have keys assigned to thrust vector up/down. The nozzles point downwards but the plane wouldn't lift up even at 100% thrust.

This wouldn't work in any Harrier model (Harrier GR.1/GR.3/AV-8A). I am using latest fix WOE_Update_Oct2008b, and I have WOE_Harrier_Mod_v1 (http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=7861). 

What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

I am trying to fly Harrier as VTOL. Yes, I have keys assigned to thrust vector up/down. The nozzles point downwards but the plane wouldn't lift up even at 100% thrust.

This wouldn't work in any Harrier model (Harrier GR.1/GR.3/AV-8A). I am using latest fix WOE_Update_Oct2008b, and I have WOE_Harrier_Mod_v1 (http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=7861).

What am I doing wrong?

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?act=a...st&id=18375 Here is your solution I believe.

Are you 100% fuel and have stores loaded? If so, you are to heavy to lift off vertically, you're limited to a rolling short takeoff.

Try taking off vertical after setting yourself to 25% fuel, and no stores.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

Are you 100% fuel and have stores loaded? If so, you are to heavy to lift off vertically, you're limited to a rolling short takeoff.

Try taking off vertical after setting yourself to 25% fuel, and no stores.

Thanks Aggie: Yes, this solved my problem...Stupid me, trying to take everything against pesky enemies  :blink:

Pretty sure the real thing cant do it with stores anyway tbh

Speaking of which, how is that file turning out for ya folks? Should I upload it to the download section?

EDIT: Corrected a typo that looked like a colorfull metaphore before being corrected.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Please.

Pretty sure the real thing cant do it with stores anyway tbh

Aye, took me sometime to realize that. Perhaps it is possible in Hollywood movies  :huh:

Speaking of which, how is that file turning out for ya folks? Should I upload it to the download section?

EDIT: Corrected a typo that looked like a colorfull metaphore before being corrected.

Yes please :)

Just out of curiousity, is there a way to increase the engine power on the harrier to help it lift off faster without having to sacrifice weapons and fuel load?

Edited by TheStig

Just out of curiousity, is there a way to increase the engine power on the harrier to help it lift off faster without having to sacrifice weapons and fuel load?

Yeah there is. Just go into the aircraft's DATA.ini file and look under engine. That's what I did.

Aye, took me sometime to realize that. Perhaps it is possible in Hollywood movies  :huh:

Uh, yeah. Hollywood movies over exagerate a lot of stuff. For instance, in True Lies, I don't think a Harrier would be able to do that hoverig bit in real life with a full loadout. Although, I'm not sure in the movie if it did have a full loadout or not. Might of just been a couple of sidewinders onboard.