• Announcements

• Erik

26 September - Maintenance Notification   09/21/2024

CombatACE.com will be offline this upcoming Thursday morning, September 26, 2024. The duration of this event will be 4-5 hours. Our website will be unavailable and return an error during that time. Maintenance of our equipment is unavoidable, and this downtime will allow the opportunity to replace worn and damaged fans, power supply units, and thermal paste throughout all our equipment. Thank you for reading our maintenance advisory.

Eric that's superb. The circular ARA-25 panel, is of larger diameter than the width of the rectangular APN-71 panel (in English, the circular panel can be a bit larger)

More stuff ~> http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/Lexx_Luthor/Stuff/ze5.jpg

and ~> http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/Lexx_Luthor/Stuff/ze3.jpg

I'll look for more, or fix up any confusion I make.

No worries and an easy fix...

The top image on just the port side or repeated on the starboard side?

Oh, about that. I dunno if the side panels are all on one side only, or some may have duplicates on the other side.

ACK, dumb dumb !!! I mixed up two diagram lines: the panel you already did :good: on first pic above is not "Aft landing gear doors"

Its a door for..... "Filler -- pressure fueling system"

Told ya I'd confuse. I come through every time!

Well unless you find another source I'll put it on one side

And ok

Ya its a port side diagram. The plane at this level was just a paper plane, so maybe additional panels for other things on the other side.

This may be of interest...the diagram shows no panels on the big engine compartment door...however...

HINGED ENGINE COMPARTMENT DOORS

PROVIDE QUICK ACCESS FOR TURBO

ENGINE OVERHAUL AND REPLACEMENT,

SMALLER ACCESS DOORS PERMIT ENTRANCE

TO ACCESSORY DRIVES, STARTER, FUEL

PUMPS AND SPARK PLUGS

These smaller doors are not shown.

No offense but lets not get too excited about names and such... most of this stuff I just need for you to say "Put this kind of label/sticker/panel here" so when I get done with adding the panels I can use some generic era-specific stuff... The area I have to work with doesn't have the resolution for real text so it's going to be squiggly lines or such...

Well... fair enough I guess but I guess when you throw out names for stuff I need a visual picture so I can at least understand how it all works, I think I came across wrong on that one as names as text don't help me, but pictures with names and positions do :good:

Yes, squiggly lines are more than enough especially at these speeds.

I figured you wanted to know each panel's purpose, just for knowing's sake on your art.

yeah but the lack of pictures threw me off that's all. You're good as long as there's a picture attached.

How's this?

post-5735-008198300 1294798164.jpg

post-5735-027376400 1294798170.jpg

post-5735-096384000 1294798177.jpg

post-5735-020896900 1294798479.jpg

Edited by EricJ

AWSIM..!!

About the diagam. Its from Republic Aviation and comes with small inset sketches of mechs working on the plane, missiles, radar dish, engine removed, etc.... It looks like a sell piece made to USAF, advertising ease of maintencence.

The engine door note I quoted is part of the advertisement, indicating what's not pictured, and is one of several isolated notes on the diagram that relate to the little mech activity sketchs. I don't know if any of this even made it to the mockup.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Okay so that's pretty much it then?

You can let go now....almost

I didn't "see this" earlier but the diagram has "(L&R)" on some panel labels meaning both Left and Right. Nothing I added to your screen shots have L&R, so they are all Left only. You are good to go. :good:

We got everything, except, possibly: I don't think I have a screen shot where you show under the extreme tail end. The diagram shows one small horizontally elongated panel just beneath the stabilizer trailing edge, along the fuselage side. It is...

Nozzle actuator & speed brake cylinder access (L&R)

...it has (L&R) so its Left and Right so if you don't have that already use it as it can help fill both sides.

Would this shot work? And okay with the L&R I guess you can specify which ones need to go on the R then?

post-5735-026135000 1294802687.jpg

Edited by EricJ

Would this shot work?

No. Underside view. The Nozzle--Brake panels are like the other rectangular panels I had you add, and are *just* beneath the stab trailing edges, horizontal orientation, on both Left and Right of fuselage. None of your screens so far show this area clearly.

And okay with the L&R I guess you can specify which ones need to go on the R then?

None of them. You had done those L&R panels already from other sources.

The ones I pointed out all happen to be Left only (or they are fuselage BOTTOM...ahh...decal placement language :idea: ). Panels look done unless you want to add those nozzle/brake panels under the L&R stabs, or make your own small panels on the lower mid-fuselage according to that sketch note just to fill out the skin undersides.

Eric,

Once you're done with the panel lines and rivets, could you PM me the templates so I can start working on the bump mapping? Unless you would like to take a crack at it...

FC

I'll send them over when I'm done :smile:

Seriously I think after Lexx_Luthor blesses off on it I'll send it over....

post-5735-026969600 1294837568.jpg

Edited by EricJ

On to a line bird

post-5735-001576900 1294863087.jpg

:smile::lol: thanks!

Dat's a lotta rivets!

As i am sure you can attest to.

Lookin' mighty fine at this time. Cool `scope...

It's definitely something interesting that's for sure :smile:

Cleaned up the wings a bit as it needed it. Have to rivet the pylons and will start working on warning decals.

post-5735-058567900 1294948603.jpg