Sign in to follow this  
Madprof

CH Pro pedals config wheelbrakes to WOV/WOI?

I'm having a problem configuring my CH Pro pedals to WOV/WOI.The most important control that of the rudder configs fine,but I want to config the pedals so I can use them for the wheel brakes.This must be possible as there is a separate downward axis for this,ie like a brake on a car,the problem is when I try to config them under the customize heading it asks to press a button to config,like you would to config a button to use as a gun,now there are no buttons on the pedals obviously and that's seems to be the problem.I was wondering if there was somebody else who has got over this problem and could give me a few clues or,most likely am I doing it wrong in which case please tell me,I've been pulling my hair out on this one.I know I can use a button on my joystick or throttle fot this option but that ain't realistic is it.Thanks all.

I have the CH pedals too and as far as I know it is not supported.

I have the CH pedals too and as far as I know it is not supported.

Thanks for putting me out of my misery Dave I appreciate it.

I might be wrong, but as far as I know, Third Wire sims only allow the wheel brakes to be mapped to buttons.

I have Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals which has configuration software that allows me to map buttons to the positions of an axis.

So, I mapped the default wheel brakes key, "B", to the toe brakes.

Whenever I move either rudder pedal toe brake enough degrees, it presses the "B" key, which toggles the wheel brakes.

I am not sure if CH Products allows the same type of programming.

I might be wrong, but as far as I know, Third Wire sims only allow the wheel brakes to be mapped to buttons.

I have Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals which has configuration software that allows me to map buttons to the positions of an axis.

So, I mapped the default wheel brakes key, "B", to the toe brakes.

Whenever I move either rudder pedal toe brake enough degrees, it presses the "B" key, which toggles the wheel brakes.

I am not sure if CH Products allows the same type of programming.

Thanks Streakeagle I'm sure you're right I did have a pair of Saitek pedals up until about a year ago and they worked with the wheelbrake option as you say,I am going to look into this and see what I can do,maybe a kind email to CH Products to ask if they can get round this little problem.It's only a small thing but it does add to the realism,don't you think?

Right,I have spoken to CH Products in the US and their tech guy said it is possible with the CH software to map a button to an axis as Streakeagle said he has done with his Saitek pedals.The BIG problem is trying to do this when you have'nt got a techy brain like moi.But it can be done,so I shall endeavour to get this sorted out,I just can't use a button on my joystick when I have pedals that can be used as they should.

I'll look when I get home but I think the theory that you can map the pedal rotation axis to a key is correct.

Yes if anyone has a set of CH Pro pedals and want's to utilize the toe brake option,you apparantly can do so by first of all downloading the CH Control Manager software v.4.20 from CH-Hangar.com and then you can remap the 'B' or brake button in the game controls to the axis of the pedals which is set up for the brake action.I say apparantly as I have yet to work the little matter out myself,lol.If anyone get's there before I do please share how.Some of us lesser mortals find these editors/managers a bit of a headache,especially when you're not gifted with a technical brain,lol.

Yes if anyone has a set of CH Pro pedals and want's to utilize the toe brake option,you apparantly can do so by first of all downloading the CH Control Manager software v.4.20 from CH-Hangar.com and then you can remap the 'B' or brake button in the game controls to the axis of the pedals which is set up for the brake action.I say apparantly as I have yet to work the little matter out myself,lol.If anyone get's there before I do please share how.Some of us lesser mortals find these editors/managers a bit of a headache,especially when you're not gifted with a technical brain,lol.

Yes, Control Manager will definitely be need to do this.

Edited by kirbykern

If anyone has a set of CH Pedals they want to get rid of, let me know. I need some.

-Storm

Ok,I'm a very happy chappy,with some help from those nice people over at the 'CH Hangar' I've been able to remap my CH Pro pedals brake axis to the 'B' button which is the wheelbrake button within the Third Wire series of flight sims and it has been worth taking the time to get it right.Especially when landing and taxing,superb.Thanks Streakeagle for the idea that you mentioned in your reply,it motivated me in the right direction.

well Madprof, you have got my attention with this, as I'm sure everyone else using Ch pedals. Can you give us a little hint on how it's done. I have the Ch controller but I've not seen this option.

I have uploaded a MAP and CMS file that shows ONE way to do it. (Awaiting approval.) It is not fancy but it does work. The one issue is that brakes are a toggle in TW sims and you will need to manually release the brakes the first time when starting on the ground. After that the toe function works ok.

I have uploaded a MAP and CMS file that shows ONE way to do it. (Awaiting approval.) It is not fancy but it does work. The one issue is that brakes are a toggle in TW sims and you will need to manually release the brakes the first time when starting on the ground. After that the toe function works ok.

Kirbykern, I went and downloaded the file.......What do I do with it? :dntknw: I moved both files into the control manager/maps file. and when I open the CM program I can open the map and it all looks fine. But then I go to the game and nothing has changed, so a few instructions would be great

Thanks

Rom

Sorry. You need to load the map and then download it to the devices. (There is a download icon on the main control manager panel.)

For me it's just not worth it. TW sims do not model brakes the way something like MSFS does. It's almost easier and more usable just to map the "B" key to a joystick or throttle button.

I was hoping someone with more CH programming experience than I have (and more free time) would come up with a better idea.