Sign in to follow this  
Brennus

Operation Desert Storm: Desktop Icon Replacement

Operation Desert Storm: Desktop Icon Replacement

• Copy ODS.ico to your folder of choice. (I use "X:\Wings Over Europe" for example.)
  • Right click your Wings Over Europe/Operation Desert Storm shortcut icon
  • Click Properties
  • Under the Shortcut Tab, click Change Icon...
  • Click Browse...
  • Navigate to the folder where you copied ODS.ico
  • Select ODS.ico and click Open
  • Click OK and OK again

Excellent!

I was thinking of doing one, as I used a replacement yesterday. Did not want the WoE one on my desktop.

Yours is much better than the crude and rude one I came up with...

:good:

um.. where is the read me? I'm not that smart as to know how and where to install it :blink:

Sorry. Here's whatcha' do:

• Copy ODS.ico to your folder of choice. (I use "X:\Wings Over Europe" for example.)
  • Right click your Wings Over Europe/Operation Desert Storm shortcut icon
  • Click Properties
  • Under the Shortcut Tab, click Change Icon...
  • Click Browse...
  • Navigate to the folder where you copied ODS.ico
  • Select ODS.ico and click Open
  • Click OK and OK again

Done!

(I've also included an ODS.png, and if you don't know what it's for, you won't need it.)

Edited by Brennus

Most needed Thanks!!

I downloaded the Operation Desert Storm addon yesterday and tried to use it with a clean install of WOV with the Oct 08 patch, and guess what?? It works fine and I have to say the modders really did an impressive job scripting the campaign missions giving it a real authentic desert storm experience. Taking off and landing in a Tomcat/Harrier on carrier after completing a mission has always sold me!

There were however a few minor issues that needs to be fixed in order for it to work with WOV. Here's what i did:

1) Do a clean install of WOV

2) Install the Oct 2008 patch

3) Install the Operation Desert Storm (ODS) addon

4) Download and install the A-10 from the downloads section (to obtain the A-10.lod and cockpit files, dunnoe y they were missing from the ODS addon)

5) Download and install the Icon Replacement (optional)

6) Start the game and enjoy!!

Er, well, a couple of things.

It says specifically that it was made for WoE, not WoV, and thus the reason for the missing `Hog.

You posted this in the icon thread, not the ODS thread, dunno why...

Er, well, a couple of things.

It says specifically that it was made for WoE, not WoV, and thus the reason for the missing `Hog.

You posted this in the icon thread, not the ODS thread, dunno why...

I know its missing the Hog on WOV, everyone knows that.. but the instructions for ODS specifically says remove the "aircraft" folder even for WOE before installing! So after running the ODS install program, it should give you the A-10 folder complete with its .lod files but not in this case.

And with regards to the icon, i did mention it in step 5 and this IS the icon thread so it's relevant.. duh..

You might get better help if you tone down the rudeness.the lods are kept in the object folder thats why they are not in the individual aircraft folders.you will need WOE to have it working properly...or find third party aircraft the you can sub in.

Edited by whiteknight

I know its missing the Hog on WOV, everyone knows that.. but the instructions for ODS specifically says remove the "aircraft" folder even for WOE before installing! So after running the ODS install program, it should give you the A-10 folder complete with its .lod files but not in this case.

And with regards to the icon, i did mention it in step 5 and this IS the icon thread so it's relevant.. duh..

When you know your way around the files a bit better, n00b, you can toss the "Duh" crap around, yeah?

The reason the folder is needed is for the skins, and as the LOD is included in WoE, not WoV, there is no replacement, as no one here will post a LOD

file for any of TK's creations.

And get a new handle, that one is just lame...

Horny Dude (can't say it without wanting to laugh....) but they're right, we're not simpletons, but I can simply give you a warning and simply ban you. We have our days, but we're not idiots. Cut it out.

I'm in complete agreement with Eric, watch yourself.

Guest 531_Ghost

+1 there Horny Dude keep it in check.

When you know your way around the files a bit better, n00b, you can toss the "Duh" crap around, yeah?

The reason the folder is needed is for the skins, and as the LOD is included in WoE, not WoV, there is no replacement, as no one here will post a LOD

file for any of TK's creations.

And get a new handle, that one is just lame...

look guys, ive been playing and modding wov and sfp1 back since 2003/04 for my own personal use...so i know the way around files... just because i havent been posting anything the past years doesnt mean im a noob.. ive been regular visitor of CA back then in it heydays when it used to be called sumthing else.. i remembered there wasnt even a login needed back then to download files.. forgot my password and recreated a new acct with this handle.. i hope that explains it all..

I don't really want to drag this on anymore, but even I can't be the prick I used to be on the Ubi Soft LO forums, so it's good you've known it, just that the spirit isn't trying to bring too much crap into the forums. So on that note, issue closed, topic open.