Sign in to follow this  
Coot

Tree mod problem/can't get trees to show up

Hey there. My attempt was to install Brain32's Vietnam SEA repaint, then the GreenHell2 mod, then the Rescaled GH2 mod. As far as I can tell I followed the readmes but I'm not getting any trees showing up.

-Vietnam repaint shows up fine. Although that too came with trees which I placed into my VietnamSEA terrain folder. But I did not first check to see if those trees that it came with showed up or not. I went right to installing GH2.

-I installed GH2 and placed the files in the "medium" trees folder into the VietnamSEA terrain folder.

-I then installed the Rescaled GH2 mod. The only confusing thing to me here is that this mod says it requires Brain32's Germany repaint. I did not install this as I'm using all of these for WOV. Was this my problem? I installed the Rescaled mod minus the Germany repaint and when everything is said and done, I have no trees whatsoever.

I even tried reinstalling the original Green Hell and just trying that out but still not trees.

What am I missing here? Thanks for any guidance.

Where is CA_Stary when you need him. Try this, install everything but the trees until the last thing. Then see what happens.

I'm right here..

Instal procedure seems ok, only I never installed the "downscaled' trees mod...

You see the tileset by Brain32, right? and where exactly did you put the .tod files from "medium" folder? These should go right into VietnamSEA ddirectory, not in some subfolder...

Thanks Dave and CA_Stary for the tips. I'll give them a try. I've been placing all of the .tod files that came with the Brain32 repaint, GH2, and Rescale mod directly into the VietnamSEA folder(no sub folders/ individual .tod files directly into VietnamSEA folder). Before all of this, I was using Deuce's enhanced Vietnam terrain. But the main mods come with their own VietnamSEAData.ini files so nothing leftover from that would cause it would it? The rescale mod comes with a new viewlist.ini. Could that be something? I'll try reinstalling everthing except the Rescale mod and install tree .tod files very last like Dave said and see what happens.

Thanks for the help sirs. I've been modding this WOV install fairly successfully but I probably boogered up something somewhere. I'm also using Lexx Luthor's Siberian sky mod.

Thanks Dave and CA_Stary for the tips. I'll give them a try. I've been placing all of the .tod files that came with the Brain32 repaint, GH2, and Rescale mod directly into the VietnamSEA folder(no sub folders/ individual .tod files directly into VietnamSEA folder). Before all of this, I was using Deuce's enhanced Vietnam terrain. But the main mods come with their own VietnamSEAData.ini files so nothing leftover from that would cause it would it? The rescale mod comes with a new viewlist.ini. Could that be something? I'll try reinstalling everthing except the Rescale mod and install tree .tod files very last like Dave said and see what happens.

Thanks for the help sirs. I've been modding this WOV install fairly successfully but I probably boogered up something somewhere. I'm also using Lexx Luthor's Siberian sky mod.

Viewlist.ini has nothing to do with the trees (alters views) , it's the .tod, .tga and VietnamSEA_data.ini that must be copied from GH2 to your terrain\VietnamSEA\ terrain

Lexx's Siberian Sky mod works flawlessly with GH2, in fact -it's highly recommended! :good:

Thanks CA_Stary. I've added to my troubles though. I suppose I shouldn't have, but before restarting the install procedure, I deleted all of the VietnamSEA contents. I reinstalled only the Brain32 VietnamSEA tile and the GH2. Then I installed the .tod files from the medium folder into the VietnamSEA folder. Now the Vietnam isn't in the drop down list. I think I'm missing a Vietnam Config. Did I mess myself up or can that be retrieved with the Cat extractor?

I did the following yesterday, on a clean install, with no problems

VietnamSEA_Tile_Repaint_v1.0.zip

Green_Hell_2.ZIP (high detail .tod's)

Shimmering_buildings_fix.zip

The modifed VietnamSEA_data.ini that's attached here, which is just CA_Stary's, with the couple of new entries added in the Oct 08 patch.

VIETNAMSEA_data.zip

make sure you didn't delete the VietnamSEA.cat and the VietnamSEA.ini. !!!! :shok: !!!!

If you deleted the cat, you'll have to pull it from another game install (if you have one or reinstall). The VietnamSEA.ini is also inside the VietnamSEA.cat, so you can extract again

WRench

kevin stein

I think I must have deleted those as I deleted the contents the whole folder. :unsure:

I did make a copy of my modded WOV before I started messing with it too much. So I'll go there and retrieve the copies I need.

I only have the misc. files and a VietnamSEAdata.ini in my terrain/VietnamSEA folder. So I need to also have the VietnamSEA Cat, Vietnamconfig.ini and Vietnam.ini?

Edited by Coot

Thanks for the patience. Where do I find the VietnamSEA.ini? I have copied from my backup a VietnamSEA cat and VietnamSEAconfig. So now I have presently in my VietnamSEA folder a CAT, config, and data.ini.

Never mind on that. I reread your post Wrench as to where the VietnamSEA.ini is. I'm confused. Is the VietnamSEA.ini the same thing as the VietnamSEA config that I see in the folder?

Edited by Coot

Yes! Depending on how you have the Windoze Explorer view set .. mine is "show extensions" and "list" (cause I hate them tiles and icons!!)

wow..that takes me back to DOS cfg=ini!!!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks everyone for the help. My Vietnam terrain is now back. However I still have no trees. :umnik2:

Thanks everyone for the help. My Vietnam terrain is now back. However I still have no trees. :umnik2:

Coot, what are your terrain detail and ground objects detail settings..? Following the Green Hell 2 readme you should have no problems with installing them in game

And one more -what patch version are you on -there was one patch with a bug that caused no trees to appear

I'm on the latest patch. I had to as some unknown mod that I installed must have required it as I couldn't load WOV at one time. I installed the latest patch and it was up and running again.

My terrain detail and textures are set to medium. Ground objects set to low. I'm not on a very good pc for games/integrated chip :fie:

Okay CA_Stary that was it. I set my ground object detail to medium in game and now I have trees! Thanks for the help. I just need to grab that flickering fix(my trees are flickering) and perhaps use the "small" folder trees. Can't wait to really enjoy your mod and maximizing TW sims when I'm able to swing getting a new pc.

Edited by Coot

Okay CA_Stary that was it. I set my ground object detail to medium in game and now I have trees! Thanks for the help. I just need to grab that flickering fix(my trees are flickering) and perhaps use the "small" folder trees. Can't wait to really enjoy your mod and maximizing TW sims when I'm able to swing getting a new pc.

The simplest solution worked... :clapping:

Hint: buying a new card go for NVIDIA, this series causes troubles with ATI

Thanks CA_Stary. I've always been an nvidia guy so I guess I'm safe then. This pc I'm on doesn't have an extra slot for a card. This pc wasn't made for games. I gave my sister my last good computer two years ago for her schooling and for the last two years I've been wrestling old computers that we still had and this one. I'm antsy to be able to really play my sims again. Any new computer at this point will be a breath of fresh air. I've done Dells in the past but I'm ready to try something new and more affordable. I'm going to try IBUYPOWER for my next pc. I'tll save me over 1000 dollars compared to the past Dells that I've bought.