Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Problems while making Skyscrapers

med_gallery_3395_49_80488.jpg

I thought some skyscrapers would be nice for some terrains. because i found no one i made some myself. So far, so good. But i have a small problem. It is impossible to collide with them. You can simply fly through the building without damaging the plane.

Has someone an idea how to fix it?

[TargetType131]

Name=Hochhaus8

FullName=Hochhaus

ModelName=Hochhaus8.lod

TargetType=CITY_BUILDING

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=1000.0

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=100.0

ArmorValue=30000.0

ArmorType=1

RepairRate=0.10

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=18000.0

CollisionMesh=Hochhaus8.lod

DestroyedEffect=LargeShortStructureCollapse

DestroyedModel=

You need to give them "hit boxes". You can do so by simply defining min and max extents, as you would with any other object (planes, ships, tanks, etc.)

Changing the TargetType to one with a collision box ?

IIRC you can't collide with CITY_BUILDINGs even though the entries suggest otherwise.

PS : Fubar's faster and more useful :-)

Edited by Gunrunner

Upon researching it a bit further, it seems that the collision data for a terrain object, would be contained in a separate collision mesh. Simply having the model .lod pull double-duty obviously doesn't cut it.

things like the WoV bridges, as I know that for sure having extracted them for use on SoCal, have a ***COL.LOD.

Wrench

kevin stein

Tja, i tried to make hit boxes. Either i'm to stupid to do it or it does not work at this way. Also the idea, that you cant collide with City_Building seems to be not correct. I put the stock City_Building2 for test reasons on the map and tried to collide with it. It was 100% successfull.

So i thought that a collision_mesh would be the right solution.I tried following way: I made a copy of Hochhaus8.lod, renamed it into Hochhaus8_Col.lod and the i changed the entry in the targettypes into CollisionMesh=Hochhaus8.lod

And i failed!

At the moment i'm really helpless.

Has someone an idea?

If i can get this damn Skyscrappers run properly, then yes. But i cant. And i dont know why. Other objects, like the Coolingtowers in my Deutschland terrain are without problems. No collision_mesh is set, but you can collide with them. And this f.... skyscrapers ... I hate them!

I want skyscrapers!!! :biggrin:

Maybe asking TK??? Since I know too damn little about building stuff in MAX, maybe he'd know something

Wrench

kevin stein