Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Biohazcentral Public Fs2k4 Server Online!

I just got a dedicated box up here at home to run the new Biohaz public 2K4 server with FSHost, and it's now running. I need some people to jump on and try it out, then report back. Since I'm on the inside my testing doesn't do much good. ;)

For those of you not familiar with FShost, you can read more about it here at the FShost home site. Basically, it allows an easy way to hook up with others and fly online. I'll get a little more indepth later, but for now go grab the server spy here:

FSHostSpy Utility

This neat little util will list all the FSHost servers out there. Just find the "BiohazCentral FS2K Server" listing, then double-click the server name. The IP address will be copied to your clipboard. From there you can fire up FS2K4, and go into Multiplayer. It should already show the Biohaz server listed, just join and you are set!.

For FS2K2 it is a little more involved, but still not bad:

launch.gif

Report back here with your experience, then I'll "publically" announce the server as open for business.

Looks like everything is working correctly, flew around Spokane for a few minutes and it worked like a champ!

Hit this link and you can checkout who's is currently on the server, where they are flying, etc.

http://fshost.game-host.org/

This will be up 24/7, hope to see you in the virtual skies soon! B)

Well, I did try it out but there was nobody else online at the time.

I took my Tweet for a spin at night ( I don`t know where the heck

I was! - the map showed Vance AFB) I`m not sure if I did everything right.

After syncronizing time and joining the session (little dialog window popped up)

nothing happend (my understanding was that I`ll be transported in my default

airplane to the session area, wherever it might be.) So I clicked on my default

flight from Vance and off I went. But, since there was nobody else online I couldn`t

tell if I was flying locally or on the net. :huh:

Well, this was the first time I ever joined any online game - so I got a good

excuse for being a little behind the curve ;)

Hey all.

It gets lonely up in these virtual skies. Y'all come join me, eh? Time to do some carquals!!!!

Navy Chief

Hey all.

It gets lonely up in these virtual skies.  Y'all come join me, eh?  Time to do some carquals!!!!

Navy Chief

I think it's time we schedule an Biohaz Fly-In! How about sometime next weekend, say Friday evening sometime? I can come up with a flight plan this week, something fun we can do, since we can't actually blow each other out of the sky in 2K4... B)

Who would be interested in this?

Count me in, MJ!

Great idea!

Of course, I will be flying Navy. Probably an A-7, or EA-6B; possibly a EP-3.

Navy Chief

give the time and airport.

Anyone online want to fly? Especially carrier ops.

Navy CHief

It is now 10 pm, Eastern time.

Just tried to log onto server for FS2004, and the search did not find it. Strange.

NC

Ok, let me see try to log on, I want to try this...

Yeah same thing, its not finding the server.

Edited by PG_Raptor

Am I too late to connect? I got the FSHostSpy thingy, and it shows BioHaz, but I can't seem to connect to anything. Nothing happens when I double click BioHaz, and I've even tried the IP in MP for FS2k2 with no joy.

Hopefully I'm just missing a step somewhere...although I'm currently showing 0 of 100 pilots...lol. :lol:

When you double-click the server in FSSpy, it just copies the IP to the clipboard. Once done, fire up FS2K4 and go to the multiplayer section. You should find that the IP is automatically pasted in. From there you will get the chat window and can talk to anyone else online.

I am glad you mentioned that MJ, because when I doubleclick on the entry in FSHostSpy, it does not put it in on my clipboard. Any ideas how to fix that?

NC

Yeah, that happened to me last week, but it was working fine this week.

Hey, I've got an idea. What say we start up a Biohaz Fly-in every Friday night? Whoever, whenever, just as long as we have a night so that we can all have someone to fly with? What say you?

Sounds fine to me. I can't always be there, but will when possible. When I fly MP, I always check the Bio server, but there's never anyone online.

NC

The problem I have with the info not being copied to my clipboard, persists. Wish there was a fix for it.

Hey Chief,

I was online last night with the Biohaz server, but you are right when I sign on no one is there. Had a great flight though,pinkie launch out of Fallon to N.Island.

First time I've done it,with real weather no less,great!!!

Look for me I'm in an S-3 most of the time. B)

I think it's time to start scheduling a weekly onliner. Say every Friday night at 5PM Pacific time would work for most of the North American users. I think that's the only way we are going to all hit at the same time.

I would like to setup some flight plans as well, and will gladly take suggestions.

I'll start advertising this weekly flight right now and we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

To be honest I've never flown FS online. :blink: For a fly in is FS2002 still used? I know I probably couldn't connect with FS04 guys, but are there other guys who still fly FS02?

Both FS2K2, and FS2004 combination servers are online. I fly FS9 most of the time, because I can't get my FS2k2 to work in MP.

NC