MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

She's coming along very nicely Red Dog. Seems you'got the hardest part done and it looks very good.

nice one Red Dog... I reckon if the German stare at that for two long, they will be hypnotised

Oh, and it's "Olham", not Ohlam" (my familiy name Mahlo backwards).

I'm sorry. "Ohlam" looks more German than "Olham", so I guess my subconscious just transposed the letters.

I think my personal favorite of the bunch is Bullethead's.

High praise indeed! Thanks, sir.

BTW, the download thingy is working again so I've put the blue DFW up just now. Once the mods OK it, you can have it.

Some pics of Leutnant Juergen Harms' second sortie today, the 1. September 1916.

This time, he flew the white Halberstadt with his letters on - isn't she beautiful?

Edited by Olham

Some pics of Leutnant Juergen Harms' second sortie today, the 1. September 1916.

This time, he flew the white Halberstadt with his letters on - isn't she beautiful?

She is beautiful in her simplicity. Those happen to be my initials also. Is that a skin of yours?

Not really; there are several white ones in the skins.

But I made her brighter and a little cleaner, cause on 1. September, we just got them.

The I put the initials on the sides.

I'll see that I think of sending her to you tomorrow, Jim. She is a good craft. Easy to fly,

good climb, and turning is alright. Haven't met the Nupes yet though.

VERY dramatic!

Dramatic, yes. Hellsafun? Frickin' right! Hey Bullethead, I'm gonna take your DFW naval scheme and start a hell of a campaign. You'll see pics on here soon. Thanks for the paintjob on her.

Hey Bullethead, I'm gonna take your DFW naval scheme and start a hell of a campaign. You'll see pics on here soon. Thanks for the paintjob on her.

I look forward to it.

However, after finishing that skin I started on an naval Albatros. Doing some research for that, I've come to the conclusion that all the DFW's camo is wrong, both in color and arrangement. Apparently there's a lot of bad info out there, but it looks cool so most folks have accepted it, as I did when I made the skin. But Dan Abbott says it's all wrong and has the offical German Navy painting orders to back him up.

So..... I guess I need to repaint the camo parts to be more accurate. It won't be as pretty, I'm afraid. Still, I like what it looks like now, and many folks think it's accurate or at least like it, too, so I suppose I'll leave it up as-is and just make a different version with the supposedly correct scheme.

Hey , leave it up. We're not hung-up on complete historical accuracy are we? Have some fun. The Devs see to the historic accuracy very well. In the post above I had a hell of a lot of fun flying dragon vs. dragon. Work on the new skin with your new knowledge. Dan San Abbot certainly knows his stuff. Best wishes, Jim

Wow, Rickity - you should have brought some marshmallows on a stick with you!

Bullet, you should keep the DFW skin, she looks beautiful; you can still make another, more accurate.

Could you lead me to the water of Dan San's Naval camo paintings?

I would like to get my MFJ1 craft better.

SPAD XIII 'Checkerboard'

Lt Robert Donaldson

94th Aero Sqn USAS

Spring 1919

Just need a bit of weathering then it's done....

Oh my Red Dog that's nice! how hard it must have been to get that cowling area right? Very complex pattern to do and I think you have done very well. As you say, some weathering and then upload for the happy Yank yikes.gif

Great ´craft and very nice skin RedDoc!

Edited by Peeppu

Some pics of new skins. Just QC for now I had to check them out. DFW Marine by Bullethead and Halberstadt by Olham. Thank you!

post-45792-12515118910255_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515119079266_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515119277897_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515119662131_thumb.jpg

post-45792-1251512046725_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515120676426_thumb.jpg

I'm having so much fun checking out user made skins. I wanted to see what my Reed Chambers Spad XIII, by Red Dog, looked like to the hun fliers. So I enlisted a fine german fellow and put him behind the seat of a Fokker DVII Wilhelm Scheutzel skinned by Fro8769 and flew a QC. Man that US flag stands out as a target for sure. The DVII somehow reminds of a cuckoo clock.

post-45792-12515226503903_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515226664839_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515226821129_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515227107898_thumb.jpg

post-45792-1251522724519_thumb.jpg

Wow - I can see all the craters more detailed. How are your graphics sliders set?

Great looks! Makes me hope for my new rig to be complete soon -

with a HD4870 (2 GB) I should be able to get that quality.

New skin = new screenies. I'm happy to report that I found the Checkerboard Spad in the download section. So I had to take her up and have a looksee. My thanks to Red Dog. I shot down 2 with her and landed at our field. The skin is based on the actual paint of the Spad XIII flown by Lt. Robert Donaldson 94th Squadron spring of 1919. The hun crate is the OFF stock Fokker DVII from Jasta 6 1918 flown by Richard Wenzel, she's a beaut too. Good work Red Dog cheers to you mate drinks.gif

post-45792-12515830389802_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515830741859_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515831080747_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515831292877_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515831507836_thumb.jpg

post-45792-12515831704236_thumb.jpg

Wow, RedDog, you got the connection from side pattern to back pattern very good!

Do you see chess boards now? Lol!

Great shots Rickity, youv'e done her justice. clapping.gif