MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Oh me oh my! Now you where quicker than me - I'm also working on a "Starspangled SPAD".

Great, RedDog!

Great minds think alike. :yes:

Hah!!! I should have known, those boys are great! One of my German pilots is flying MFJ 1!

My SPAD pilot met MFJ 1 today, and was hopelessly bigheaded. Now he's dead.

My SPAD pilot, Didier de St. Malo, found his end today.

He felt invincible in this craft - a mistake you paid for with your life in those days.

He turned too much with those Albatros DV, cause he couldn't really get behind them in his

Boom & Zoom attacks - and turning, they know better!

Edited by Olham

Was he your campaign pilot?

They did you like a kipper.

Wait till they meet ' Le Fantome' :biggrin:

He was my French campaign pilot, yes.

I also have 5 German ones, one of them is a Marineflieger (Navy pilot) with MFJ 1

They even have Navy ranks, so he is Leutnant zur See.

And then there are two British pilot, one flying a Fee, the other a Brisfit.

Still so much to do! Must fly an American campaign; and then all the British craft!

Yes, they perfomed sort of scissor tactics. The one flying away from me was terribly hit,

but therefor the other got me. I had given up full overview, and started turning too much,

against my own SPAD rules.

He was my French campaign pilot, yes.

I also have 5 German ones, one of them is a Marineflieger (Navy pilot) with MFJ 1

They even have Navy ranks, so he is Leutnant zur See.

And then there are two British pilot, one flying a Fee, the other a Brisfit.

Still so much to do! Must fly an American campaign; and then all the British craft!

Yes, they perfomed sort of scissor tactics. The one flying away from me was terribly hit,

but therefor the other got me. I had given up full overview, and started turning too much,

against my own SPAD rules.

So much to do? I'am still on my first campaign,i've been with N73 from the start over 190 real time hours, pilot number 14,so by time i've done all sqd's i'll be 'DID' FOR REAL..... :biggrin:

How do you mean? You start a new pilot, when the other is getting killed, and start at that exact day?

I felt like experiencing the various landscapes and Jastas and their opponents.

Also I have now started some other nations. It gives me more freedom of choice, cause I am not always

fresh and awake enough to fly a pilot with lots of hours and kills. Would be too risky.

My best pilot (see Siggi's killboard) i didn't fly since long time now. He will only get back in the air, when I

have built up two new pilots, who are similarly far at kills. The MFJ 1 guy could be one of them.

THINK IT IS ABOUT TIME WE START TO GET THE BELGINS BACK INTO THE FRAY F.1 CAMEL FOR THE 11TH ESCADRILLE, SOON WILLBE A COUPLE OF WILLY COPPENS HD-1S HIS N-17 AND A STANDARD HD1 IN THE FRENCH 5 CAMO PATTERN

post-24208-1250820909_thumb.jpg

Red Dog, nice work on the Reed Chambers Spad sir. I have had a longing for the planes of the 94th from 1919 in this sim. I had hoped to do this skin for the skinning contest but my skin skills were thin skills and I came no where close to what you've done. Pease tell me that you will make her available for download. Just in case you have just endless amounts of time on your hands and are in need of something to do http://www.internetmodeler.com/2000/septem...a/showbirds.htm . First the devs sort out the Spad FM and now the 1919 Chambers Spad. Oh please do make it available please when she's done.

Okay, here is my "All American SPAD" - almost ready now.

RedDog made the historical skin of a 1919 American SPAD, while I only used the idea.

I found the original design so bulky on the wings, that I decided to make the stripes more

like sun rays. This was one of my most difficult skins so far.

Hmm... Land of the Setting Sun, eh? Rather a prophetic skin that one, considering whose flag the US would find themselves facing across the battlefield in 'the next one' :grin:

Edited by Dej

Yeah, I had the same thought, but went on with the idea, as that conflict was only later.

Of course - after Pearl Harbour, no American would have used this design.

Olham, I just PM'ed you but I had not yet seen this beauty. Very nice for the new flight model and my future campaign. Please upload her if she's ready, please?

Oh, just in case you missed this http://www.internetmodeler.com/2000/septem...a/showbirds.htm You'll see that the sunburst was in fact used at the time so you not far from historical.

Edited by Rickitycrate

Ah, so I have made a mix of Jeffers' and Chambers' machines.

I only had the idea of this site in the back of my scrambled cells; seen it long time ago.

But anyway - I wanted to create an own design. I'm even thinking of exchanging the

Hat in the Ring sign against an Indian's head, like other squadrons had. What do you think?

Ah, so I have made a mix of Jeffers' and Chambers' machines.

I only had the idea of this site in the back of my scrambled cells; seen it long time ago.

But anyway - I wanted to create an own design. I'm even thinking of exchanging the

Hat in the Ring sign against an Indian's head, like other squadrons had. What do you think?

:biggrin: I say do both! I may be greedy but I'm not ungrateful. :wink:

Thanks guy's

Great work Olham,i can only just do straight lines yours looks the biss :clapping:

Also if any one wants the one i did it is in the skins section ready for down load.

Sure they want it, RedDog - yours is the historical skin.

What program do you work with at skins?

Sure they want it, RedDog - yours is the historical skin.

What program do you work with at skins?

I use paintshop pro 7 well try to?

how do you get the lines to match up around say the fuselage?

I use Photoshop, RedDog. I can draw a rectangle for one stripe and fill it with red.

Then I copy that stripe, and can move it pixelwise downwards, until it looks the right distance.

When I have them all for a side, I put them together on a layer, and make them 80 - 90 %

opaque; so the fuselage below will shine through.

But you see, the back part doesn't fit with the sides, cause it gets narrower at the tail.

I use Photoshop, RedDog. I can draw a rectangle for one stripe and fill it with red.

Then I copy that stripe, and can move it pixelwise downwards, until it looks the right distance.

When I have them all for a side, I put them together on a layer, and make them 80 - 90 %

opaque; so the fuselage below will shine through.

But you see, the back part doesn't fit with the sides, cause it gets narrower at the tail.

I think, on some of the aircraft models, the UVW mapping for the top of the fusealge stretches the front of the 'rectangle' on the skin .dds file and compresses the back. Therefore you have to use the skew tools to make more of a trapezium.

Yours looks fine to me Olham,i've got photoshop but have not used it enough yet.

Dej i will give it a try thanks.

Caporal Blanc Blumer AKA' Le Fantome of Marne' is now a ACE

Hey! Good you remind me of that, RedDog!!!

I must add kill markings for my aces!!! How could I forget?!?!?

Hey! Good you remind me of that, RedDog!!!

I must add kill markings for my aces!!! How could I forget?!?!?

Not quite authentic but it adds charm...