Sign in to follow this  
DanW

Strike Fighters 2 patch is out

What have you added (apart from the Hornet)???

What have you added (apart from the Hornet)???

Tornado F3, stock WOE F-15A, stock WOE F-105D, stock WOI F-16 Netz, stock WOI Mirage IIIC, Nesher cockpit for the Mirage 5D, MF A-7 and F-4G models, MiG-23MLD, F-4S, the list could go on.

Anything terrain/targets/ground object related?

The list could go on?!

If you've added a terrain please tell us... as it looks like the orientation of an airfield is out of kilter.

When I got SF2 one of the first changes I made was adding my HEAVILY modded SFG Desert terrain. But these anomalies have only cropped since yesterday when I downloaded the new SF2 patch

Funny... technically new series' patches shouldn't overwrite or alter any on the mod files.

What else could happen, I wonder.. A change in desert.cat?

Could someone give me a filepath example of where to put this new 'Pilots' folder for the pilot and seat models

Could someone give me a filepath example of where to put this new 'Pilots' folder for the pilot and seat models

Ignore my last post folks. I just figured it out myself :blush2:

For anyone interested, the filepath should be: Saved Games/ThirdWire/StrikeFighters2/Objects/Pilots

And can we easily port over weapons? thog mentioned trouble getting new russian missiles?

Still no weapons editor available so old custom weapons are not yet ready for porting.

Same for campaigns, does the unicode difference affect being able to have all the addon campaigns. I know the jump is gonna have to be made eventually, but I want to be able to use everything (weapons, terrain, campaigns, effects, things like widesky and environment mods) in the new code base without losing anything in the transfer.

Terrain and campaigns can be ported easily. I already loaded up "Red Wings Over Dhimar" campaign and the target range terrain.

My current scheme is that I play SF2 (and all future SF remakes) "as is" and only add some planes for fun (particularly unlocking the red planes). For all total coversion mods, I still use the old games (which I make several copies of in the HDD).

Edited by jomni

I've just noticed this little anomaly on my post patch A-4E. BTW, the default strike loadout for this aircraft should be one centreline tank, 4 M117s on the inner pylons and two AIM-9Ds (one on each pylon).

post-29988-1236131532_thumb.jpg

I've no idea where the wing tanks sprung from, or where the Sidewinder rails sprung to :dntknw:

Strike loadout:

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-9D

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-9D

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=M117

Loadout[03].Quantity=2

Loadout[03].RackType=TER

Loadout[04].WeaponType=M117

Loadout[04].Quantity=2

Loadout[04].RackType=TER

Loadout[05].WeaponType=Tank300_A4_fuselage