Sign in to follow this  
ace888

J-10B! very nice fighter, love the new design!

Monday, March 16, 2009

J-10B

J-10B-247833.jpg

The long waited J-10B finally surfaced today and if the following photos are indeed real, we can check off what is being claimed against we can tell:

New features claimed:

J-10AB.jpg

*. Redesigned Diverterless Supersonic Inlet or DSI intake. Check

DSI.jpg

*. IRST/LR. Check

*. Wide-angle Holograhpic HUD, similar to the one installed on the J-11B. Check.

*. Enlarged vertical tail session for an enlarged EW suite. Check

*. A new RWR. Check.

*. Redesigned F-16 style nose to support either a PESA or AESA radar. PESA…. maybe, ASEA …..questionable.

*. More Hard points for A2G / SEAD missions. Too early to tell.

*. Wingtip AAM mounts. Unlikely

*. Mimi-AWAC twin-seater J-10S, Total BS

*. WS-10A engine with 2D thrust vectoring engine. Not in this prototype and WS-10A is still inferior to AL-31FN in every aspect.

J-10B.jpg

J-10B2.jpg

# posted by Coatepeque @ 9:16 PM icon18_email.gif

"Lindr2" and "Erwin_Hans..." :notworthy: I think J-10B will be you guy's specialty. Looking forward to the new jet on the TW series in the near future, I hope? :salute:

A very nice aeroplane to shoot down. :biggrin:

it still looks like the lavi... even more so abround the nose.

it still looks like the lavi... even more so abround the nose.

Intake is that same technology like in late JF-17 prototype and...F-35. Interesting -did Chinese guys try only to copy this intake or they have some real technical data... :dntknw:

Aesthetically, the DSI intake is awesome looking. I loved the F-16 that was tested with it fitted.

F-35_Divertless_Supersonic_Inlet_F-16.jpg

The Chinese are really coming along with their J-10.

I hope to be wrong, but this seems to be photoshoped...

Anyway, I'll take my J-10A and change it into a "B". For now, another "What If...", but who knows?

Its look like a mirror, the same problems the same solution

Hokum i read that the IAI Lavi was sold to China, maybe a developmet of it???

This diverter less inlets, how do they work then? Does accelerating the airflow around the lump re-energise it so you don't have to divert it away from the engine?

Well, I'm pretty sure the two photos I posted are from the same photo. Check out the internal structure...exact match.

Yup, just tested in Photoshop. They ganked the Internal Structure image from the F-16 photo. Did a little cropping, but it fits pixel for pixel.

Edited by tn_prvteye

Yes but in the center of the inlets are diferent i believe, the peak in the chinesse photo are sharped and in the other are rounded.

Will be a fake photo????

Sorry for my limited english. Thanks

Edited by Hans Topp

Well, in the two photos I posted, the inside green structure is Photoshopped on the Chinese picture. They took the image of the F-16 and stuck it on an image of a J-10. The inlets are different (looks poorly cropped to me).

Granted, this might just have been a proof-of-concept picture...as the other pics are different.

Yes but in the center of the inlets are diferent i believe, the peak in the chinesse photo are sharped and in the other are rounded.

Will be a fake photo????

Sorry for my limited english. Thanks

I'm not very agree with this.

Though some of these two photos are very looks like a potoshop.But we haven't got a photo which it based.

The time tell us if is the some or not, but the J-10b looks a interesting bird to fly

China Is not Iran....

And before someone start....It's not Lavi!

ATYAAADobKtZPqwRTOwTOFQ60nZ4R0qHmwZ3mOLyxdz9slpcQCYRoTJrm80HvSZUQgPOkDXqxQ3eUSMEs0Rb6i-IPRwAAJtU9VDvu0eZM0vqEL0cF6e8wH3UnsR1hQ.jpg

China Is not Iran....

And before someone start....It's not Lavi!

ATYAAADobKtZPqwRTOwTOFQ60nZ4R0qHmwZ3mOLyxdz9slpcQCYRoTJrm80HvSZUQgPOkDXqxQ3eUSMEs0Rb6i-IPRwAAJtU9VDvu0eZM0vqEL0cF6e8wH3UnsR1hQ.jpg

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Ok J-10 isn't a Lavi son, its a lavi cousin...... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

As I told to Erwin before... They are two WHOLE, COMPLETELY different birds!

Come on! Tell me where are they alike... They have different wings, different canards, different intake, different engine, the nose area are not even alike. J-10 is two meters longer and not less than one meter wider (wingspan).

But I'm not alone in this crusade :grin:

As I told to Erwin before... They are two WHOLE, COMPLETELY different birds!

Come on! Tell me where are they alike... They have different wings, different canards, different intake, different engine, the nose area are not even alike. J-10 is two meters longer and not less than one meter wider (wingspan).

But I'm not alone in this crusade :grin:

J10B has taken the Chinese AESA Radar ,look at the angle of the Array installed similar as F-16 APG-80 Radar

27_71530_c55fe944b9bb3ce.jpg