Sign in to follow this  
Nesher

Which countries did you visit, when and how was it?

Hey Henrik,

Where was the first carrier launched ground attack (in other words where do you live in Denmark?)

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

I live in Bylderup-Bov a Village 14 km from Tønder and 8 km north of the border to Germany. The first carrier launched ground attack took place in Tønder. the target was the Zeppelin base. Nord Slesvig or more commonly known as Sønderjylland was German in WWI taken from us in 1864 and reunited with Denmark after WWI

I live in Bylderup-Bov a Village 14 km from Tønder and 8 km north of the border to Germany. The first carrier launched ground attack took place in Tønder. the target was the Zeppelin base. Nord Slesvig or more commonly known as Sønderjylland was German in WWI taken from us in 1864 and reunited with Denmark after WWI

Good you got it back . Stationbuilding of Tonder indeed has a very definite look of the Prussian State Railways....

(by the way, abslotely love Denmark, wonderful holidays near Ringkobing couple of years ago in the loveliest house of West Jylland called Enemaerket, look it up on Google under Hostahave...)

Over and out,

Good you got it back . Stationbuilding of Tonder indeed has a very definite look of the Prussian State Railways....

(by the way, abslotely love Denmark, wonderful holidays near Ringkobing couple of years ago in the loveliest house of West Jylland called Enemaerket, look it up on Google under Hostahave...)

Over and out,

Glad you liked it :biggrin: The Railroad Station in Tønder was in fact buildt by the Prussian State Railways at least that station that is still left. The other one which dont exsist anymore (demollished in 1985) was buildt by the Danes.

Thanks Henrik, :good: looked the whole thing up at Google Earth, quite incredible, especially the site in German. Been at Nordholz NAS where there are also some remains of Zeppelin activities.

Hou doe,

Derk

Been a Truckdriver the last 15 years. I've seen most of Germany including much of the former GDR after the wall fell. Sweden, Norway, Austria, Licthenstein, Switzerland and Italy. Next year I'm going to Greenland. Yeah I know it's part of Denmark but it's considered overseas here.

People in all places were nice and really helpfull, except in some parts of the most Southern Germany where it seems ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN is still in order. No offense intended my German friends, most of you are really nice. Just a few cranky ones :biggrin:

Well, we northern Germans (at least me) have our problems understanding the south German ones - especially Bavarians :biggrin:

I think we might even have more in common with you Danes than with the Bavarians :rofl:

Back to topic:

Just in the Netherlands (Emmen - fantastic zoo!) when I was younger and Swizerland (Aarau) this year (business)...

Well, we northern Germans (at least me) have our problems understanding the south German ones - especially Bavarians :biggrin:

I think we might even have more in common with you Danes than with the Bavarians :rofl:

Back to topic:

Just in the Netherlands (Emmen - fantastic zoo!) when I was younger and Swizerland (Aarau) this year (business)...

Speaking a Saxon dialect Dutch, people from the N. German coastal aerea's up into Denmark can understand me, so we do have a lot in common. As for Emmen: great zoo indeed !! :good:

Hou doe,

I forgot Southern England.

Speaking a Saxon dialect Dutch, people from the N. German coastal aerea's up into Denmark can understand me, so we do have a lot in common. As for Emmen: great zoo indeed !! :good:

Hou doe,

We have a lot of Dutch farmers here in Denmark. They are buying most of ours Cattle Farms :biggrin:

Edited by hgbn

i live very near emmen. i have been to the zoo a few times and i like it too :biggrin:

i lived in israel 9 years,did the army there , umm now i reside in canada , visited the netherlands , france , ukraine , russia , brazil , united states and costa rica.

the worst place ive been to is the ukraine and russia

hey set999 where did you serve?