Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

Today Is The Day (100 Years Flying)

It is December 17th, the day that the Wright brothers did really fly an airplane with engine (balloons, blimps and gliders did already flew).

What shall they think if they can see all those planes what now is flying or did flew?

Salute and hooray for the Wright brothers!!!

Dutchy

I just flew to Topeka for breakfest in a Cessna 175, god that was great, crosswind on final into Topeka was little unexpected since the tower operator said a light downind, but hey, a little left rudder can cure anyting, right?

I just flew to Topeka for breakfest in a Cessna 175, god that was great, crosswind on final into Topeka was little unexpected since the tower operator said a light downind, but hey, a little left rudder can cure anyting, right?

Oh absolutely:D

Edited by switch

Yeah!!! 100 years of flight, baby!

Yeah, I'm stuck at school, and I have to work tonight :( oh well. Hey Cowboy, do you have a license, or your friend? perhaps we could meet at Billiard sometime and havelunch ;)

But crap! I wanted to take some of my friends up today! :angry:

oh, one more thing. That replica that tried to fly today, yeah, it crashed :) It would've been great to be there though. man, I wish...

Yeah!!!  100 years of flight, baby!

Yeah, I'm stuck at school, and I have to work tonight :(  oh well.  Hey Cowboy, do you have a license, or your friend?  perhaps we could meet at Billiard sometime and havelunch ;)

Well, I dont have a lisence yet, and it was one my dad's older friends. But, if I'm out bombing around, maybe we could meet at Billiard, in fact this morning there was a K-State Salina 172 parked out front.

Well, I dont have a lisence yet, and it was one my dad's older friends. But, if I'm out bombing around, maybe we could meet at Billiard, in fact this morning there was a K-State Salina 172 parked out front.

On a solo then? or just flying illegal? lol

Yeah, them K-State planes come to Manhattan all the time. They're nice, but not as nice as the Warriors that the place I'm going has ;)

Anyone else here live in the Midwest?

Wow 100 years..

from an airplane tha could beraly carry a man to airplane than can carry dozen of A-Bombs.

How old you have to be to get a pilot licences???

Did anyone see the Discovery special last night on the recreated flight? Looks like they didn't have too good of luck yesterday and had to postpone due to weather.

I didn't see that show, but I did see the one following it. It was a documentary on the Wrights process of making the plane, and all the history with it. good show :)