Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

I need help with F2b in experimental camouflage

Been skining this F2b from 141 sqd, it was done in a experimental hexagon camouflage but i only have a side shot.Doe's anyone no if the top wing was also hexagon style.....

Been skining this F2b from 141 sqd, it was done in a experimental hexagon camouflage but i only have a side shot.Doe's anyone no if the top wing was also hexagon style.....

Hi

I only have nightfighter markings for this HD sqn. I will do some digging around and see if I have any more profiles of this sqn

Regards

Red-Dog, I would bet the tops of the wings and tail surfaces are also camo. Nearly every photo I have ever seen of WWI birds in experimental camo have those areas treated as well.

Cheers!

Lou

Hi

Red-Dog

F2b aircraft of both 39 and 141 Home Defence Sqns were mainly painted grey (including wings), with additional individual aircraft markings added.

As you can see from the above profile the wing tips are grey.

Another F2b from 141 (HD) Sqn

Source: Profile by V.Hochmuth

Hope this helps

Edited by Beanie

Experimental? Are you modifying a known historical design, or building from the ground up? I ask because I can't recall ever seeing a hex or lozenge pattern on any Allied planes.

Experimental? Are you modifying a known historical design, or building from the ground up? I ask because I can't recall ever seeing a hex or lozenge pattern on any Allied planes.

Hi

141 Sqn was posted in England as Home defence, so does not appear in the game.1

Yep, they tried it on a few planes. The pictures I've seen mostly were bristols

Cheer's boy's, I'll crack on with it and see what it turns out like. :good: