Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

Black`s Projects Su-33UB,Su-25 WIP and more

The grating moves with the gear down, thought about a speed antry but the gear animation works better, vector thrust also implemented, not perfect now. It`s my first try ave some ideas about the afterburner!

Everytime I see those perfect models from Bobrock, Erikgen, the MF Team and the CA Team, it`s every time an inspiration for me to say, hey this is not perfect.. it can be done better! So I tried the last few hours to resolve shadow issues and holes in my mesh, still not perfect but better than befor.

thx to all for the inspiration :salute:

Looking nice... :good:

It has very good color.

I like the details he was giving.

Continuing in this way Blackbird

Marcos

Huaa that sexy. :yikes:

You know if you make a fuss.

Very good technique has Blackbird.

It's all very smooth and soft.

:good:

PD: Me gusto ,muy bueno

Marcos

Was talking to 101tfs and he showed me I was a bit wrong with the proportions and shape... corrected it now only need to remodel the position of the cnaopy than it shoul dbe ready for other details ;-)

thx to 101tfs

on the bottom pic is the right shape black outlined and my old shape together with the remodeled plane

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Ok the current status is out for testing.. still WIP

max file over 50MB

LOD nearly 2MB

but works good ingame

I rarely give suggestions to 3D modellers as I have apsolutely no knowledge on that, so please don't take this as me being a smartass or something..

Anyway, if possible please include multiple LOD's(even just one extra can dramatically improve performance), I don't know if many people realize that but that is the mother of good performance while maintaining awsome visuals, you may not notice it with a few planes but when things get busy you really notice the "kick" of high poly models with no multiple lod's and I see that quite a few modellers lately don't really care about multiple lods even some payware guys...

Anyway as I previously said, this is just a suggestion, I have no clue how much work is needed for that to be done...

It's simply reducing the detail and making the model more "simpler" because at longer distances the aircraft being rendered far away doesn't need to show all the details as you would need to see close up. If the vehicle is simple enough, you can just remove a majority of decals to the point of the simple shape (ground vehicles mainly).

Edited by EricJ

I think I will create more LOD`s

but for now the reworked shape, now the same procedure like before, eliminate the shadow issues.... grrrrr.. :this:

Shape work is nearing the end (ready in two real weeks), finishing the last parts, than reworking some animations

@JAT I have realy no idea about the ramps will take a look on them tomorrow, I`m running out of time in RL.

hope you guys like this bird

Blackbird! This plane is getting better and better as you post new screenshots! :good::good:

Good work on this man!

I will try to reduce teh poly count a bit and create multiple LOD`s for a better performance one other LOD is sure more maybe, hope this will works

This looks awesome. Can't wait to put this head to head with a raptor!!!! Hav'nt decided which one im going to be flying yet thoughgrin.gif (May well turn red to fly this beast!!!)

Edited by MaverickMike

So I have the Rafale and there is an amount of work to do on this bird, there is more than 60% missing parts, no ailerons or other stuff, no gearbay and more ....

msg-8289-12539042509208.jpg

msg-8289-12539155526122.jpg

msg-8289-12539155573932.jpg

msg-8289-12539155623667.jpg

Some WIP

the normal 25 is the one from NF4 and we are working on it to make it flyable and it will recieve a more detailed LOD, the time run out on this project.

hope you like it