Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

Possible terrain idea? AIRSHOW

An air show base. With static aircraft all over the base. It would only have to be a small terrain seeing as it would only accompany one base. I thought this would be a cool idea, if you are bored of bombing or shooting down, do an air display. I noticed that in the WW1 Flanders terrain there where static WW1 aircraft scattered around with mechanics in front of them. Maybe this could be applied so that instead of mechanics, civilians could be in front of them and also scattered around the base.

If any terraining people could do this if people are interested that is. Anyone else think this is a good idea? Also, it would look good for screenshots and stuff. And a MP map as well.

Cheers, scouserlad13

Major Lee had a concept terrain 'Air Race', with the 'pylons' built into the terrain (ie: mountain spires). He never finished it, however.

also, for static displays it first assumes there's static aircraft that can/are used as 'terrain objects', just like buildings. And that are freely available.

Then it's a simple matter to find the offsets and place them. I take you haven't flown over my ASW map?? Try flying out of Harlingen, TX, as it used to be the site of the original Confederate Air Force (now Commerative Air Force). You'll find plenty of parked static 'museaum' display aircraft on the ramp. Even has spaces 'reserved' for some of the FE statics created by the DAT

wrench

kevin stein

That sucks, would have been nice to try that, guess I have to deal with buildings for now..

An air show base. With static aircraft all over the base. It would only have to be a small terrain seeing as it would only accompany one base. I thought this would be a cool idea, if you are bored of bombing or shooting down, do an air display. I noticed that in the WW1 Flanders terrain there where static WW1 aircraft scattered around with mechanics in front of them. Maybe this could be applied so that instead of mechanics, civilians could be in front of them and also scattered around the base.

If any terraining people could do this if people are interested that is. Anyone else think this is a good idea? Also, it would look good for screenshots and stuff. And a MP map as well.

Cheers, scouserlad13

Great !!! And we have the airshow smoke mod too now......

Flying an airshow routine is a challenge on its own !!

Hou doe,

Derk :yes:

Great idea.

I've worked on the smoke and formation for the MB-339A PAN as a part of the ID(io)T Team..... hope to convince NGHENGO to release it as soon as possible.

And working on a Patrouille Suisse mod using the TMF F-5E and the wonderfull PS skin by Evro.

Here the results soo far...

post-16385-1240660542_thumb.jpg

Smoke looks great !

It is good to have a bit of a Free Flight sometimes without being on OPS.

All i can say about that video is WOW. It looks so real. Its just fantastic. By the way, are there any volunteers for making the terrain seeing as i have no idea how to do it? I will contribute as much as i possibly can. Ill make a couple of missions so that there are other aircraft flying around also doing a small display or flypast. Maybe have a flypast by the Frecce Tricolori as you are waiting on the runway to take off.

As noted by wrench, his ASW terrain does have a static display, and also a sing saying Airshows every weekend. Maybe we could tweak that a little bit so it contains more modern aircraft rather than just WW2 aircraft and also few civilians perhaps?

Edited by scouserlad13

Great idea.

I've worked on the smoke and formation for the MB-339A PAN as a part of the ID(io)T Team..... hope to convince NGHENGO to release it as soon as possible.

And working on a Patrouille Suisse mod using the TMF F-5E and the wonderfull PS skin by Evro.

Here the results soo far...

post-16385-1240660542_thumb.jpg

WOW ............and in the vid it says the magic words "two weeks"

Hou doe,

Derk :wink: