Sign in to follow this  
AceMan

Could There Be A Daily Update???.

Like each friday you give us the privilage to see the progress of each airplane,Terrain,ship etc :D

And marry x-MAS!

maybe Weekly will be easier, i don't think everyday change a lot of stuff

Like each friday you give us the privilage to see the progress of each airplane,Terrain,ship etc

Ok this each Friday update could be done, but after we finish engine integration and the structural parts - like, when we finally have a fully developed flyable with a full cockpit and weapons/system, plus a simple way to generate missions for this flyable.

Then we'd be entering alpha stage, and after this point, it'll be much more up to contend creation (adding new units, doing research, building the campaign) than the extremely sensitive "engine building" we're doing now - so, in this contend creation stage, we going to have weekly new contend to show each fridays :)

But, daily?!?!?!? Then you gonna kill us :lol:

Yeah, daily would be a little tough to do. Heck, weekly would be a little tough sometimes I would imagine. :D

That said, you guys are doing a GREAT job communicating with the community so far, it is to be commended!

Sorry didnt mean daily but each friday. :D

Well since today is Friday and we have something to show, I'll do a quick update on what we're working now:

- Marcfighter is working in the Royal Marines skin for the AI Gazelle helicopter:

gazelle_royalmarines.jpg

- Myself, I'm modeling the FV101 Scorpion light tank used in the war, still incomplete as I'm still thinking in a better way to model the tracks without sacrifying too many polygons but with a level of detal compatible with the rest of the vehicle:

scorpion_wip1.jpg

fv101scorpion.jpg

Some data about the FV101 Scorpion armoured vehicle:

First of a series of light tanks produced for the British army, the Scorpion family has had good export success, with some 3,500 of various types built. The Scorpion is armed with a 76mm gun, which can fire cannister, HE or HESH.

It only weighs some 8 tonnes, and is amphibious to about 4kts. Scorpions most came to note in the Falklands war, being (apart from some Centurion Beach RVs) the only armor brought by the Task Force. If memory serves, the Scorpion holds the record for the worlds fastest tank.

The original 76mm Gun Scorpion is now out of service with the British Army, they took the turrets off the Fox armored cars (Which were too top-heavy), put them onto the Scorpion chassis, and gave them the thermal imagers of the withdrawn Chieftan tanks.

Length: 4.79m

Width: 2.23m

Height: 2.10m

Weight: 8073kg

Engine: Jaguar 6 Cylinder at 190hp

Speed: 80km/h

Armament: 76mm, 7.62mm Coax

Armor: 25mm

Crew: 3

Variants: Scorpion 90 with Cockerill 90mm gun, Striker w/5 Swingfire missiles, Spartan APC, Stormer APC (In effect an enlarged Spartan), Samson ARV, Samaritan ambulance, Sultan command post, Scimitar (30mm Rarden cannon), Sabre (As text)

Scimitars have also received thermal sights, making them identical in capability with the Sabre, although with a slightly different looking turret.

In use with Belgium (141 Scimitar, 103 Spartan, 22 Striker, all in storage or for sale), Botswana, Brunei(16 Scorpion), Chile, Honduras(15 Scorpion, 3 Scimitar, 1 Sultan), Indonesia, Iran(40 Scorpion), Ireland(14 Scorpion), Malaysia (24 Scorpion 90), New Zealand (26 Scorpion), Nigeria (100 Scorpion), Oman(37 Scorpion), Philippines (41 Scorpion), Spain, Tanzania (40 Scorpion), Thailand(154 Scorpion), Togo (9 Scorpion), UAE(76 Scorpion), UK(316 Scimitar, 104 Sabre, 530 Spartan, 58 Striker), Venezuela(50 Scorpion)

And Steve (scary_pigeon) is implementing gunnery, while Romano is perfecting his ROAM terrain system with a variable view range and several, configurable texture layers. More news to come next week prolly. :)

WOW

I LOVE THIS GAME ALLREADY

and THANKS! :D

That looks great...Thanks.Yall are doing a great job.