Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

Star Trek XI

Just got back from seeing it. Thought it was great - the guys who played Spock and Bones were spot on, Kirk could have used some more.....pauses, in his SPEECH...patterns, but was otherwise OK, and I liked the way he was hitting on every girl in the movie! The only things I didn't like were Simon Pegg's Scotty, thought he was too much of a comedy comedy character, and the fact that there wasn't enough of the classic theme tune, although I do realize why they saved it until the end.

Hope we see some Klingon action in the next movie!

I don't think it's possible to cast Pegg and not make the character comedic.

However, it's not like Doohan's Scotty wasn't funny quite often.

I don't think it's possible to cast Pegg and not make the character comedic.

However, it's not like Doohan's Scotty wasn't funny quite often.

Yeah, Doohan's Scotty was sort of the comic relief in the show. Hell, Doohan was pretty comical in The Next Generation episode "Relics." One of my all time favorite TNG episodes, love it when he goes to the holodeck."The android at the bar said you can show me my old ship, let me see it."