Sign in to follow this  
Icarus999

is any one running third wire with SLI/ or crossfire

Okay folks this has been asked before.... but it's been quite a while and I am wondering if any of you are running third wire on a full blown super gaming rig and if so what are the results?

With today's cards like the 9800gx2 that is a self contained 2 GPU SLI unit or the new gtx295 theoretically in SLI we should be able to max everything out and get over 30fps while running all of the great frame rate killing mods like combining the comms mod with widesky, starys effects and high aircraft skins while running frapps and some bada** target rich tree filled terrain at 1920X 1080p...you get the idea.

So far I have held off with the SLI upgrade because the original reports were that there were problems with these games, but honestly it seems more likely to me that the problems that were reported

like pixilation may have been caused by something else altogether.

2 9800GX2 run together makes a quad SLI rig that has been doccumented hitting 80 fps running Crysis. This seems like the way to go and I am seriously thinking about going this route but since very few people are reporting thier results running third wire with SLI rigs I am a bit nervous abous spending the cash.

Anyone here running SLI or for that matter the 9800GX2 or the new GTX295?

fraid not - GeForce 7600 hanging in there :)

Dont need it.... got a core2quad Q6600 running smooth as you like at 3.2Ghz, 4GB of RAM and a Zotac GTX260 AMP! and ive got everything on max and i get smoooooth play at 1680x1050...

The game is cpu limited not graphics limited. You would do well to invest in a fast cpu.

The game is cpu limited not graphics limited. You would do well to invest in a fast cpu.

Thats not entirely true. If you run out of video memory you gets CTD's

i do run on max setting with a core2dou E8300 2,83ghz and sli (two Nvidia 7900 GT) my problem are not the frame rates , but some strange shadow effects on max setting :blink: