Hi all I have SF2 AND 2V does anyone have the F-4N working in SF2 all I show is weapons and no plane I checked the knowledge base and it covers nothing on this mostly cockpits.

Thanks in advance.

SF2 Series is senstive to Naming Conventions. Open the F-4N.INI and in the Lines where it states .LOD's, See if they match how the actual .LOD's are named. For Example, If the .LOD's are named F-4N and the .INI says F-4n or f-4n, Chances are it might not show. Using matching Lower Case and Upper Case Letters should solve it....

Try these:

[LOD001]

Filename=F-4B.lod

Distance=100

[LOD002]

Filename=F-4b_lod002.lod

Distance=250

[LOD003]

Filename=F-4b_lod003.lod

Distance=500

[LOD004]

Filename=F-4b_lod004.lod

Distance=1000

[LOD005]

Filename=F-4b_lod005.lod

Distance=8000

Mind you, beinging in SF2 may make a difference -- the skins will be mapped to the orignal SF/Wo* F-4B lods. You may need to extract them from one of the Classic Games, and drop them into the F-4N folder.

wrench

kevin stein

Kevin, You're right......He'll need a .LOD from an Eariler Title in that case. A SF2 .LOD won't work. It's formatted differently.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Thank You all for the help it is now working Wrench hit it I needed the F-4B Lods.

Many thanks!!

In SF2, you have two F-4B types:

F-4B:

[LOD001]

Filename=F-4B.lod

Distance=100

[LOD002]

Filename=F-4b_lod2.lod

Distance=250

[LOD003]

Filename=F-4b_lod3.lod

Distance=500

[LOD004]

Filename=F-4b_lod4.lod

Distance=1000

[LOD005]

Filename=F-4b_lod5.lod

Distance=10000

And F-4B (1965)

[LOD001]

Filename=F-4B_65.lod

Distance=100

[LOD002]

Filename=F-4B_LOD2.lod

Distance=250

[LOD003]

Filename=F-4B_LOD3.lod

Distance=500

[LOD004]

Filename=F-4B_LOD4.lod

Distance=1000

[LOD005]

Filename=F-4B_LOD5.lod

Distance=10000

These are copied directly out of the stock, unmodified, ini files. The capitalisation is as issued.

Texture file names for the F-4B are named: F-4B_1.BMP F-4B_2.BMP F-4B_3.BMP F-4B_4.BMP F-4B_5.BMP

So your .ini will need to reflect these LOD names, and your texture bitmaps need to correspond to the new convention.

What is frustrating is that scanning the new type of LOD files with a hex editor does not reveal the file names...

Edited by ndicki

The internal formats are different for the SF2 series, so methinks our old tried and true method of exhuming them with the old style hex editors is not working.

Also, the mapping has changed, causing major incompatibilities ... Classic Stuff has to use Classic Stuff. No way around it.

Also, in regards to the N Phantom, it IS only mapped to the old style lods. But extracting, moving them to the aircraft folder in SF2, and having the proper setup is only the matter of a few minutes work, as the F-4B is in EVERY version of the Classic Series.

A simple, and easy fix. :good:

wrench

kevin stein

Actually, for the F-4s, the mapping is the same. The skins themselves are better, higher res, etc, but the old ones fit fine.

The larger one is from SF2, the other SFG. They look a bit different, but they aren't. Some other aircraft may be different, though.

You know, you all are gonna make/force/convince me to spend 20 bucks I ain't got and get this thing, right???

I'm sure I can drege it up somehow... :rofl: "oh, honey, can I borrow 20 bucks?"

wrench

kevin stein

Guest a10boar
You know, you all are gonna make/force/convince me to spend 20 bucks I ain't got and get this thing, right???

I'm sure I can drege it up somehow... :rofl: "oh, honey, can I borrow 20 bucks?"

wrench

kevin stein

That's my problem,no money and to ask will get a longer "honey do" list.That is way I am selling off my pc games no longer play to purchase the next series.Another shameless plug.Look at bottom of main combatace forum page. :blush::wink:

Btw,nice F-4N update :salute:

Kevin, my china, you just don't tell her. How do you think I got it? Click on the button, enter your visa card number, and Bob's your uncle. It's not as though you're going to be coming back from the shops with a CD case stuck up your jumper, is it?

For the time being, SF2 is a bit of a luxury. But that is going to be where the effort is made in the future.

wrench

kevin stein

Kevin, as much as you contribute here and to my own enjoyment of the game, I'll give you $20. Just don't call me Honey!

and Bob's your uncle.

You know my Uncle Bob? WOW! :haha:

F-4 maps are different.....take a look at the wing bmp's :wink:

So they are... well, bugger me! I must be using the SFP1 LODs for my stand-alones, then. Odd...

... well, bugger me!

eeeewwwww........only as a last resort mate...... :blush2:

You 2 wankers are sick, get a room. :lol:

You know my Uncle Bob? WOW! :haha:

Nee, not your Uncle Bob - MY Uncle Bob! Not the same one at all! But you're very welcome to him anyway... :mamba::blowup::hunter:

(Where are all the violent smileys, then? Ones with all kinds of evil weaponry? I could only find one single one with a minigun. Hmph.)