Well I am busy at work trying to put out some intersting skins for the awesome MF Mig-29 and I have hit a snag. I make the skins using the templates found in the downloads section using GIMP and after converting them from PSD files to BMP after that I go into game hoping to see the skin I spent 30 minutes + on and it is just white like the skin doesnt exist. Cant seem to figure out the problem and it is really halting my efforts to get my skins out. Any help is appreciated

dumb question ... do you have a textureset.ini for said skin in said skin's folder??? Without it, the game don't know it's there

wrench

kevin stein

I do which is the weird thing and thats the first thing I checked and it jsut left me scratching my head

I am trying to think what I did wrong I used sundowners templates and I used them on the C varient of the MF Mig-29 so I am a little confused all my other skins I am working on are fine but it is just this one

maybe a dumb question. But are the bmp's named proberly??

I had the same problem earlier on... and the fix was filenames :good:

filenames? and 24bit bitmap format? textureset.ini file? saved in the right folder?

all are little mistakes, that cause that the skin isn´t showing....

I belive every skinner had these problems had....

Edited by Soulfreak

Well the filenames for the Mig-29C skins are Mig-29C-001, Etc while the file name for may skin is Mig-29-001 etc...

Well the filenames for the Mig-29C skins are Mig-29C-001, Etc while the file name for may skin is Mig-29-001 etc...

then your skin bitmaps need to be named Mig-29C-001 or they wont show up the mesh in max was to 29c-0..ect it only that the bmp that a have that file name.

Damn....I feel like a complete and udder moron now! I am aggrevated at myself for not realizing that....... someone put me outta my misery lol.

Don't worry, I spent a good ten minutes trying to figure it out too... :good: