Sign in to follow this  
Womenfly2

TrackIR Q ...

Has anyone used the new TrackIR5 with OFF?

If so, could you comment on comparing the versions 3 & 4 to it, or either one, if you have had an old one before.

Just curious to see if its worth the new model.

Cheers,

WF2

I have had the TrackIR 5 for a couple of weeks, and I am very happy with it.

It is smoother and feels a lot more natural then the TrackIR 4 especially when checking your 6.

When I first installed it I didn't think that it was that much different just a little smoother then the 4 but after using it for a few day I reinstalled the TrackIR 4 and the difference was pretty amazing.

I have had the TrackIR 5 for a couple of weeks, and I am very happy with it.

It is smoother and feels a lot more natural then the TrackIR 4 especially when checking your 6.

When I first installed it I didn't think that it was that much different just a little smoother then the 4 but after using it for a few day I reinstalled the TrackIR 4 and the difference was pretty amazing.

how much of the difference would you say was down to the new software/drivers and how much to the hardware?

Is it only new software, or would I have to get new hardware as well?

I had trackir 4 with the software 4.build39, and put on trackir5 software package. have always played with the stock "combat" profile, with no modifications to curves.

Interface on trackir5 was great, but it definatly was a little "jumpy" in the game. movement was not as smooth as it was with trackir 4.

Couple others noticed the same thing.

ended up uninstalling trackir5.

but,,,try it yourself,,,it does not modify your trackir ver4 installation in any manner. You can have both installed at the same time if you wish.

Edited by sitting_duck

Same experience here as sitting duck........the T5 software package ran great with my T4 unit for a day or so, then started getting a little unreliable after that, so I went back to T4 software.

I guess we can go with the old saying, 'You can't teach an old dog new tricks'. I don't like to remember paying $180 for Trackir 4

If read Naturalpoint's Schpeel properly, biggest feature of 5 is a 51.7 degree field of view as opposed to 43 degrees for 4. When looking straight ahead, well DUH, that's why my head can turn

Then to a Lesser importance, they've modified the mechanics of the mount

What of two more years in the future. . . Trackir 6 ????

If I was starting from scratch, I'd go the extra $50

But it ain't worth no $150 to me

Me either. I just purchased Traciir4 a couple of weeks ago at the reduced price once #5 came out. Do they really have to charge that much???!!! Its like my darn dentist. 1.5 hours in the chair on a root canal and it cost nearly $900.00!!! :blink: Not right. You may as well put a knife in my stomach as that would have taken the pain away from my mouth. But have to say, I love the new TrackIr. It takes much more to get used to it than I thought