Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

OMG, MontyCZ is a STAR!

My Friends, my Fellow Simmers;

this is just an example as to the KIND of people we have in this community. I mean, how many times since The Beginning of the 3rd Wire Series, has a modler gone back and revisited something that's over 7 years old, and bring it up to more Modern Standards???

Other than some TMF projects, still to be released, I can think of no one else. Monty, brother, you totally Rock!!! He's gone back and made some changes in his old A-1H Skyraider; splitting meshes and adding new mapping (meaning: things are mapped the same, just duplicated). Doing this dosen't change anything in the skins; us End Users ™ just have to take less than 5 minutes to open some existing skin bmps, and "save as...", and viola!!! Every Single Skin using the old lods can be totally reused!!! So, in essence, NOTHING is lost, and more meshes are gained for more decals.

(btw: Monty, the open canopy needs to be back about twice as far as it is now. TIA :biggrin: )

It's a win-win for EVERYONE!!

When this upcoming VMA-331 skin is released, it'll be a COMPLETE, UPdated aircraft package. All the inis, lods, and various and sundry bits will be included. I've been spending hours repainting the Scooter B cockpit bmps to 'backdate' it for a more prop-job look, to say nothing of fiddling with the cockpit ini trying to reposition indicator needles to match the systems (btw: how the hell do I get the fuel gauge to match internal tankage??? or at least get close...)

Now, if I can just figure out the pylon bits....

we have:

MovingPylon=

RotatingPyon=

so, which one will make it so the bomb/RPs/Etc stay attached to the wing when it folds??? :dntknw:

I've tried all the combination; true/false, false/true, true/true, and the weapons still don't move. It's not a killler, but it just bugs me :wink:

Even if that isn't resolved, big deal!!! This is the best example of the caliber of folks we got building things for us. You can't ask for much more, ya know??

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench,

Silly question, but did you make sure to name the pylon each bomb is attached to?

FC

ummm....no. :sorry:

but i'll definatly check that!!!

here's the station call out:

[LeftWingStationOutboard1]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-6.05,.10,-.50

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=249.480000

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RP,RCKT

AttachmentType=NATO,USN,USAF

ModelNodeName=LeftWing_OuterPylon <--not seeing pylons called in the OUT

PylonMass=55

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=MissileRail_L

LaunchRailHeight=0.10

MovingPylon=TRUE

RotatingPylon=TRUE

from the OUT:

CenterWing (152 polys, 456 verts) 'metal2'
		MainGearInterior (44 polys, 132 verts) 'metal2'
		LeftOuterWing (99 polys, 297 verts) 'metal4'
			LeftAileron (8 polys, 24 verts) 'metal4'
			LeftOuterWing01 (168 polys, 504 verts) 'metal4'
		RightFlap (48 polys, 144 verts) 'metal2'
		WingPylon01 (64 polys, 192 verts) 'metal2'
		RightMainGearCover03 (12 polys, 36 verts) 'metal2'
		RightMainGearCover01 (34 polys, 102 verts) 'metal2'
		RightMainGearCover02 (12 polys, 36 verts) 'metal2'
		RightMainGearStrut (35 polys, 105 verts) 'metal2'
			RightMainGearActuator (45 polys, 135 verts) 'metal2'
				RightMainGearTire (268 polys, 804 verts) 'metal2'
		LeftFlap (48 polys, 144 verts) 'metal2'
		WingPylon02 (64 polys, 192 verts) 'metal2'
		RightOuterWing (99 polys, 297 verts) 'metal7'
			RightAileron (8 polys, 24 verts) 'metal7'
			RightOuterWing01 (168 polys, 504 verts) 'metal4'
		LeftMainGearStrut (35 polys, 105 verts) 'metal2'
			LeftMainGearActuator (45 polys, 135 verts) 'metal2'
				LeftMainGearTire (268 polys, 804 verts) 'metal2'
		LeftMainGearCover02 (12 polys, 36 verts) 'metal2'
		LeftMainGearCover01 (34 polys, 102 verts) 'metal2'
		LeftMainGearCover03 (12 polys, 36 verts) 'metal2'

is it possible to just use the LeftOuterWing mesh name??

wrench

kevin stein

HOT DAMN!!! I just abso-frakking-lutely LOVE it when I guess right!!!!

Yes, in this cas you can use the outer wing

Now, I'll have to check Pasko's Panther for that too....

:yahoo:

wrench

kevin stein

When this upcoming VMA-331 skin is released, it'll be a COMPLETE, UPdated aircraft package. All the inis, lods, and various and sundry bits will be included. I've been spending hours repainting the Scooter B cockpit bmps to 'backdate' it for a more prop-job look, to say nothing of fiddling with the cockpit ini trying to reposition indicator needles to match the systems (btw: how the hell do I get the fuel gauge to match internal tankage??? or at least get close...)

Wrench and ..Monty, First of all thank you. The A-1 deserved some new attention. A question. Actually two. A backdate Scooter B is a great idea, and will be VERY useful. If I recall previous version come with a cockpit that was very nice, althoguh unfinished. What happened to it? Anyway I will most likely use RAZBAM's A-1 cockpit, which leads me to the second question, that is how to figure out the fuel gauge and the itnernal tankage. when you figure that out. let me know, because while we migratie pits to lees-fortunate planes that don't have their own pit, we often forget this important gauge about fuel. I am often reminded by some silence in the middle of the fight, because I have no relaiable gauge to look at in same cases of pit mogration.

Would be cool of there was a way to add fuel quantity to the HUD.INI bits that displays info in the loer left hand corner of the screen..

HOT DAMN!!! I just abso-frakking-lutely LOVE it when I guess right!!!!

Yes, in this cas you can use the outer wing

Now, I'll have to check Pasko's Panther for that too....

:yahoo:

wrench

kevin stein

Just be careful...if you don't load anything on that 'pylon', it won't show up at all.

In other words, if you name the wing as the pylon, then don't load anything...the whole wing won't show up!

FC

You mean like this Harold??? :rofl: Yah, I found that out!!

Fortunatly, there's only the RECON loadout with nothing on the wing, so sticking a LAU-3 there as a "just in case we run across something needs blowing up" was a simple edit.

I don't want to make more work for Monty, in having him seperate a dozen stations to seperate meshs, so adjusting the loadout ini is the simplest, easiest answer.

And besides, who DON'T fly a recon mission with a bomb truck, and NOT take something along for the Bad Guys to remember you by??? :wink:

wrench

kevin stein

So much enthusiasm, I didnt expected that :-)

Kevin use this mesh names RightOuterWing01, LeftOuterWing01

I already made separated pylons

And for the canopy opening - it is something in ini (it is speed operated)

so try to increase some parameters.

Monty

You mean like this Harold??? :rofl: Yah, I found that out!!

Fortunatly, there's only the RECON loadout with nothing on the wing, so sticking a LAU-3 there as a "just in case we run across something needs blowing up" was a simple edit.

I don't want to make more work for Monty, in having him seperate a dozen stations to seperate meshs, so adjusting the loadout ini is the simplest, easiest answer.

And besides, who DON'T fly a recon mission with a bomb truck, and NOT take something along for the Bad Guys to remember you by??? :wink:

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Monty CZ

Guest a10boar

Monty CZ,This has always been a favorite aircraft to fly.Gave WOV the feel it deserves.The praise given is right on target.I too,will thank you.

Monty: there was never anything before in the inis (v5) for canopy and wing folds...!!!

I added these 2 commands:

[WingFold]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_9

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

AnimationTime=6.0

AnimationID=6

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_10

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

AnimationTime=4.0

AnimationID=5

and this in the /Pilot section:

CanopyNodeName=CanopyFrame01

CanopyAnimationID=5

to make them maunally controlled. I'm wondering if I got the anim IDs wrong?? I was kinda just guessing, looking at the existing data ini to see which weren't used.

I'll test those wing names, with a 'clean' loadout, and see what happens.

Much appriciation for you revisting this!!

wrench

kevin stein

Great job! This is one of my favourite slow movers. :yes:

Thanks again

Taking a break from killing my brain trying to figure out animations, why the right wing bombs are now sitting 1.5 meters ABOVE the wing...etc.....

Here's a shot of the modified/repainted/tweeked-to-within-an-inch-of-it's-life/etc A-4B 'stand-in' semi-generic not even close to Real Life ™ cockpit.

Obviously, those that have Raz's Skyraiders can easily reuse that one. For those that don't, ehh...this works. And the gauges are pretty damn close in readout. I'll have to add one more number to the release interval on the (nonmoving) rotary switch, and perhaps shrink/move the amp/volts gauges, but this is pretty much the final form

and yes, I KNOW for a fact it ain't right ... but it WORKS and it's free (no slight to anyone, expecially Raz!!)

wrench

kevin stein

Guest a10boar

Don't be so modest Wrench,this looks awesome.Think your brain never shuts down,not even while you sleep.You do sleep right? :umnik2: :secret:

I occasionally sleep... but my nightmares keep me awake. Those or the wife's snoring...can't tell them apart (I am soooo dead if she see's this... :haha: )

wrench

kevin stein

This version of the A-1 is not available yet - correct? Does it still have identical mirrored fuselage sides?

Oh, and I understand the snoring bit..... :fie:

Nooooot quite ready yet. This skin/decals are, just fiddling with the data inis and cockpit and the other oddities I've run into (reached the end of my skillset, methinks!!)

Mike, I believe not. Monty 'split' them into new meshes (i think that's what it called). As for skins, it was a simple matter to open the existing body1, tail1, and wingtip1 bmps in any image program (PS, Gimp, even IrfanView) and 'save as...' body2, tail2 and wingtip2 bmps. The maps are the same. Some adjustment in the decals ini IS required, if the new LODs are used with any of the older skins; changing the mesh name. SUPER EASY!!!

wrench

kevin stein

This was really my only problem with the original file - trying to do a SEA camouflage scheme with identical mirrored halves of fuselage and wings if I remember correctly. The folding wings is a real plus. Split it down the middle and we'll be in business!!

me

Edited by mppd

Current LODs have different textures for each side of the fuselage, wing and stabilizer

Mapping of the central part of the wing allows cammo pattern too.

Unfortunately canopy animation is in the slot no 7 (same as flap animation)

so I need to put it into different slot (do you know that there is one animation slot for the propeler?

- the wery first release for Wallmart version used jet engine because we didnt understand

all data ini parameters)

Kevin do you think it would be possible to rerelease A-1H based on your AD-4? (I dont fly Korea)

Monty

Outstanding! Should not take much to adapt my textures and decals to it for a SEA bird. Good work, and thanks.

Mike D.

This IS the A-1H*. I 'created' an AD-4 using all the old stuff. The only changes in THAT one are some simple edits to tail wheel steerig (now using a positive number, and rolling radius for the landing gears - reduced them)

I figure if folks want to use the newer stuff, they easily do the edits. Or I can do a 'service pak', when all is sorted out.

*Actualy, it's an "A-1H_USN", as I split mine into 2; one USN/USMC and the other USAF. "nationalized versions', so everything stays seperated.

If you want to see what I've done, I'll be glad to zip it up, and PM you a link. Might not be before late Tues/Weds, as I'm not gonna be home tommrow until late Tues evening. I hope!! (I"ll have to re-edit the data ini, as I removed/commented out a lot of stuff for the wing fold and canopy and other 'experiments')

I noticed the canopy closing with the flaps ... that could be part of the problem I'm head-butting. (and that fact I'm near my skill-set limits!! :shok: ) Even after all this time, theres SO much I still don't understand. Really!!

Let me know man!! :good:

wrench

kevin stein

Always loved the SPAD in SEA. I'd be interested in seeing it. I know the original YAP had what I thought was Monty's A-1H but it was mapped differently to allow correct camo. I'd like to adapt my textures that I did originally for Ron's SPAD and the decals also of course for release here for this one. Should not be too tough. Send the OUT file too for mesh names if you can. A few details added would help spiff it up too. Or, would Monty like to share the max file?

By the way, do we have correct drop tanks for this? I know there were several styles also.

Thanks,

Mike D.

Edited by mppd

I let guys from YAP to work with my max file so I dont know what they changed.

If you are interested I can send the file to you. I already sent it to 2-3 people

from the comunity, but never checked if they released anything :-(

This 3D model is realy OLD and with Razbams and TW versions I dont know

if there would be enough interest in it. I have the old cockpit file too - there is a chance

to finish it!

Monty

Always loved the SPAD in SEA. I'd be interested in seeing it. I know the original YAP had what I thought was Monty's A-1H but it was mapped differently to allow correct camo. I'd like to adapt my textures that I did originally for Ron's SPAD and the decals also of course for release here for this one. Should not be too tough. Send the OUT file too for mesh names if you can. A few details added would help spiff it up too. Or, would Monty like to share the max file?

By the way, do we have correct drop tanks for this? I know there were several styles also.

Thanks,

Mike D.

Yup I still have your maxffile but I have no time, the su-33ub is on the hold and the Skyraider is on the fifth position

Monty,

Sure I'd like a copy of it! I love SPADs - always will. As I said, I'll see if we can add a few details to snap it up a bit - Kevin has the data.ini file on the run...we'll do a re-release in a SEA camo - freeware for all. Credit will always go to you guys of course.

Thanks,

Mike