Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

TCM Rulez!

For those of us in the States, the cable channel "Turner Classic Movies" (aka TCM) has been running a lot of the classic war films; the expected ones and some not so expected... They've had

Back to Bataan

They Were Expendable

We Dive At Dawn

Operation Crossbow (Sophia Loren!! woot!!!)

still to come later today (well, for us West Coast Folks)

Where Eagles Dare

Bridge on the River Kawi

and the ones I'm waiting for:

Above and Beyond (Paul Tibbits & The Bomb - fictionalized 509th Story -- good flying scenes!)

The Dambusters ('nuff said!)

as TCM runs things uncut, I'm sure the dog is STILL named correctly...

can't wait for 7 pm tonight!!! when these 2 start!

wrench

kevin stein

Since the dog was a black lab .... and this taking place in the 1940s ... unforturantely, a fairly common term back then.

and Gentlemen, and Ladies, DO NOT turn this into a political/historical correctness thread!!! It just about what movies to watch (if you get the channel, that is). Thank you! :ok:

wrench

kevin stein

Wasn't it "Nebukadnezar" or something, very classic ??? "Nelson" would have been nice too.....

Hou doe,

Derk :smile:

Good old TCM. Just watched FireFox here

Ah, good old Where Eagles Dare.

btw, macelena, nice signature pictures!

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Since the dog was a black lab .... and this taking place in the 1940s ... unforturantely, a fairly common term back then.

and Gentlemen, and Ladies, DO NOT turn this into a political/historical correctness thread!!! It just about what movies to watch (if you get the channel, that is). Thank you! :ok:

wrench

kevin stein

ah, now i remember

We had Pearl Harbour last night on the BBC, and Lawrence of Arabia and Where Eagles Dare this afternoon and tonight. Don't think it had anything to do with the US Memorial Day though.

We get TCM on Sky over here. Yep there are some good old movies on there. Twelve o'clock high was on not so long ago. One of my favourite oldies.

TCM favs Grand Prix and Batlle of Britian.

You would think that AFN (Armed Forces Network) would show similiar movies on a day such as this, but no...

The spouses can't go without their soaps.

You would think that AFN (Armed Forces Network) would show similiar movies on a day such as this, but no...

The spouses can't go without their soaps.

I would like to see the Military Channel do movies on holidays and weekend nights. Military channel has been getting very repatitive.

Edited by MAKO69