Sign in to follow this  
331Killerbee

Helpful Utility...Maybe?

In my SF2/V Install, I have all the Eyecandy. Everything out to the Max. Sometimes the Game stutters when alot of Objects are placed in Game.....I had been living with it for awhile. Upon recommendation from a Friend that flys this Sim and another (FSX), He turned Me onto a little Program called "FPS_Limiter GUI". It seems the FSX Community has been using this Application and have been seeing positive Results. Myself, I was skectical. Reluctent to try it at first, But eventually did to see how it effected this Line of Sims.

I said "Wow!" when I got SF2/V for the Graphics. Now I can say "Double Wow!" now using this Application. I get to keep My Graphics settings to "High" with a improvment in "Playability" in the Framerate Department.

This is kind of how it works.

Don't let the Title of the Application Foul You. It "limits" nothing. It acts like more of a FrameRate Locker. What the Application does is finds the best Average or "Target" FrameRate and tries to keep it in the "Target" as much as possible. Resulting in a smoother Gameplay with little to no "Stuttering".

Of course, Results will vary on different Machines. OS's and Hardware. But I found a marked Improvment in My Install given My Conditions.

Now the Application was developed with DX9 in mind. But works with My SF2/V Install with DX10 Installed. Given that it was developed with DX 9 in mind, It should work for the WOX Series also.

Here's a couple of FSX Fourms that have Information on this Application:

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1236299941

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=9649.0

***** Again, Results will vary depending on enviroment.......So don't complain to Me if You tried it and it didn't work. It's not mine.....

I normally don't recommend System Utilities like this. But since I tried it and worked with a marked improvment in My Gameplay in SF2, I thought I might share this with the Community.

p.s. Thanks Sundowner!

Semper Fi!

331KillerBee :wink:

Edited by 331Killerbee

Have you tried it in any of the original WOX games or just in SF2/V ?

Just SF2/V.....Haven't tried it for WOX. But since it was designed for DX9.....I don't see why it wouldn't work....

K, so everyone knows, it WILL work in the original games, I just tried it and a campaign where i usuall get alot of stuttering, just flew smooth

Yes it does work in all the titles.

Someday in the future i'm going take the plunge and buy a seriously high end system.

Gaming on budget models sometimes is a drag.

What kind of improvement are you guys seeing?

PS - I don't know what my problem is, but I can't get this thing to work. What's the trick?

Edited by malibu43

I didn't really see any increase in my fps. It could be that there was no effect, or I can't tell the difference between 20 and 60 fps.

Extract everything in the rar file into a folder. The key to get this thing working is to open the FPS_Limiter_GUI. If it doesn't open, you may need to update your java. Once it is open, click "search executable" and locate the .exe of the game you want to use this in. Change the "maximum fps" to what ever you want. I used 60. Click "create bat". In the folder you made that includes all the extracted files from the rar file, a new file named WOI.exe.limited or SFG.exe.limited or something similar will show up. Use that file from now own to play that install.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

I never stated anything about Framerate Increases........"Smoothness" being a key Word being used by Me.......

Ur game doesnt stutter on the campaigns and missions it usually does, pretty much , it adjusts the FPS to optimum based on ur system and the game, and makes it smooth. It doesnt increase FPS to an ungodly amount.

I try to run the exe but it doesn't do anything. A command line window opens then closes immediately. I'm running vista x64.

You run the File called "GUI"......Then make a Bat File then Run. Check JA 37Viggens Post above....

that means u have to leave it in the folder that u made the GUI in.

There is no file called gui. The exe is called FPS_Limiter for me.

That's it, the FPS_Limiter_GUI. The one with the Java icon.

Hover your mouse over it it'll tell you.

It doesn't work. There is a .rar that is labeled Fps_limiter_Gui, but there is not .exe in there. And yes I have java.

Here You go zmatt. Done in Pictures. The Arrow points to the Java File to open in the First Picture. In the Second, Shows what You should get if You've installed the latest JavaScript and shows the Interface of the Application.

101.jpg

After You click on it......

101B.jpg

D3D9 means: DX9

***Don't use the "Logging" or "ODS" Buttons.

Edited by 331Killerbee

I'm a fool. I should have remembered for some reason winrar can open .jar files and its mislabeling it.

EDIT:

Yeah a quick uninstall of winrar gave me the .jar. Sorry about that guys. I had a brain fart.

Edited by zmatt

I never stated anything about Framerate Increases........"Smoothness" being a key Word being used by Me.......

That's right, it dosent increase FPS it just helps to reduce the "spiking" between high and low FPS which in turn equates to smoother overall gameplay, call it a shock absorber if you like.

BTW, you must have Java installed for this thing to work.