Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

Strike Fighters 2: Europe Screenshots (flyable plane list, new features and goodies)

That's cool. A front line USMC Aircraft (AV-8A) gets the Axe for a USAF last line Reserve USAF Aircraft (A-7D)......That makes alot of sense.........Screw it! We'll take are MAW's and load up the LPH's and leave Europe defended by Reservist.

That's cool. A front line USMC Aircraft (AV-8A) gets the Axe for a USAF last line Reserve USAF Aircraft (A-7D)......That makes alot of sense.........Screw it! We'll take are MAW's and load up the LPH's and leave Europe defended by Reservist.

To be fair though, this wasn't really the Marine's fight in this scenario. Ya'll would be up in Norway/Iceland and in the Med and of course ready for when sideshows started in the Pacific. Germany was the Army/Air Force's show.

To be fair though, this wasn't really the Marine's fight in this scenario. Ya'll would be up in Norway/Iceland and in the Med and of course ready for when sideshows started in the Pacific. Germany was the Army/Air Force's show.

Very true! Bases like Spangdahlem, Ramstein and Hahn had major A-to-G and SEAD commitments, while the ANG/AFRes would come over with their F-4Ds and backfill in the A-to-A role.

But KB is also correct in that the Harrier would be well suited for use on forward deployed fields/autobahns for CAS/Anti-tank missions.

-S

100% agree with Jeff. What was their logic in not using the Marines in the FOA in Europe? Hell that is what they were designed for.

Yep saw it and the A-7D too. Which leads Me to this. What got left out? The A-6 got the Axe in SF2Vietnam. I didn't see the first Generation Harriers......Wonder if they got it in this Title.......

See TK's message below.

SF2E will merge with SF2V and SF2.

British Harriers are in, but AV-8A has been cut to reduce both the ever increasing cost and also to reduce the size, download size was getting a tad too big...

TK

--

Regarding the merge... so if we get NF5 working on SF2:E... then it will be a blast with the merged install with SF2 and SF2:V. But I guess SF2 conversion will take time because some old plane models and pits need updating (uses WOX textures that are not in SF2).

Edited by jomni

It seems as a "Members Only" Playground.......We'll stick to guarding Presidents and Embassies until this conflict becomes all screwed up . Then We might come and bail Yall' out........If You ask nice.....

100% agree with Jeff. What was their logic in not using the Marines in the FOA in Europe? Hell that is what they were designed for.

Military politics regarding services, stuff like this lead to the whole "joint" thing. When I was working on my masters I did a fairly detailed research project about this subject. Marine leadership didn't want their Air Wings supporting soldiers when Marines might need their support. And it was likely that the AF leadership would misuse them or something or other.

Something the Clinton admin did that was really good was push the "joint operations" thing. There is still a lot of work to do but it is so much better now than it was 20 years ago.

EDIT: I forgot to put a space between "do" and "but" it looked like doubt.

Edited by Jeremiah Weed

It seems as a "Members Only" Playground.......We'll stick to guarding Presidents and Embassies until this conflict becomes all screwed up . Then We might come and bail Yall' out........If You ask nice.....

This is the attitude that led to such divisions. It was as much the Marines to blame for it as it was any other service.

When I was working on my masters

Now I know you are full of s**t, you can't even read JW. :lol:

Now I know you are full of s**t, you can't even read JW. :lol:

Well it is from Embry-Riddle, so it is not like you need to read past a 6th grade level to get one :biggrin:

(I am an allum I can say that :rofl: )

PLEASE!

That's why Members of other Branches of Services will not understand about the USMC. It America's only 911. PERIOD. Why Marine Leadership would be so reluctant to part with their Air Wings? Simple. All Supporting Arms support the Marine on the Ground first. It's called the Marine Air Ground Team. It was invented during WW1 and profected over Centuries of Conflicts. Yes, The Marine Corps is "America's only 911". Not no Sailors on an Aircraft Carrier. Not no Solider in a so called "Front Line Unit" and not a Air Force Wing. It's the Marines that only need a Presidential Order to be deployed. Not an act of Congress. But an Order from the Persident and can remain for 90 Days by Law. The White House is guarded by Marines. Every U.S.Embassy in World is guarded by Marines. Every U.S.Naval Base Gates are guarded by Marines.

Why would Marine Leadership be reluctant to release their Air Wirgs to some other Service?

Simple, Because that Mk.84 that I happen to be loading up, May save the life of a Buddy I went to Boot Camp with.

No other Branch of Service has that......Nor do I expect them to understand.....

Edited by 331Killerbee

PLEASE!

That's why Members of other Branches of Services will not understand about the USMC. It America's only 911. PERIOD. Why Marine Leadership would be so reluctant to part with their Air Wings? Simple. All Supporting Arms support the Marine on the Ground first. It's called the Marine Air Ground Team. It was invented during WW1 and profected over Centuries of Conflicts. Yes, The Marine Corps is "America's only 911". Not no Sailors on an Aircraft Carrier. Not no Solider in a so called "Front Line Unit" and not a Air Force Wing. It's the Marines that only need a Presidential Order to be deployed. Not an act of Congress. But an Order from the Persident and can remain for 90 Days by Law. The White House is guarded by Marines. Every U.S.Embassy in World is guarded by Marines. Every U.S.Naval Base Gates are guarded by Marines.

Why would Marine Leadership be reluctant to release their Air Wirgs to some other Service?

Simple, Because that Mk.84 that I happen to be loading up, May save the life of a Buddy I went to Boot Camp with.

No other Branch of Service has that......Nor do I expect them to understand.....

Cool then, since Marines weren't on the ground in Germany. They weren't part of REFORGER, don't bitch them not being stock flyable in a game simulation about a war in Germany in the 60's - early 80's.

I don't want to get into some circle jerk pissing contest about "my service is the best" blah blah blah. Because it is pointless and in reality no service is better than the other as they all have specific jobs. I was in 2 different services and was part of the actual "America's 911" that involved people from all branches working jointly. The inter-service rivalry pissing contest sh** really bothers me, when those of us that worked in unison together never had such petty exchanges.

Now lets just talk about SF2/E screen shots. Those RWRs are pretty killer.

Well it is from Embry-Riddle, so it is not like you need to read past a 6th grade level to get one :biggrin:

(I am an allum I can say that :rofl: )

....hey...I can read gooder than a 6th grader...

Some of my classmates senior year though...eh...not so much. Damn business majors.

SF2 Europe looks good, I don't suppose TK is willing to put together a 3 pack or something to help folks save a few bucks when buying everything. But I guess since its all electronic distribution that wouldn't make a big enough cost saving difference on his side.

First of all, Being a retired E-9 from the USMC gives Me the right to Bitch. Secondly, Let's take Your A-10's or F-15 out of this "Simulation" and see how You USAF Types feel about that?

Besides, It's a Circle Jerk You created. ....And as for the "Better Service thing". Yhea....I see Your point. I see alot of Airmen opening the Doors at the White House for the President......

Edited by 331Killerbee

Cool then, since Marines weren't on the ground in Germany. They weren't part of REFORGER, don't bitch them not being stock flyable in a game simulation about a war in Germany in the 60's - early 80's.

I don't want to get into some circle jerk pissing contest about "my service is the best" blah blah blah. Because it is pointless and in reality no service is better than the other as they all have specific jobs. I was in 2 different services and was part of the actual "America's 911" that involved people from all branches working jointly. The inter-service rivalry pissing contest sh** really bothers me, when those of us that worked in unison together never had such petty exchanges.

Now lets just talk about SF2/E screen shots. Those RWRs are pretty killer.

Gunny I have to agree with JW here. I don't get into that either. The current wars have been a big s**t sandwich and everyone has been taking a bite. I can't get into my service vs your service anymore. Buried friends from all branches since 2001. My wifes best friend husband was a Marine killed 2 weeks after they got married in Iraq. It hurts just the same when any of the US Forces and Allies are killed. Death does not care what branch of service you are in. Neither does the ground they are buried in. I know, spent enough time on the Honor Guard to know that for a fact.

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.

Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.

RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995

Lying offshore, ready to act, the presence of ships and Marines sometimes means much more than just having air power or ship's fire, when it comes to deterring a crisis. And the ships and Marines may not have to do anything but lie offshore. It is hard to lie offshore with a C-141 or C-130 full of airborne troops.

Gen. Colin Powell, U. S. Army

Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff

During Operation Desert Storm

There was always talk of espirit de corps, of being gung ho, and that must have been a part of it. Better, tougher training, more marksmanship on the firing range, the instant obedience to orders seared into men in boot camp.

James Brady, columnist, novelist,

press secretary to President Reagan, television personality and

Marine

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

Ned Dolan

If I had one more division like this First Marine Division I could win this war.

General of the Armies Douglas McArthur in Korea,

overheard and reported by Marine Staff Sergeant Bill Houghton, Weapons/2/5

The American Marines have it [pride], and benefit from it. They are tough, cocky, sure of themselves and their buddies. They can fight and they know it.

General Mark Clark, U.S. Army

By their victory, the 3rd, 4th and 5th Marine Divisions and other units of the Fifth Amphibious Corps have made an accounting to their country which only history will be able to value fully. Among the Americans who served on Iwo Island, uncommon valor was a common virtue.

Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, U.S. Navy

Marines die, that's what we're here for. But the Marine Corps lives forever. And that means YOU live forever.

the mythical GySgt. Hartman, USMC; portrayed by GySgt. R. Lee Ermey, a Marine Corps Drill Instructor using his own choice of words in Full Metal Jacket, 1987

Edited by 331Killerbee

Not trying to rub salt in the wound but this situation with the Harriers makes the most sense as I can't picture the scenario where Marine air would have been deployed in Central Europe with no Marine ground forces present. That is why I am slowly but surely developing the Adriatic Sea map.

A year or so ago I was visiting a parishioner a month before he died from cancer. He was an elderly marine. He had joined the corps in 1940, served on Guadalcanal, and retired a couple of decades later having made the journey from private to sergeant and back again a couple times.

Anyway, he was watching daytime TV through the whole visit. Before I left, I offered to say a prayer with him. He grunted his consent.

As I concluded I said, "Amen."

He said, "The're sure are some pretty women on television."

That said, I am looking forward to SF2E and whatever Marine addons the community sees fit to provide!

You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are.

Father Kevin Keaney

1st Marine Division Chaplain

Korean War

I'm done.........

Edited by 331Killerbee

I can't believe we are even having this conversation over a f***ing video game.

You know, I really debated posting this but this bragging and boasting is a little over the top. I usually don't do this, but lets put this in perspective.

In 1998, while I was still in the Army, on tanks, I was in Kuwait for Intrinsic Action 98-03. We were supposed to go home Dec 15th, but as some of you history majors might know, Operation Desert Fox started on Dec 17th, so Our Task Force (TF 4-64 ARMOR) was sent to the Udaryi Desert to wait for our relief TF 3-15 and even TF 1-64 was supposed to start deploying, which would put an entire Brigade from the 3rd ID on the ground. Marines were also deployed, I'm not sure what unit it was, but it was BN size, my tank platoon was sliced to the Marines to give them armored support, for some reason they didn't have tanks, or couldn't unload them in time, I don't know what was up. For 2 days we were with a Marine Rifle Company. The whole time we were there the grunts told stories with us, we told our stories, got along great. The only Marines that tried to talk trash or seriously bad mouth us with some superiority crap were the support guys, the non trigger pullers. Sure the grunts talked some trash, we did too, but the only ones that were serious about it were the support guys.

Fast Forward to 2001. I am in the Air Force, one of the first US Servicemen into Afghanistan. We fought a war working with everybody. All of us on the ground were great with each other. Fast forward to like the end of December. The Marines establish their base at Kandahar. We get to move in and get some chow. The only people to talk smack to us seriously were the support guys. Not the Grunts, not Force Recon. Guys that do paperwork etc.

Iraw was the same deal. I have a very good friend of mine who is a Marine Corps Infantryman. He was in Fallujah, working hand in hand with the 1st Cav kicking in doors and shooting Akhmed Jihadist in the face. He has never once said anything to me about "OORAH!! USMC WE ARE THE BEST EVER LOOK AT THESE QUOTES" It is usually cherries and people with support jobs that go off on this tanget.

These jobs are important, don't get me wrong, but it just seems maybe people that pull the trigger have a better appriciation for things. Nothing wrong with being proud of your branch, but arrogance about it puts people in the ground. Period.

I'm done with this subject. I wasn't even talking trash about any service, just mentioned the way the military was run Post War until about 1994.

I like that Canucuck 104's stock skin.

Point well taken. I guess all Our leadership didn't go to waste....BTW, I pulled My first "Trigger" in 1972......

Showing some of the RWR stuff and warning lights

img00012.jpg

img00015.jpg

img00003.jpg

img00004.jpg

img00008.jpg

Edited by DanW

Talking about SF2 Europe the lack of a stock AV-8A isn't that big of a deal, an updated model might be nice, but the WOE harrier is fine by me.

destroyed aircraft

img00001.jpg

img00002.jpg