Just been trying to place decals on 109 wings (top) and having no :crazy: joy - Anyone know the mesh names?

Cheers

Edited by thebeast0449

I haven't got this one but have you looked at the DATA.ini and looked at the OUT file? You can normally get the mesh names from them. Failing that, you can even open up the LOD with a Hex editor (google XV132 + hex editor) and have a nose around.

I always just paint them on; lets you weather them down a bit.

Also, remember to use a decal for the tail swastika ... it's still illeagle to show it, even in games, in some countries. Using a decal allows users in those countries to simply edit the decals ini or rename the decal so it's not used.

The mesh names for both of Wolf's 109 are Right_Outer_Wing and Left_Outer_Wing, and (obviously) Right_Inner_Wing and Left_Inner_Wing. Don't know exactly where the demarcation between them is; I'd suspect at the innerboard edge of the alerion.

To find the position, use the wingtip positions lights, come "in" 1 meter, aft .5 meter, and adjust from there.

wrench

kevin stein

AAhh thanks you guys - thats gonna make it easy... :clapping:

Forgot to mention ... the template sets for BOTH Wolf's 109s are here in the Skins/Templates downloads.

Note to self: upload the 40mgs for the 190 :wink:

wrench

kevin stein

Also, remember to use a decal for the tail swastika ... it's still illeagle to show it, even in games, in some countries. Using a decal allows users in those countries to simply edit the decals ini or rename the decal so it's not used.

wrench

kevin stein

An interesting point which we've never taken any notice of in CFS1/2/3, MAW or ETO. Under French law at least, the use of the swastika is authorised as long as it is in its correct historical context, for reasons of historical accuracy. I think it's also the case in Germany, too - otherwise you'd never be able to show a war film on TV! But the decision not to show them on the tails of warbirds (although the RAF's Bf109G-2 does carry one!) is I think just out of diplomacy. A lot of the less intelligent still take it badly when it clearly is not meant badly. In any case, in ten plus years of WW2 flightsimming, I've never heard of any trouble about this. And I've done plenty of Luftwaffe skins!

Panel lines are a bit large around the cowling; other than that good skin!!!

what opacity are you using for your decals? A Big Bird (ok, Dave) told me to use ~85%, and it gives a nice semi-faded painted on look. Works expecially well for Natural Metal finishes. For my USN blue, I usually use between 87-90%

Nigel: I agree, perhaps more out of diplomacy than anything else. Hell, I'm Jewish, and having them on skins I do never bothered me! One just overlooks the 'political' aspect, and only concentrates on the Historical one. That's how I see it.

wrench

kevin stein

I did a template for that 109....

also im sure the out files were in the d\l of the 109e too..

this is a pic of the 3d model in max...with some of the panel lines,etc, included in the template..

1.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Nice flame job!!! That'd be a great Air Racer!!!

(off topic question:)

wonder whatever happened to Major Lee's Air Race Concept terrain??? He never finished it... maybe I should look into my copy...

wrench

kevin stein

I did a template for that 109....

also im sure the out files were in the d\l of the 109e too..

this is a pic of the 3d model in max...with some of the panel lines,etc, included in the template..

1.jpg

LEKKER!

Funny you should say that kev....I did some air race skins for the P47 and 109...these are old shots in 3ds max....the skins have more detail such as AIR_RACE2008 graphics...(not shown)

circus2.jpg

Panel lines are a bit large around the cowling; other than that good skin!!!

It's not near finished yet - :blink: -gotta get the historical accuracy right-thanks shaolin

got another 6 or so in the works....

Edited by thebeast0449

Is that a storch?? :blink:

Only in 1960's TV shows!!!! :rofl: (those old enough may remember "Combat", I vaguelly recall a Luftwaffe painted Piper Cub)

wrench

kevin stein