Hellshade

Does P4 get it's own name?

BTW we have chosen a new name, hopefully sometime soon we can reveal it.

Wow that is awesome news actually. It doesn't mean that you are close to finishing or anything, but it's still nice to know you all decided on a title for your latest master piece.

I know I've already said this but of all the incredible things I've seen in screenshots and the OFF 2 preview video, the flight models and AI rank tops in my book. As mind blowing as the scenery is, the AI has me the most excited. Even combat at low altitude looks like it's going to be fantastic.

Hellshade

Just depends on one's bias I guess. I'm most excited about the campaign, for obvious reasons.:good:

Cheers,

shredward

The new Campaign, the new landscape, the new Campaign Manager, the new AI, the new skins - where should I start?

Oh don't get me wrong folks. I wasn't saying AI and FM were the only things I was looking forward to or that were awesome. Far from it. Just that those were the two I was most excited about because, to me, the more real they can make the air to air combat experience the more I love it. The beautiful scenery, the campaign, the high resolution plane skins, the new plane sets (Gotha's, Snipes and more!), the re-worked and highly detailed airfields, searchlights at night, individually tracking soldiers on the ground, the re-done Workshop, the possiblity of Hosting missions on-line, etc etc etc! I'm looking forward to it all and sometimes have a hard time believing that any Dev group could accomplish all of this, let alone one so small. But OBD loves what they do and it comes through in all of their products. We're lucky to have them.

At any rate, so now that we know they have a name - do we start the contest to see who can "name the name" correctly?

I'm going to back whoever it was that suggested Over Flanders Fields II. I'm guessing they chose that to maintain brand awareness and reduce overall title length. I'm probably wrong, but there's my 2 cents guess. Anything to fill the time before the first shipping date. drinks.gif

Hellshade

I would recommend not to drop the main name of the sim: Over Flanders Fields..

I guess I'm just a bit slower than the rest of the children, but throughout this thread, I've gone on the assumption that "Over Flanders Fields" would be retained, and the sub-title "Between Heaven and Hell" was what we were talking about. Would our Devs actually jettison "OFF"?

I guess I'm just a bit slower than the rest of the children, but throughout this thread, I've gone on the assumption that "Over Flanders Fields" would be retained, and the sub-title "Between Heaven and Hell" was what we were talking about. Would our Devs actually jettison "OFF"?

That was my crazy suggestion since it's a total re-write from the ground up and Pol would like the name to be shorter. But who knows what the Devs have done (apparently they do in fact now have a name). Frankly, they could call it "The latest stuff from Pol, Winder and Crew" and I'd buy it. But reaching beyond their established fan base probably requires something a bit more artistic.

Hellshade