Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

SF2V Air and Ground War Expansion Pack v1.0

SF2V Air and Ground War Expansion Pack v1.0

"Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam Air and Ground War Expansion Pack"

Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam Game Ehancement Package.

Works with Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam.

by

malibu43

(mostly just a compilation of other people's great work)

V1.0

------------------------------------------------------------------

What's in this readme:

1.credits

2.what's inside + quick summary

3.installation

4.Known Issues

5.legal stuff

1. Credits:

CA_Stary for Green Hell 2

Brian32 for tiles

Effects KillerBee's SF2 weps pack (which are from Bunyap, which I think are from Dueces...)

Widesky by Cellinsky

A-1J/H cockpit by Wrench

F-111A: FastCargo, Dave USAFMTL, Jat81500, Wpnssgt, Mirage Factory, MJ, NormanKnight

Infantry by Kesselbrut

D-20 by Wrench/Pasko

FireCan, KS-12, and S-60 by the ODS Team

57mm effect by Fubar512

M-47, CBU-25, SUU11B, OV-10 Tank, LAU-32 from KillerBee's SF2 Weps pack

GreenHell2 and Widesky SF2 fixes by C5

Modified SAM Trail Effect by Fubar512

TeTeT for the original modifed vietnamSEA types and targets .ini's

F-105G Updated for SF2 by Storm

F-105G skin By USAFMTL

MBB-57G By MigBuster

MKI SaniFlush By FastCargo

rescaled Green Hell 2 trees by banimal

Additional terrain, ground object, and weapons tweaks by eburger68

SA-7L from Pasko's "SAMs and Vehicles Pak: Euro Skins"

WoV Sampans by Tannethal

2. What's inside:

This is intended to be an overall enhancement to the SF2 Vietnam experience without having to hunt for, download, and install some of the "must have" mods for the game.

-Two new campaigns that are centered around fighting in South Vietnam

-Green Hell 2

-Brian32's Tiles

-Widesky Environment Mod

-Flyable A-1H/J, A-6A, and F-111A w/ weapons and loadouts where neccessary

-F-105G, Flyable B-57B, B-57G

3. Installation:

Install and Patch Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam. Run the game once.

Simply drop the contents of the "Add to SF2V MOD Folder" into your Strike Fighters 2 Vietnam mod folder (NOT the folder that the game installs to). For me, on XP, the folder is: C:\Documents and Settings\Gregg\My Documents\ThirdWire

Download the FOTI A-6A from here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5014

Copy the "cockpit" folder from the .rar file and drop it into the A-6A aircraft folder in your SF2Vietnam mod directory.

4.Known Issues

Default CAS loadout for A-1's should include CBU-25's on the outer wing stations, but the AI doesn't know how to use that weapon. So, load them onto your own aircraft, but don't load them on AI!

5.Legal stuff:

I have signed onto the freeware "list" on combatace.com. As such, the work here can be included or used in other mods as along as they aren't payware and credit is given to the creator(s).

Thanks,

Malibu43

Changes from Beta:

-Changed Easter Offensive Campaign so campaign starts in March and N.V. is on the offensive

-Changed Steel Tiger campaign so that player should get more CAS missions during offesnsives

-Added Wrench's A-1 pit

-Corrected error in F-4J loadout.ini file

-Corrected sound for the 57mm explosions

-Removed F-100's from Rolling Thunder Campaign

-Added F-105G

-Added B-57B and B-57G

-Some other small misc fixes

Edited by malibu43

Most awaited!Thanks!

Do you recommend dropping the files under SF2 mod folders (SF2 exe)?

Or just the SF2V mod folders (SF2V exe) to keep separate?

Edited by jomni

Hmmm... I think you could do it either way, although if you're dropping it in the SF2, it would have to be a SF2/SF2V merged install.

I haven't messed with merged installs with the new SF2 series much yet, so I don't have the folder structures and relationships down real well.

I think the best way to do it would be drop into your SF2V folder, whether it's merged or not. But you could always try it the other way and let us know how it goes!

Hmmm... I think you could do it either way, although if you're dropping it in the SF2, it would have to be a SF2/SF2V merged install.

I haven't messed with merged installs with the new SF2 series much yet, so I don't have the folder structures and relationships down real well.

I think the best way to do it would be drop into your SF2V folder, whether it's merged or not. But you could always try it the other way and let us know how it goes!

Yeah just wanted to see the A-6 and F-111 in the Desert without making a duplicate under SF2 mod folders. :D

Edited by jomni

Yeah just wanted to see the A-6 and F-111 in the Desert without making a duplicate under SF2 mod folders. :D

I'd like to report that it's working quite well under a merged install.

OK good! I'll add that to the readme for the final release.

OK good! I'll add that to the readme for the final release.

Noticed that there are no cockpit folders for the A-1's.

I'll be using A4's for now.

This is a cool package: it easy to get all the important mods into SF2V without any tweaking hassles.

Hi,

I'm new to WOV2V and downloaded your beta package but am a bit confused on where it goes. I see your example for XP but I am using Vista and cannot locate a Mod folder.

I did find the Thirdwire Folder in User name-"Saved Games" but there was no Mod folder after running the game a couple of times.

Am I correct in assuming that I create a Mod file and then dump these folders into it?

Here is the string for current Mod folder in Vista:

Username - Saved Games - ThirdWire - StrikeFighters2 - Mods

( I have installed both Strikefighters 2 and WOV2 )

Thanks for any help on this!

Doug aka

SlapStik

Edited by SlapStik

Hi,

I'm new to WOV2V and downloaded your beta package but am a bit confused on where it goes. I see your example for XP but I am using Vista and cannot locate a Mod folder.

I did find the Thirdwire Folder in User name-"Saved Games" but there was no Mod folder after running the game a couple of times.

Am I correct in assuming that I create a Mod file and then dump these folders into it?

Here is the string for current Mod folder in Vista:

Username - Saved Games - ThirdWire - StrikeFighters2 - Mods

Thanks for any help on this!

Doug aka

SlapStik

No, do not make a "mod" folder.We just call it a mods folders. (becauses its where mods go)

Once you hit the exe it will make the folders like you stated.

Username - Saved Games - ThirdWire - StrikeFighters2

You then dump the files into there.

Oh, I'd screwed that one up!

Thanks for your reply I'll give it a go.

Ok, it worked fine, thanks.

I accidentally put it the SF2 folder also, do you think this is a problem?

Folks:

The updated file that was uploaded appears to be partially corrupt. I've downloaded twice with different browsers and hit the same error on unpacking each time. Also, there are several minor content errors that need to be corrected (most in the stuff that I contributed, unfortunately).

I've contacted Malibu43 about these issues. I expect there will be an updated/corrected version out soon.

Eric L. Howes

Edited by eburger68

experiencing the same corruption issues.

Jomni:

Try the latest version that was uploaded late this afternoon. It should unpack just fine with no errors.

Eric L. Howes

There are no fire effects for bombs and rockets detonating. I dropped this into merged SF2 Isreal/vietnam/europe.

Richard:

Version 1.0 of the Expansion Pack was built months before SF2I was released and, thus, is not supported. I don't know of any plans to update version 1.0.

Version 2.0 (which is still in beta) should work better with with SF2I, but I can't guarantee even version 2.0 will be problem free. It will probably be some time before we fully understand all the changes introduced in SF2I.

Eric L. Howes

Thanks for that. I'm a late comer to SF, this is all still new to me. I swapped in my backup mod folder and all is well again. (Man, I did like that A6 though!)

Just curious if this works with the December 2009 update to SF2V... the four-part Gold pack looks a little daunting, but this one should fit my needs for an "upgunned" SF2V. Thanks!

MC.202:

See my reply to RichardG above on SF2I-compatibility. Version 1.0 of the Expansion Pack was built 6 months before the Dec2009 patch and, thus, does not support it. In particular, you will see the dreaded trees/clouds issue with the older version of the VietnamSEA terrain included in this version of the Expansion Pack. Other things will be broken as well.

Only version 2.0 with the "Tiles Update" and "February 2010 Update" supports the Dec2009 patch.

Eric Howes

Hi i have a question i did everything the read me says but when i try the campain mod i cant see the a1 skyraider campain so i cant select it what am i do wrong???

i have searched for it in every campain and in every branch (air force-navy-marines) i can only select it in single mission mod...

Tops of mountains are not showing, and sometimes parts of ground. People had the same problem in eburgers SFV2 A&G war expansion pack and it was solved in an update. Can it be solved here? I believe the problem happened after certain Thirdwire patch.