Sign in to follow this  
stumpjumper

multi skins in mp

jsut check it out 1 flight 4 differnt skinz at the same tme

Edited by stumpjumper

OUT-FREAKIN'-STANDING, Stumpy :clapping: . That's one thing that mp really needs, IMO. And one of the things that made flying online in Red Baron so enjoyable...all the different colors. If this becomes possible on a regular basis I might have to get to work on my paint schemes.

So what's the secret? Gimme, gimme, gimme.

OUT-FREAKIN'-STANDING, Stumpy :clapping: . That's one thing that mp really needs, IMO. And one of the things that made flying online in Red Baron so enjoyable...all the different colors. If this becomes possible on a regular basis I might have to get to work on my paint schemes.

So what's the secret? Gimme, gimme, gimme.

only thing i can say as of right now is it is a mber nightmare and you defintly will fly mp with DID style

this may or may not be a doves and hawks thing only will have to check with the higher ups at the off dev before i go public dl wiht it so bear me with me on this

only thing i can say as of right now is it is a mber nightmare and you defintly will fly mp with DID style

this may or may not be a doves and hawks thing only will have to check with the higher ups at the off dev before i go public dl wiht it so bear me with me on this

I got your PM, and I passed this thread link on to the team. This is great Stump! Is it hard to do? Can it be done on a regular basis?

OvS

jsut check it out 1 flight 4 differnt skinz at the same tme

Hi Stump since P1 we have had flights with a mixture of skins and craft - this is no problem as long as its not the players flight.

If you have found a way to make the players flight have differing craft and skins I would be keen to hear how you did it?!

Ta

WM

OvS,

Looks great. I don't know much about MP - but if they are the SAME model each player has, but still with different skins then it would be cool and we could use it in SP.

Currently in SP we cannot have different models in the *players* flight. All other AI flights in OFF already have mixed skins (as they can fly different models). That's how you see J11 diving on you in full colour with mixed craft too.

SJ does it allows us to have the players flight containing mixed models in SP?

Great job Stump..These look great. Been flying sims since 1984 and to me, Multiplayer is what makes it the most interesting. Nothing like flying with or against a good ole human being. Having a furball with everyone using different skins would make the eye candy even more attractive. BTW, mulitplayer works very smoothly and stable here. Congrats to the developers. A few bugs with the aircraft and their positioning but pretty minor and perhaps will be addressed at some point in the future. And what a joy to fly with our very polite cousins from accross the big pond! How authentic is this when your wingman says in a real British accent:

"Joker, would you be so kind as to Bugger OFF, because you are getting a little too close to my wingtip" hahahaha, great fun and I hope they join us more often.

da-Joka

Hi Stump since P1 we have had flights with a mixture of skins and craft - this is no problem as long as its not the players flight.

If you have found a way to make the players flight have differing craft and skins I would be keen to hear how you did it?!

Ta

WM

wm yeah thats the one bug abot the code as i knwo your well aware off, right now im playing aournd for mp anyway in this manner, ( and works with the did concept we are leaning towards for mp play)

each plane is its own flight, for now i have simpley added vc to each of the ace ac and swapped out a ace skin for the defualt one that is already there)wold like eventully to be able to make a .bat file or somehting that would automatically do this for you, especilly if flying for certain jastas and esc, squads,

as i stated it is a mission builders nightmare for the moment but at least right now in concpet and thery its working for the few guys i have sent the files to, and so far it dosnet mess with the campaing aspect as it will choose the defualt skin if it is calling for a ace ac, ill keep things going on my end and toyign wiht the idea,

JUST TRYIGN TO MAKE THINGS LIL MORE COLERFUL AND INTRESTING IN MP WITHOUT HAVEING TO MAKE A WHOLE BUNCH OF STANDALOENS

each mission has to have each persons plane in the mission as a standalone in their game in order for it to work. i had with the help of firestorm 12 in a mission and nightmare is to kind a word in order for it to work.

we abandoned the plan.

each aircraft has to be set in the mission one at a time and all players have to have them in the game.

no one without the same set of planes can get in to the game.

PD

each mission has to have each persons plane in the mission as a standalone in their game in order for it to work. i had with the help of firestorm 12 in a mission and nightmare is to kind a word in order for it to work.

we abandoned the plan.

each aircraft has to be set in the mission one at a time and all players have to have them in the game.

no one without the same set of planes can get in to the game.

PD

yeah i remeber those days pd the good thing about what im wokring with is it is sueing the stock ac and evnetully willhave a swithcable file to swap the skins out for you

ok 5 guiys up and running with it looking good so far, had one other person winston join us with zero mismatch and heh didnt have the new files i had sent out to the testers, only thing was he didnt have a vc or could see the skins as we did but i repeat (ZERO) mismatch looking good guys stay tuned willb testing it tongiht with as many ppl as possable wiht a campain generated mission on mp

Incredible work Stump!...truly incredible!!!

mind boggleing stumper,

i have always said........................U DA MAN!!!!

I wont elaborate but we in the boys are in the same pue in a different church.

to do this with O.F.F.is truly magnificent.......you have my CONGRATULATIONS award for sure.

PD

jaut one good shot form last nites campaing generated mission in mp, there were 7 of us and looks great guys we had dVII DVa's and a few Pfalz thrown in for good measure

Multiplayer has undoubtedly been an uphill batlle, but with talented and constuctive ppl like stumpjumper around, there is little doubt that it eventually it will get point where it belongs....

great job stump....

mind boggleing stumper,

iyou have my CONGRATULATIONS award for sure.

PD

THANKS PD COMEING FORM YOU MEANS A LOT

Looking good Stump! I have wished for this for a long time and now its here. Great work!

Could this be carried over to QC or campaign?... I mean, different skins for your wingmen?...Or is that a different ball game?

Could this be carried over to QC or campaign?... I mean, different skins for your wingmen?...Or is that a different ball game?

like baseball and cricket. to differnt games wiht the a ball never knwo uk what might comeout of it, its only taken me what 5 years to get this far lol

like baseball and cricket. to differnt games wiht the a ball never knwo uk what might comeout of it, its only taken me what 5 years to get this far lol

Would be nice if it happens...but MP is where it's most welcome....well done Stump :good:

Looks promising Stump! Well done!!

I'm hoping there will be a way around the "each plane is its own flight" issue. Makes mission building too time intensive :shok: