Sign in to follow this  
Vasco

'Winston's Early Birds' Sunday 5 July - Bloody April

Guys,

I've had some positive responses to a suggestion I made about running an online campaign for the RFC during Bloody April. I've selected 29 Squadron RFC as the participant's units and I'm already putting the missions together (The weather's s**t and we're flying Lewis-armed Neuiport 17's with less than 300 rounds against the Albatross).

Can I have an idea of numbers so I can make sure the mission has enough rides for everybody?

P.S. Wearing barbed wire underwear during the missions is compulsory! :biggrin:

Edited by Vasco

I'll be there, naturally. I'm also posting a topic later today about the "Early Birds" prizes that will be awarded at the end of July. The more Sunday sessions you fly, the greater your chances are to win one of two prizes.

Only 300 rounds? Can I talk you into using "Strongest" gun setting?

Edited by Winston DoRight

Don't worry about it Winston - The Neuiport 17 with the Lewis gun is so screwed in multiplayer that Sitting Duck couldn't even get into the mission when we tested it online today. I've had to change the bird to a Neuiport 17 with a Vickers gun. I'm now scatching my head over how we can change the skins because the default for this bird is French markings! :dntknw:

Don't worry about it Winston - The Neuiport 17 with the Lewis gun is so screwed in multiplayer that Sitting Duck couldn't even get into the mission when we tested it online today. I've had to change the bird to a Neuiport 17 with a Vickers gun. I'm now scatching my head over how we can change the skins because the default for this bird is French markings! :dntknw:

Sounds like a job for Super-Stumpjumper!

As posted in Winston's thread, I'll be there if I can.

Time to practice with the Nieuport in QC. Three on one should do it.

Pretty sure I will be there, that is iff'n we don't burn the house down on the 4th.

Beard

I'll be there!!!

Edited by RCAF_Dudley

Sounds like a job for Super-Stumpjumper!

ill do what i can guys might not be for this sesion but willby next session what few moments ihave not at work are spent on the switchable jasta/sqaud/esc aero skisn for mp but i think i can squze your request in

forget which one checked this out for me,,,but,,,i knew that blank spot in the workshop used to be a button......

gallery_45808_317_203428.jpeg

I broke down and uninstalle off3,,,,,(got tired of the 11fps),,,,will let you know at what point (if any) it dissapears....

I will be there for the game but not untill around 3pm est. I hope I don't miss to much!

See You Then! :minigun:

Edited by Axgrinder

Hi All,

Damn. Looks like I've been booked up for this evening by my wife - ah well, them's the breaks. Perhaps it's just as well as I'm still working on getting my sound rig sorted out. Given that the duration of this is likely to be, what? 2 to 3 hours? is there any chance of my looking in around 9 to 10pm BST (London time)? Is it actually possible to watch MP without taking part? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm very new indeed to MP (although keen, I hasten to add), and it would be very interesting indeed to be able to watch proceedings and hear the banter/warnings/swearing/yells of success!

Cheers,

Si

A good time, despite some connection problems (my end, no doubt :( ). Only got one screenie:

post-47353-1246834254_thumb.jpg

WAIT!!! How did that get in there?

This is the real one, from the third mission. Took it just before I timed out. There were two flights of N-17's, Axe leading Vasco and Dudley and three AI and me leading Burning Beard and Winston (just out of frame on the right, sorry, Winston) plus three AI.

post-47353-1246834304_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to the next one. And hoping for a more stable connection.

Thanks to all who stopped by to day.

1. Vasco

2. myself

3. sitting duck

4. von Baur

5. Burning Beard

6. Stumpjumper- Great formation flying!

7. FRO

8. Dudley

9. SRC

10. Axgrinder

11. Alpha8

12. Jokerswild

The MP list is growing! Apologies if I missed anyone. Thanks to Vasco for the GREAT missions and for hosting. Thanks to Duck for hosting as well. Three more "points earning" sessions to go in July. Hope to see you guys back next Sunday. Everyone else welcome as well. Check the calendar for details, contact Vasco, sitting duck, or myself for help in setting up MP and/or teamspeak.

Morning all,

Thanks for the friendly help yesterday evening. Sorry I couldn't join in the fun - my link went down and stayed down. Can't make the next two as I'll be on holiday, but I'll certainly be up for the one after.

Cheers,

Si

sory took so long to get the recon photos back but then again its 1917 poloroids and digital havent even been thought of yet thansk but covering my arse dudley wiht the 2 albys hope to be able to catch next weeks flights, if at all possbale wont be able to in 2 eeks have the british comeing here for holiday at my house, winston i love the concept you have copme up wiht, tink il ltry and do that myslef in upcomeing months so you 2 can have a go at a prize, sent vasco some samples of what i got

post-24208-1246879823_thumb.jpg

post-24208-1246879829_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all who stopped by to day.

1. Vasco

2. myself

3. sitting duck

4. von Baur

5. Burning Beard

6. Stumpjumper- Great formation flying!

7. FRO

8. Dudley

9. SRC

10. Axgrinder

11. Alpha8

12. Jokerswild

The MP list is growing! Apologies if I missed anyone. Thanks to Vasco for the GREAT missions and for hosting. Thanks to Duck for hosting as well. Three more "points earning" sessions to go in July. Hope to see you guys back next Sunday. Everyone else welcome as well. Check the calendar for details, contact Vasco, sitting duck, or myself for help in setting up MP and/or teamspeak.

Yep, joined late but Vasco did a great job...Entered the last mission and the multiplayer was very stable...Does Vasco ever sleep by the way? :)

Joka

Yep, joined late but Vasco did a great job...Entered the last mission and the multiplayer was very stable...Does Vasco ever sleep by the way? :)

Joka

If you gits would all turn up on time on a Sunday perhaps I could get to bed BEFORE 5AM! :black eye:

Thank God for caffine!

Guest British_eh

Hi there fellow Pilots:

Unfortunately I had to work this w/e, away for the next 2, then would really enjoy joining the group, for beginning August. When I flew online with P2, my pilot - Winston Hillchurch, was providing a frotnline story to a visiting Journalist from America, Clark Kent. It may be fun to do the same thing, a story about the brave exploits of the Allied Pilots?

Cheers,

British_eh

VON BAUR.......

This is the LAST time i am going to tell you...

STOP posting pictures of my wife....

British_eh,

You'll be most heartily welcome and anything you're able to do to assist in the promotion MP in OFF would be most appreciated!

VON BAUR.......

This is the LAST time i am going to tell you...

STOP posting pictures of my wife....

Your a lucky Duck if thats your wife.

Gb

britsh that would be great if you joined us when ever you could i loved the sotries you had in p2