EricJ

Super Hornet Package for SF2 v4.1

Super Hornet Package for SF2 v4.1

THIS IS NOT UNDER THE COMBATACE FREEWARE LICENSE ACCORD

YOU MAY

- Have fun with this mod
- Use it as you see fit once you download it, even modify it as you see fit
- Create your own textures as you see fit and upload them under your name

IF you wish to send me any modified core files (I don't need to review skins as that doesn't affect any core files) please PM me the modified files and I will check them out. There is no exception to this policy given my attitude towards staying out of jail. I will check them out and yay or nay the decision, but if I can edit any files in order to not go to jail, I will inform you and that will be it. I understand you may have information of a sensitive nature that you may have access to and frankly it does not belong in any files of this download. If that bothers you then please don't send me sensitive information, I think I've made it clear that I'm not going to jail in order to appease to players.

http://combatace.com...24-my-projects/

Newer skin PSD with Block I ECS (no stacks) now available for skinning needs:
http://combatace.com...-skin-template/

- Fixed some glaring errors in the INI files.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/09/2009
  • Category

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Folks, for those who think this is just a ini tweak...it isn't. There are definite model changes that make this one a much better fit for SF2/V/E/I.

I highly recommend getting this one...and I'm not just sayin that...

FC

I`ve got it, goo work so far but had to redownload, have a bad connection here and some textures are missing, loading again ;-)

Which textures?

afterburner tga, not the effect, and the textures for the landinginstrument left of the HUD... reloading it. Maybe it`s solved we have a very painfullslow connection today, duno why...

The Afterburner file is in there, in the "Effects" folder, simply copy it to User\Saved Games\Thirdwire\SF2. Sometimes it has a problem displaying it, so simply unzip it again, and copy and paste. Sometimes SF2 has that issue, as for the left side lights, I'll have to find out what texture it is.

Folks, for those who think this is just a ini tweak...it isn't. There are definite model changes that make this one a much better fit for SF2/V/E/I.

I highly recommend getting this one...and I'm not just sayin that...

FC

Physical model changes or FM changes? Or both? Can you guys go into more detail about what's been changed?

Great! I'll be downloading this soon.

Another modern jet to add to my collection. :clapping:

But no modern red jets to shoot at. :dntknw:

Waiting for official SF2 versions (and also NF4+). :good:

Physical model changes or FM changes? Or both? Can you guys go into more detail about what's been changed?

Its has a ton of changes that take advantage of SF2 many features. A night and day version from the pre SF2 one.

Like USAFMTL said, the SF2 engine puts more under the hood of the typical third-party addon, save the ones already redone. As known, the ability to have a custom texture for the drop tanks, so you don't need twenty of the same type for one bird, you only need one model, and the texture (as you'll see) in the aircraft texture folder. LOMAC had this capability (not sure how extensive as far as the 3D modelling is concerned) and something I liked, the ability to have squadron textures or if you're making a custom texture for the aircraft, you can actually make it custom textures and it'd actually "work" such as this prototype skin I started a week ago vice a VFA-105 skin, versus the SF1 version that's in my sig pic. Look at the droptanks, and the image above for the download. Same aircraft, just the ability to do things differently. Plus getting more in-depth with the radar functions, RWR is more graphically "newer" etc. Plus now once I get the next update (userlist) it will be limited to certain maps depending on how their setup.

And if you look in the KB jomni, updating the Red jets to SF2 standards isn't too hard. May require more research, but this one is built off of that KB, and the results give it a more "fleshed out" feeling.

And the changes are explained in the README.

post-5735-1247190135_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1247190144_thumb.jpg

Oh and due to not checking.. there is the VFA-111 beta skin in the FA-18F directory. It's actually finished pending any recommendations.

Took the plane for a spin. It was pleasant but have to get used to the asymmetric fuel tank config.

BTW, the red AOA light turns into a white box.

BTW, the red AOA light turns into a white box.

Really? Haven't seen that...I wouldn't think it has it's own TGA file.

FC

Great plane. . .again. I've got the same thing for the AOA indicator, white squares. There are 2 files called F-18_Lights(one Bmp and one TGA) in the cockpit folder though. Also, can't remember where you adjust the roster names from, it's using USAF.

Lights problem solved. Look for a file from any Gen 1 ThirdWire sim (except First Eagles) in the Objectdata.CAT file called F-4E_LIGHTS.TGA. Place it in the Cockpit directory. That will fix the AOA lights.

FC

I gotta tweak it anyways, so I'll be sure to put that in the next update or tweak...

For your tweaks list if not intentional, on the G version it looks like the new afterburner node? is always on.

Not sure what the issue is, but it is in fact an issue, as I checked it out for myself. I'll let Kowalski/FC know and see if we can't get it fixed soon. I though it was a throttle issue on your stick, but it's repeatable on my end too.

Rog, got it and updated and uploaded :good:

Rog, got it and updated and uploaded :good:

thanks

Thanks to Silverbolt, apparently the AI Tanker versions weren't showing the Buddy pod, and fixed a couple more errors. Simply extract and drop the folders where they need to be.

Edited by EricJ

No problem man, thanks for the heads up :smile:

EricJ,Please recheck your v1.2,there are something wrong.

like :

EA-18G VAQ129 and where is VAQ140

FA-18E no VFA143 and ......

FA-18F no VAF103 VFA-111CAG and ...........

some lost bmp or tga,some lost Decals.ini or other,and some even Does not exist

so please recheck,don't let it look like a unfinish work.

sorry for my bad english,thank you very much! :smile: