Sign in to follow this  
ArgonV

Rise of Flight: Two aircraft released/unlocked today!

Nothing wrong with it's DRM? :shok:

Are you kidding me?

First, I don't like to be treated (as a honest customer) like a potential criminal, second my main (and gaming) rig is not connected to the 'net (and I don't like to connect it to the world of spam, worms and trojans...)!

I agree 100 %

I never play MP or online games. Single player campaigns are the best.

I will NEVER buy a game to play single player campaigns online (since i need an internet connection to play single player - WTF!!!!)

WTF!!!!!!!

If you use dial-up, you can guarantee the ISP won't be available 24/7. Phone lines and dialing suck, so people in rural areas are screwed.

Then you have upgrades, equipment failures, storms (especially the lightning storms we get here with dozens of strikes in the area every minute), none of which need to be within 10 miles from you to actually have an impact.

Has anyone tried yanking their net connect after starting up the game to see if it only checks at startup, or does it ping away continually during the entire time it's running?

I was going to order Rise Of Flight this morning but Aerosoft in there wisdom have decided that £39.99 UK Pounds is the same equivelant as £39.99 US Dollars.

It would cost enough to build up a decent collection of add on planes as it is without being charged nearly twice as much for the sim than people from other countries.

Edited by Davy TASB

If TK decided to release a version of First Eagles with locked physics and improved multiplayer support he would blow RoF right out of the water. The headroom for improvement in RoF is infinite at this state...

I was going to order Rise Of Flight this morning but Aerosoft in there wisdom have decided that £39.99 UK Pounds is the same equivelant as £39.99 US Dollars.

It would cost enough to build up a decent collection of add on planes as it is without being charged nearly twice as much for the sim than people from other countries.

Hmm I think you should do a search on Simhq forum about UK suppliers.

I have RoF and OFF3 both nice games. OFF3 is on the limited caused by the CFS3 engine and RoF is limited now but has a great potential for the future, I still can remember getting WoW and FE, I was very disappointed never played it again, until I discovered the add-ons here, thanks CA-guys :ok: .  

Same will be happen to RoF. The Campaign mode is still no good, more a less like in the stock FE, but this will be improved.

BTW, I did not buy the SE5, but after the release, I found that it was appearing in the game and I was even dogfighting against it, during a mission. So your buying only the right to fly this plane.     

For me its simple, if you are a WW1 flysin fan get also CK, OFF3 and RoF, they are the new generation of WW1 fly sims.   

The Campaign mode is still no good, more a less like in the stock FE, but this will be improved.

Let me see, how many times in FE flight of enemy bombers you're after magically desappear after crossing magic script line, with you on their six 500 yards away? Happened to me during the semihistorical Fokker DVII intercept. On 1st campaign flight I was tasked with protecting friendly baloon, that once again magically appeared in from of me few hundrets meters away, so did flight of enemy fighters. Refly, SHIFT+F2 key check. They weren't there before. Spawn when you reach preset point in space.

The very same mission -secondary objective is strafing enemy trucks column -after few passes I decided I'll try the physics, ramming into one of the trucks -whole column of trucks disappeared, with just my Fokker wreckage smoking on the road. F5 key check -there's nothing moving nowhere.

Don't get me wrong, this sim has potential, I'm happy I have it, but FM and DM aside it's empty scripted world revolving around player's objectives. And speaking of DM -once you get used to, it's also something wrong with it (dive from few hundred meters, crash into grass, you'll see), and such collisions and airframe parts physics were 10 years ago in SDOE, I checked yesterday with ArgonV's WW1 pack.

edit:

CK -not impressed by the work done so far. But with time and progress may turn nice, but will have that Sturmovik feel to it for me. Never liked the IL2 series. Can't specify exactly why.

So for me it's FE for modding and relax, OFF for accurate campaigns and feel, about ROF time will tell.

Edited by Stary