Sign in to follow this  
i fight by 1

Not running out of fuel?

I drop the fuel tanks, go full military power, and nothing. I've tried this with several planes. Any Idea why?

A) You can definitely run out of fuel...verified it several times.

B) You will still get an engine RPM readout on the HUD even if you're out of fuel.

C) It still takes a while to run out of fuel.

FC

He's obviously flying in "easy" or (as we refer to it) arcade mode.

I'd call that a good thing. Lol. You've just figured out how to turn air into jet fuel :)

I always thought that when you jettison your tanks it's just external tanks, you still have internal tanks...........am I wrong? :dntknw: this would explain your question.

I always thought that when you jettison your tanks it's just external tanks, you still have internal tanks...........am I wrong? :dntknw: this would explain your question.
True, but the sooner you pop the externals the less gas you will have to hang around the target zone and If you are on a long flight and get jumped early...well just do the math :biggrin:

Nooo, I mean, there is no fuel loss at all, it stays completely full throughout the mission. LOL @ "Arcade mode"

Edit: Well whatta ya know...Fuel and Ammou Usage were on Easy! :oops::oops::pardon::oops::oops:

Edited by i fight by 1

Nooo, I mean, there is no fuel loss at all, it stays completely full throughout the mission.

Did you try flying around at military and afterburner speeds without warping (Alt+N). I think Alt+N does not cosume fuel.

Edited by jomni

Did you try flying around at military and afterburner speeds without warping (Alt+N). I think Alt+N does not cosume fuel.

Nah, I didn't warp, I was always near the target when I did it and just noticed no fuel change.

Nah, I didn't warp, I was always near the target when I did it and just noticed no fuel change.

I know on a few aircraft that i have flown in the sim, that there are two fuel indicators, and say for example, when you drop your outer tanks, one of those indicators will drop to zero.

Drop the tanks on a Javelin and you'll quickly develop the skills needed for fighting with one eye on your fuel gauge.

Same applies to F-15. +the faster you go the greater the fuel flow.