Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Finished DH-4 package released

I got rid of the DH2 windscreen by deleting "windscreen.tga" in the DH-4 cockpit folder. It still shows the two windscreen frames left over from the DH2, but at least there is no double glass. Capun said to use the "delete mesh system", but I have not fixured out what the DH2 windscreen frames meshs are called or I would have done that first.

As for plane not responding to high speed manuvers, remember that this is a bomber, not a fighter, so it does not respond as fast as a fighter. The second problem is by reducing the "drag" on the DH4 to get it up to the correct speeds (still using the correct engine HP and empty weight), it unfortunately allows the DH4 to gain speed faster than it should on a dive (everything is a compromise in this world). I did increase the up elevator response from "20" to "30" (down elevator is still at "35") so the problem is your excess speed and the limits for the controls responding to this speed.

I'm glad that at least the take off explosions are fixed, I never had that problem on my version 2, so I was not quite sure what I needed to fix.

Edited by Panama Red

I got rid of the DH2 windscreen by deleting "windscreen.tga" in the DH-4 cockpit folder. It still shows the two windscreen frames left over from the DH2, but at least there is no double glass. Capun said to use the "delete mesh system", but I have not fixured out what the DH2 windscreen frames meshs are called or I would have done that first.

As for plane not responding to high speed manuvers, remember that this is a bomber, not a fighter, so it does not respond as fast as a fighter. The second problem is by reducing the "drag" on the DH4 to get it up to the correct speeds (still using the correct engine HP and empty weight), it unfortunately allows the DH4 to gain speed faster than it should on a dive (everything is a compromise in this world). I did increase the up elevator response from "20" to "30" (down elevator is still at "35") so the problem is your excess speed and the limits for the controls responding to this speed.

I'm glad that at least the take off explosions are fixed, I never had that problem on my version 2, so I was not quite sure what I needed to fix.

The elevator problem that I'm getting isn't because of the DH-4 being a bomber or being heavy. It really is a small glitch. When I have full up elevator, at any speed, the DH-4 straightens out. In a steep bank the DH-4 turns well with a little rudder. But if I pull up too hard on the elevator I get no response and the plane just shoot off in what ever heading the elevator stoped working at. I'm only complaining about this so much because I cant pull up if I'm too close to the ground. And I cant get away from fighters. I cant bank away. If I let up a bit on the elevator, about 3/4 up, then it grabs again. It's just too tricky. Something is not right.