Sign in to follow this  
Winston DoRight

26 July, Sunday's Early Birds session

For the final Early Birds session of July, I'd like to try Fortiesboy's new DM 1.1

Myself, Vasco and sitting duck connected with it today and I think it would be nice to get everyones opinion on it. The damage is quite readily seen and could be a lot of fun.

You can get it here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=44688

Just make sure you have the hardcore damage model installed before installing and then just follow the instructions. Read the entire topic to make sure you understand the correct path to extract into.

See you on Sunday, or sooner if you want to test it out.

Edited by Winston DoRight

For the final Early Birds session of July, I'd like to try Fortiesboy's new DM 1.1

Myself, Vasco and sitting duck connected with it today and I think it would be nice to get everyones opinion on it. The damage is quite readily seen and could be a lot of fun.

You can get it here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=44688

Just make sure you have the hardcore damage model installed before installing and then just follow the instructions. Read the entire topic to make sure you understand the correct path to extract into.

See you on Sunday, or sooner if you want to test it out.

Can you remove it easily if need be?

Edited by Axgrinder

yes,,,just reinstall the hard dm

but gotta admit,,,the 1.1 damage model is pretty impressive,,,(not saying historically accurate here,,,but impressive)

was right behing an enemy aircraft, when all of a sudden his top wing came right off...didnt have time to get out of the way so collided with the wing,,,,

same sort of thing happened to winston....

Edited by sitting_duck

yes,,,just reinstall the hard dm

but gotta admit,,,the 1.1 damage model is pretty impressive,,,(not saying historically accurate here,,,but impressive)

was right behing an enemy aircraft, when all of a sudden his top wing came right off...didnt have time to get out of the way so collided with the wing,,,,

same sort of thing happened to winston....

I installed the new DM and played a little with it last night. It seems to me wings fly off of aircraft way to easy and to often. I know I'm not that good of a shot!

I installed the new DM and played a little with it last night. It seems to me wings fly off of aircraft way to easy and to often. I know I'm not that good of a shot!

Check your gun settings - we found the 'stronger' setting was too much. Normal does it just fine.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Hi,

I might well be around for this evening's fun and frivolities. Because I've been out of circulation for a couple of weeks (hols, etc) can I ask that the workshop settings be spelled out for idiots like me? If we're using DM1.1, that's fine, but I don't know what other settings need changing, and having it all here on the page dealing with the session would make it more definitive and immediate.

Can we do that, pretty please?

Cheers,

Si

still finshing up vaction guys hope to make it for the aug section

Hi,

I might well be around for this evening's fun and frivolities. Because I've been out of circulation for a couple of weeks (hols, etc) can I ask that the workshop settings be spelled out for idiots like me? If we're using DM1.1, that's fine, but I don't know what other settings need changing, and having it all here on the page dealing with the session would make it more definitive and immediate.

Can we do that, pretty please?

Cheers,

Si

SRC,

If you're already running the hardcore damage model all you have to do is install Fortiesboy's 1.1 over the top of it. I'm on TS now if you want help to set it up and test it.

Don't think I will be able to make the game today lads. I have a friend leaving for overseas tomorrow and we're giving him a send off.

Hi Chaps,

Managed to get onto Teamspeak (I was the anonymous English voice who disappeared), but couldn't get onto Winston's server address despite various attempts to do so. Not sure what was going on there, given that I thought I'd followed all the correct steps, have OFF patched up (on Hard) and have the 1.1DM installed. Any ideas? It was terribly frustrating to hear you all shooting things (or getting shot down by the Albatros aces and indestructible Fokkers) without being able to lend a hand/be a liability...

Cheers,

Si

SRC,

Jump onto TS this evening. I'll run through the setup with you and get things sorted.

Hi Vasco,

I'm a bit busy this evening, but will get on to TS if I can, otherwise I'll PM you for another time/date.

Cheers,

Si

sorry,,,but i was the one hosting........and as such, guess it was my responsiblity to post that fact in the forum..

maybe we shouldnt get so far away from posting this info in the forums like we used to.......

People who dont have teamspeak set up yet are going to still need it if they want to join mp games...

And as introducing new players to mp is alway a prority, if we dont start posting some of these casual, unannouced games, they will not know they are up.

Edited by sitting_duck

...... but couldn't get onto Winston's server address despite various attempts to do so........

Yes, that could have be a problem since I was not hosting sundays session. Due to lag and jitter issues we try to have someone host that is in a central location in the world, so some don't have to connect from too far away.

Imagine a game with two players in the USA, one on the west coast and one on the east coast, and a player in the U.K. The UK player is hosting the game, and the east coast player has a connection latency of 120 to the UK. Because of the extra distance to the U.K. the west coast player has a latency of over 200. This makes for an unpleasant online session for the west coast player because the game problems, jitters, warping are more noticeable at higher latencys.

The solution is to have the east coast player host the game because he is centrally located between the U.K. and the west coast.

IP addresses are given out at the start of each game, and will probably be different than listed on the calendar, or if you pop on late just ask who's hosting and for their IP.

Sunday's session was the most problematic we've ever had. It seemed that the program crashes and lockups were many this day as opposed to the occasional. Plus it was not fun to wait an hour after start time to begin playing. Most was due to the new damage model we were using and problems with how to get it working in the Vista OS. When this happens, PLEASE guys, do not offer help to Vista users if you're not actually using Vista yourself! This only adds to the extra time required to "try this" or "try that". People need to be familiar with their own OS to unzip, add, move, search, and delete files; or ask for help from other people with the same OS. An XP user is not going to have the right answers when it comes to Vista.

We have both XP and Vista users that play regularly and use Fortiesboy's damage model, so it can be done. Anyone that is having problems connecting or setting up can get help on practically any day except game day. Please drop by teamspeak or PM sitting duck (XP), Vasco (Vista) or myself (XP) for a training session.

We also had Big Jim join us this day. I don't think his first experience was a good one. He was used to multiplayer games that were designed to be multiplayer games. He's played Air Warrior and Aces High which were developed and tested with multiplayer in mind as opposed to OFF in which mulitiplayer was largely ignored during development and extensive testing was not done. No comparision here, and sorry about that, but we're making do with what we've got and hoping it doesn't get any worse!

been doing lousy in campaings latly,,,so went to do some pratice,,both in qc (se5 vrs allb) and rerunning the last mission by myself..

got behind this named ace,,and shot off one lower wing ...so disengaged with him, and went off looking for another plane to shoot...

While im engaged with another plane,,this moron manages to get behind me and starts shooting me,,,so i had to disengage,,turn around and finish him off..

gallery_45808_317_46771.jpg

but,,,ai should not be able to fly like this plane did with one wing missing..