Does anyone have a LOD viewer program or suggestions for one? Anything freeware? I was looking at the updating planes to SF2 and it was suggested xvi32u lod viewer, but I cant find it.

There was LOD, and many other formats viewer some time ago called UMCV if my memory works ok today. you could load and view the models, not only simple shapes, and not every one was loading.

Yep, that's the one Silverbolt was talking about...it held a lot of promise...too bad it was never expounded on. That's something modders and skinners could REALLY use.

FC

Yep, that's the one Silverbolt was talking about...it held a lot of promise...too bad it was never expounded on. That's something modders and skinners could REALLY use.

FC

Hear Hear

A lot of time is wasted every time you have to start the game up to see any changes you did on a skin. So it would be a great thing to have :biggrin:

FC

That's exactly why I asked some time ago if anyone new something about the lod structure.

If anyone can provide me with knowledge about the lod's specifications I will even learn to texture in OpenGl... :grin:

(I always wanted to create a "lod Previewer" for skinning!)

That's exactly why I asked some time ago if anyone new something about the lod structure.

If anyone can provide me with knowledge about the lod's specifications I will even learn to texture in OpenGl... :grin:

(I always wanted to create a "lod Previewer" for skinning!)

well, that would be great!

maybe TK could help. :dntknw:

I've got an old .3ds viewer I've had stashed for years that I never use due to the fact that it's for only .3ds, but agreed, it would be sooooo nice to have a LOD viewer instead of going back in and out of the game..

Yep, 3DOc32 I've been using for awhile to view .LOD Files. The "Unregistered" Version works fine. The "Registered" Version cost 50 Bucks or 40 Euros. It's not a complicated Program to run and doesn't effect the Files whatsoever. It'll read 547 different 3D File Formats. It'll also read .Tga Textures and .Bmp Files in either 8, 24 , 32 Bit. Sometimes much easier to load in this Program than the Game. But Time-of-Day Lighting and Shadows are not viewed in the Program.

There is a new version of UMC in development. It reads the _data.ini to show the damage boxes too.

post-23661-1248394171_thumb.jpg

There is a new version of UMC in development. It reads the _data.ini to show the damage boxes too.

any more info about it? :dntknw:

any more info about it? :dntknw:

Not yet, but I wouldn't leave the AvHistory Hanger without it :biggrin:

Kudos to John for going out of his way to make the extra additions to his tool to support Thirdwire sims.

Thanks KB and Sarge...nice to know there is something out there. Sure would be useful.