Sign in to follow this  
Winder

Current Status - Super Patch

I love all of the above changes to the game coming in the super-patch, with one tiny, little exception:

Old DMs will probably not work on this patch so guys you can all have fun with making new ones if you desire!

Whaaaa! :cray: All of my DM work down the drain! :cray:

Are you sure the new DM will not be compatible with the older ones? Will players be able to use 3rd party DMs like IDM 2.2 that were made before the super patch or will we have to create new ones based upon the the new OBD DM?

It's really not a big deal, but I was thinking of creating a combined-super-duper-mondo DM that would contain the best aspects of the hardcore DM, my IDM, and FB's DM, all rolled into one. No point on working on that if it will be incompatible with the new patch. :cray:

1) We are completing the SP issues and mods for the Super Patch and then will be doing MP and the associated testing thereof and the remaining Global Layer issues (railywards etc) there after - I will look into MP as promised, but we are a very small team so things are not always as fast as we would like.

Unlike many commercial ventures we simply keep plugging away and hopefully making it better as we go.

HTH

WM

BHaH already has the best single player campaign experience available, IMHO. When you get the time to put your talent and efforts into the MP side of things, I have great confidence that you will come up with an easy to use but amazing and fulfilling on-line MP experience as well. Sorry to say but you folks are a victim of your own success. Once you fixed the hard coded cloud turbulance issue, I'm convinced you can do anything if given enough time. I for one am willing to wait because the results have always been worth it. The fact that you are also working on a plane pak add-on just amazes me. Best $$ I ever spent on a game. Thanks for plugging away.

Hellshade

BHaH already has the best single player campaign experience available, IMHO. When you get the time to put your talent and efforts into the MP side of things, I have great confidence that you will come up with an easy to use but amazing and fulfilling on-line MP experience as well.

Hellshade

I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE! HALLELUJAH! :yahoo: :Yahoo: :yahoo: :Yahoo:

Honestly Guys, if you can just tweak the code so we can play full-blown campaigns in MP (and increase the max number of players from 16) you will be shipping the DVDs out by the container load!

Vasco :pilotfly:

(Praying for a persistent WWI game world running on a dedicated server - and of flying Parasols and DH5s) :pope:

Winder, marvellous news, thanks very much indeed to you and your chums.

Excellent news! I like the immortal switch for quickies. Can't wait to see the updated scenery too :ok:

The update to the scenery is a clean up of all terrain tiles and update of a few remaining tiles to Hi Res so not an overhaul of the terrain per se.

On Good PCs you will see the difference.

HTH

WM

I'd just like to record my ongoing appreciation for the work that all OBD peeps are doing. Quite astonishing that you can do all of that and still have other jobs and lives.

I am assuming you still have lives outside of all these commitments!

And on top of all that, you find the time to post here and at SimHQ, taking suggestions and comments for new features - that's simply the best customer relations I've ever encountered with any firm, not just a software company.

I rarely do it, as it feels a little cheesy but..... S! (big time).

Cheers,

Si

Is there any plan to modify the N.17 Lewis so that it uses some kind of basic iron ring sight instead of the Aldis, to make the plane more usable?

Hi Mike,

I just took a quick thumb through C&C's 'Nieuports in RNAS, RFC and RAF Service', and many if not most photos show them with an Aldis. However, we'll talk it over, and see how doeable an additional ring sight would be.

Cheers,

shredward

Hi Mike,

I just took a quick thumb through C&C's 'Nieuports in RNAS, RFC and RAF Service', and many if not most photos show them with an Aldis. However, we'll talk it over, and see how doeable an additional ring sight would be.

Cheers,

shredward

.... Or preferably make the Aldis on the British Nieuport 17 usable (more like the view on the SE5A and aligned with the gun in the normal pilot view). It seems a shame to lose one of the variants in game when all it needs is adjustment to not be so obtrusive.

Edited by Vasco

.... Or preferably make the Aldis on the British Nieuport 17 usable (more like the view on the SE5A and aligned with the gun in the normal pilot view). It seems a shame to lose one of the variants in game when all it needs is adjustment to not be so obtrusive.

No Trackir I assume?

WM

No Trackir I assume?

WM

I've been using TrackIR since version one (now on version 5). When I raise my head in the Nieuport 17 Lewis to get the crosshairs centred (as it is not naturally sligned with the pilot's normal forward view as per the SE5A) and fire, the rounds drop low. In order to hit the target I have to either aim above well above it or raise my head even further to look obliquely down along the sight; furthermore this is not down to deflection or firing while manouvering. Isn't there a message somewhere in the game that warns that the Aldis sight on the Nieuport 17 is not aligned with the normal pilot view?

I've been using TrackIR since version one (now on version 5). When I raise my head in the Nieuport 17 Lewis to get the crosshairs centred (as it is not naturally sligned with the pilot's normal forward view as per the SE5A) and fire, the rounds drop low. In order to hit the target I have to either aim above well above it or raise my head even further to look obliquely down along the sight; furthermore this is not down to deflection or firing while manouvering. Isn't there a message somewhere in the game that warns that the Aldis sight on the Nieuport 17 is not aligned with the normal pilot view?

Will have a look I think the N11 also needs its wing mounted lewis better aligned although it has no GS at all so you don't know its out - but it is.

Wont make this patch as its in beta test.

WM

The Super Patch will include the following:

1) Revised DM for all craft

2) Revised FM for Spads esp stall speeds.

Oooo, the beans are especially cool tonight

Thanks Wnder, Team, you guys are amazing :victory:

Cheers,

shredward

Just a P84 thought...

Could the Bomb Sight View be modified to simulate the Aldis Sight View?

Will have a look I think the N11 also needs its wing mounted lewis better aligned although it has no GS at all so you don't know its out - but it is.

Wont make this patch as its in beta test.

WM

Winder,

While as you say it will not make this patch, the way you guys are supporting and churning out patches to rectify any minor problem (at least 10 that I can think of since the game came out in mid January), it will not be long before this problem is rectified. My feeling is that you will add it into the aircraft packs that you are working on.

Not many other software manufacturers give this level of support to a program that was (in my eyes) pretty darn perfect when released.

Thanks

Rugbyfan9172

Winder,

While as you say it will not make this patch, the way you guys are supporting and churning out patches to rectify any minor problem (at least 10 that I can think of since the game came out in mid January), it will not be long before this problem is rectified. My feeling is that you will add it into the aircraft packs that you are working on.

Not many other software manufacturers give this level of support to a program that was (in my eyes) pretty darn perfect when released.

Thanks

Rugbyfan9172

I guess many patches can infer many bugs :dntknw: but thanks for putting it in prespective in such a nice way - much appreciated.

Yes we will continue to support and tweak P3 as we go.

WM

I guess many patches can infer many bugs :dntknw: but thanks for putting it in prespective in such a nice way - much appreciated.

WM

AND complete the plane add-on pack WHILE developing P4 WITHOUT neglecting your families OR missing your daytime job. Just cut out eating and sleeping. That's all we ask. :rofl:

Hellshade

WM

Winder,

I should have read what I typed before posting it, I meant you have released at least 10 patches, some of which have fixed minor bugs, and the rest of which have improved the gameplay, i.e. the patch where you fixed aircraft that had been shot down looking like they were just gliding earthwards without any major damage.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

Winder,

I should have read what I typed before posting it, I meant you have released at least 10 patches, some of which have fixed minor bugs, and the rest of which have improved the gameplay, i.e. the patch where you fixed aircraft that had been shot down looking like they were just gliding earthwards without any major damage.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

Hey no problem I read exactly what you meant and thanks! :yes:

I have made a mental note to myself to include smilies more as I actually type too 'literally' or 'sparsely' - its the engineer in me I guess.

:good:

WM

Great news, guys - and some really excellent improvements. Can't wait for the added planes tho' -I'm actually starting to feeling guilty about getting all these excellent updates without having to pay *something* for your efforts. You seriously rock.

CW

Sure has been a while since we've had a teaser

How about giving us a peek at one of those beauties :biggrin:

Sure has been a while since we've had a teaser

How about giving us a peek at one of those beauties :biggrin:

...... like the Morane Saulnier Parasol or the De Haviland 5? I'd love to know if the missing aircraft in the campaign are under development.

Guest Barnstorm

Thanks to the OBD team, as usual, for great work.

One addition I would like to see, would be to spell-out the compass headings of the mission in the briefing screen. Like: "Take off heading 075 to way-point "A" and turn to heading 225". Proceed to way-point "B" and turn to heading 135 and proceed to target". You get my drift. This info was part of a real pre-flight briefing and would add to realism/immersion. As one who does not use TAC, and relies on the compass and in-flight map, this would reduce the use of the map and allow for more realistic use of the compass. That info is readily available from developing the missions.