Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Jasta 12 at Roucourt castle

clapping.gif Kudos to you all for such great work. I think thats what makes this forum rock. I cant add anything of value to the work, but two things I have noticed over time. 1. when I was in Germany many yrs ago. They did seem to preserve the land by staying in communties and not spreading out so wide. 2. A few years ago, I knew a guy that bought land, without owning the minerial rights, at the bottom of a lake Silly things that people do.dntknw.gif

Excellent thread, and very much love the forensics/historical archaeology/history type discussion. Since I'm still waiting for my copy of OFF, may I ask if this particular aerodrome is modelled ingame?

I said it earlier here and I'll say it again, outstandingly informative thread! Thank you all for sharing this info and these pictures. I now have a folder in my computer with copies of all these items.

Cheers!

Lou

Thanks all; yes, it is always thrilling me, to check through photographs of aerodromes.

I may post more - even when I risk to be wrong again - the people with the better

knowledge will perhaps get attracted and give us an interesting read.

Balders, the airfield Roucourt does of course exist in BHaH. But you won't find it looking

like the field in the pics here. That would sure be a great step forwards, if the devs could

build some fields, which are well known by many, after the historical photogrphs.

Balders, the airfield Roucourt does of course exist in BHaH. But you won't find it looking

like the field in the pics here. That would sure be a great step forwards, if the devs could

build some fields, which are well known by many, after the historical photogrphs.

That would be sweet indeed. Then be able to imagine enjoying a bottle of '08 Moselle while lounging on the estate grounds, or a captured cognac in the drawing room of the estate...

But you won't find it looking

I think Pol did hint that it might be possible, for a very limited number... in Phase 5 maybe. :grin: But then he said he was joking. I didn't believe him, because I know that if these guys could do it they would. They'd like to have authentic airfield layouts in OFF as much as we would.

All I got to say is, amazing!.. really enjoying this historical sleuth thread, thanks!