Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

SUPERPATCH 1.32 is now available!

I’m sure you’re right about Neoqbs predicament, Mightysrc. We’ll have to live with that I think, and hope that now that people are buying the sim it will be developed further. It would be too much to ask the way OBD developed OFF become the norm. The time and effort that Winder, Pol and their team put in OFF is staggering and deserves the highest praise and gratefulness, but will remain an exception I’m afraid. So I accept the way Neoqp is working, fearing that it is the only way to develop a sim commercially. And without interest from commercial developers I do not think we’ll see a healthy sim market.

Just a thought..some improvements people see are because some patches may have been run in the past with the manager or dlls running etc or other issues with installs. The Super Patch may well have corrected many of those so some people are actually seeing OFF as it's meant to be now! :)

Well I for one am a happy camper!! I love the super patch, the new and gorgeous splash screen, and I can finally read the text and pilot names in the briefing screen with out my nose on the monitor. The dark background with the lighter text is spot on.

Never had a problem installing anything over Phase 2 and everything seems to be running extra smooth. Shows what quality work gets you. A huge thank-you to the OBD developers!!! :rockon:

Thanks and geez you guys take a vacation before summer is gone, eat drink and do Mary....errrr be merry. :oops:

I want to say thanks for this superpatch with many improvements, I am glad of moved bomb loadout! :ok:

Welcome in the cockpit, Horowae

Your English is near perfect; the guys will understand you right, I think.

You can post any difficult questions in German, if that works better for you - here are some

Germans or German speaking people on board (Creaghorn, Gremlin, Hasse Wind, and me).

But you will find out, that you get much more into this great community, when you use the

international language.

Stay aloft, and clear skies! May you always see your opponents, before they see you.

Olham

tHX for your answer. I can see you live in Berlin too. greetings! now some words in german. Das Spiel ist fast perfekt. Ich vermisse allerdings einen detaillierten Frontbericht wie in RB3D, zb. welche Asse in der Gegend stationiert sind. Ausserdem habe ich einen keinen Bug gefunden. Habe mich zum Jasta 11 gemeldet und jedesmal beim Start krachen meine Staffelkameraden in die Häuser der kleinen Stadt. Ansonsten ein Supergame. Habe ich lange drauf gewartet, seit RB3d.

"tHX for your answer. I can see you live in Berlin too. greetings! now some words in german.

The play is almost perfect. However, I miss a detailed front report like in RB3D, zb. which aces in the area are stationed. In addition, I have found one no bug. Has announced me to the Jasta 11 and every time by the start my relay companions crash in the houses of the small town. Otherwise a Supergame. If I have waited long on it, since RB3d."

Using Imtranslator - a Firefox add-in. Maybe there was a typo in the original "Ausserdem habe ich einen kleinen Bug gefunden"?

Maybe 'Bug' would be better as 'Kerbtier' :smile:

No, Jim, "bug" in computers is also called "bug" in Germany.

I wonder this is still happening with the crashing wingmen at start?

For horowae: Als ich den Vorgänger "Phase 2 " flog, mußte ich immer die Regionale Spracheinstellungen"

auf English (USA) stellen, weil die Sim sonst nicht mit Datums- und Maßeinheiten zurechtkam.

In BHaH habe ich seither nichts mehr von solchen Unfällen gehört.

Du kannst das ja mal versuchen, in "Systemsteuerung > Regions- und Sprachoptionen > Regionale Einstellungen:

dort ändern aus "English (USA)"

Aber eigentlich sollte das kein Problem mehr sein. Hast Du die Sim über Phase 2 installiert, oder ganz neu?

Not sure what that means but if AI crashes at take off something is installed incorrectly, or they are not launching via OFF Manager or CFS3.exe is V3.0 usually.

There seems to be better damage modelling since reinstalling with Superpatch!...marvellous

Yes, I like to think that OBD learned something from me and Fortiesboy. :wink: :wink: :lol:

Edited by Herr Prop-Wasche

No, Jim, "bug" in computers is also called "bug" in Germany.

I wonder this is still happening with the crashing wingmen at start?

For horowae: Als ich den Vorgänger "Phase 2 " flog, mußte ich immer die Regionale Spracheinstellungen"

auf English (USA) stellen, weil die Sim sonst nicht mit Datums- und Maßeinheiten zurechtkam.

In BHaH habe ich seither nichts mehr von solchen Unfällen gehört.

Du kannst das ja mal versuchen, in "Systemsteuerung > Regions- und Sprachoptionen > Regionale Einstellungen:

dort ändern aus "English (USA)"

Aber eigentlich sollte das kein Problem mehr sein. Hast Du die Sim über Phase 2 installiert, oder ganz neu?

hallo Olham, habe das Spiel ganz neu aus USA bekommen und installiert. Habe noch die orginal CD`s von CFS3 gehabt. Habe lange nach einem RB3D Nachfolger gesucht und bin total begeistert von dieser Konvertierung. Natürlich habe ich noch Wünsche für noch mehr Spielspass und Realitätsnähe(z.b Öl auf Scheibe, hires damage textures.)Aber vielleicht bin ich da zu anspruchsvoll. :good:

hallo Olham, habe das Spiel ganz neu aus USA bekommen und installiert. Habe noch die orginal CD`s von CFS3 gehabt. Habe lange nach einem RB3D Nachfolger gesucht und bin total begeistert von dieser Konvertierung. Natürlich habe ich noch Wünsche für noch mehr Spielspass und Realitätsnähe(z.b Öl auf Scheibe, hires damage textures.)Aber vielleicht bin ich da zu anspruchsvoll. :good:

Willkommen im Club. Falls Du Hilfe in Deutsch brauchst, dann kannst Du auch in meinen Foren vorbeischauen. Ich habe da ein deutsches OFF Forum eingerichtet.

-> Wings Of Honor Forums

Gruesse aus dem Süden

Well, I finally got around to trying OFF with the new patch and hotfixes in place, and I have to say that I'm very impressed for the most part. The new scenery is absolutely spot on - I can now see well defined roads, for example, and generally it simply 'feels' like real countryside.

I'm glad that we now have a new set of screens and menus - I don't think I'll miss the determined, fag smoking bloke; the new and more colourful screens are a joy. Ditto the changes to the Workshop screens - it's getting busy in there, but everything is rational and readily comprehensible.

I've not had a real chance to check out the new AI - I did two quick scenarios (thanks, BTW, for immortality - much appreciated!) and then fired up Willy Coppitt (66 Sqn, Pups) for a flight, which turned out to be a simple transfer flight to Vert Galant. Saw some Albatros DIIIs on the TAC, but they simply went on their way: in the past, that would have spelt an instant fight (perhaps outnumbering them about 3 to 1 helped), which seemed realistic. Found the field - much less obvious than with the previous version, with better integration into the rest of the landscape, landed, ended the mission and had a friendly little screen pop up - welcome to Vert Galant! I've not seen anything like that before. Nice touch.

So any down sides? Yes. My FPS has taken something of a battering with the increased detail, but seeing as (a) it wasn't stellar anyway, with around 20-25 the norm and (b) my rig only runs 2gb of ram on a Radeon 512mb video card, this is perhaps understandable. It's an acceptable tradeoff, and will spur me on to dig out AlacrityPC again to bump the rates up.

Overall, a thumbs up, chaps.