Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Have been grounded now for a month

Work, work..and yet more work!...still, allows me the enjoyment of a roof over my head...a nice computer and hot food in my families bellies!...But I had'nt had time to even put BHaH on my computer until today.... and what happens?...The OBD guys bring out a superpatch!...and it's a breeze isn't it?... Just tried one of the scenario missions...fantastic!

I hope some more of those are forthcoming in the future...and would'nt it be cool, if some ideas from the guys who fly a lot, for areas of outstanding scenery were also added?...there may well be some anyway, but I was thinking of the hilly areas that are shown in some of the screeneies!..I would like to know where they are!

Hope to get back to posting again, and flying..as I have missed being here as often as I used to be!

Happy Flying all :biggrin:

Nice to hear from you, Widowmaker. I was beginning to worry the aliens abducted you or something... aren't the OBD guys great for continuing to improve OFF? The latest patch really makes a difference in the sim! :biggrin:

Absolutely Hasse!...Have to say, I have really missed you guys!

Hi m8, there you are! Good to have the work. Good for us to have you more active here. The new patch has really made a difference. Hard to define how, somehow. I flew an Se5 and it seemed to be in hi-res. Maybe my imagination but the sound seems different too. Find some time to fly and do keep us better entertained will you?

Hi m8, there you are! Good to have the work. Good for us to have you more active here. The new patch has really made a difference. Hard to define how, somehow. I flew an Se5 and it seemed to be in hi-res. Maybe my imagination but the sound seems different too. Find some time to fly and do keep us better entertained will you?

The sound..yes, I thought that was just me!... Nice to see you Rickitycrate!...Now where's that Roustabout Olham lurking?.... In the Sun I suspect!! :yes:

Come on out German F®iend!..I have some Lewis Rounds for ya!! :biggrin:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Check your six my brother!

It has been reported that a certain german has infiltrated the British ranks and may be flying a Brisfit. What nefarious intentions he may have are as yet unknown. Beware your new sqaudmates.

Edited by Rickitycrate

Come on out German F®iend!..I have some Lewis Rounds for ya!! :biggrin:

I think he's probably staring at the main menu picture and drooling, unable to post or play. :biggrin:

I was beginning to think that Blackadder finally got tired of being called "Slackbladder" and shot your a$$!

WM, I can certainly appreciate being busy Sir. I have also been coming up very short on available flight time as of late. Hope you will be able to get into the virtual skies more often again very soon.

Cheers!

Lou

Hey, Widow! I had thought, you had left and gone over the ocean, to the US of A.

Good to have you back here. Just remember to wear a RED scarf, and I won't shoot at you!

(As long as you don't, of course).

Hi there Widow, certainly is nice to see you around again, as I have almost always seen you all over the forum when I regularly peruse it. Know what you mean about being too busy to fly and such. Heck, I'm in Afghanistan, and whoda thunk I would have so little free time to 'fly' when I'm really flying!? Like there's a war going on or something, sheesh! lol Anywho, take care m8, see ya round.

Hi Luftace!...Well, there's work...and then there's WORK!...You're job is the latter version!..... Stay Safe Brother!

S!

So, no carp fishing either? Just look after that work/life balance, alright?

Beware, Widow, old chap - German Flak is now furious!

Bigfish... Well, I sneaked an evening session in two weeks ago, and had a 13lb 3oz Carp on an artificial Tiger-Nut....it took it off the surface too..very nice!..gave me a damn good scrap on light tackle!

Olham.... Yes, my smoking ass is testament to the German flak!.... One blast completely knocked out both guns in my Camel!...Had no choice but to return home!...most unsatisfactory!!...never even got a chance to pepper a Hun! :biggrin:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Had no choice but to return home!...most unsatisfactory!!...never even got a chance to pepper a Hun! :biggrin:

Hey, having some pepper with my turnip would be a nice change from the usual! I hope your Vickers serve their pepper hot. :biggrin:

This new improved AA fire leads to strange situations. Yesterday I was patrolling over the front and started receiving some warm attention from the crumpet gunners. It looks and sounds so cool now that I almost flew closer to the AA guns in order to experience the full effect of OBD's latest improvement. Not necessarily a smart thing to do with my longest-living pilot ever! :biggrin:

Widow, knocking out only your guns was our way of friendly warfare. Be glad we let you go home again.

It happened to me too, yesterday. One of your colleagues managed to make just a very small hit on my

bird, and my guns where out. His luck - I would have sent him through the barley roasting procedure.

Guest Barnstorm

Nice to see your sternly British "smirk" again, UKW. :biggrin: I must say, you do bear a resemblance to my Scottish Grandfather (in his younger days, of course). Alas, I too, am an un-frequent flier here. Hope things in your world calm down soon.

Edited by Barnstorm