Sign in to follow this  
jshaw

SF2 Europe folder structure

Hello all.

I've bought SF2 Europe and I'd like to install some custom aircraft, however the folder structure of the game does not comply with that which is described in the aircraft's readme file, simply extracting the plane as you would with SF1 results in the plane not showing up on the planes list.

I downloaded these aircraft off the SF2 section of this site.

Do I need SF2 to use custom aircraft, or can I install them with SF2 Europe, if so, how do I do this? All the guides on installing aircraft are only relevant for SF1.

Thanks in advance.

There is a SF2 knowledge Base now check there for all your SF2 needs :good:

I've looked at the 'Basic structure of a Thirdwire Sim' thread in the knowledge base, and the structure of my SF2 Europe is absolutely nothing like it, there is no mods, effects, decals, sounds, aircraft or weapons folders, instead, everything is contained in .cat files. Meaning I have no idea how to install aircraft as the instructions tell me to add files to folders which don't exist!

Adding the correct effects/ weapons et cetera folders in the correct places does absolutely nothing. I'm downloading aircarft which say they are for SF2. What am I doing wrong? I used to be able to install aircraft in SF Gold fine.

Very confusing, is it actually even possible to install aircraft in SF2 Europe? It would help if there weren't so many different versions of the same bloody game.

Edited by jshaw

Well thats cleared a lot of confusion up, thanks for bothering to reply and not laughing/ getting frustrated at my questions. :)

No problem...I probably need to tweak that area of the knowledge base a bit...

FC

Sometimes it takes a fresh pair of eyes to notice things!