Sign in to follow this  

yf23_14.jpg

http://www.fsd-international.com/

The YF23 has been released in a try before you buy Demo installer

The YF-23 was designed for survivability, supersonic, stealth, and ease of maintenance. Designed with all-aspect stealth as a high priority, Northrop introduced the novel feature of rear jet nozzle troughs lined with heat ablating tiles developed by Allison, which shielded the exhaust from infrared detection from below.

The most notable feature of the YF-23 was the trapezoidal wing configuration. The trapezoidal design allows for a thin wing with low drag at high speeds, while maintaining high strength and stiffness. The YF-23 is both faster and stealthier than any other jet fighter.

I worked on this baby for months and its a Rocket !

give it a try ,

Edited by WCATC Director RD

for all the debates on not killing the Raptor ongoing now the F-23A would have been better adaptable for other missions than air superiorty. it had longer range, was a bit faster and though it would have carried the same a2a load bieng all in the center instead of split like the Raptor it could have handled even larger JDAM better. the Raptor was more manueverable, and actually fired weapons during DEM/EVAL while Northrup and MCAir only simulated. Not like i've had 18 some years to get over it though.

btw i have back home a Northup video with van halen "dreams" but with operational USMC hornets flying immediatly followed by a 3 min of the YF-23 in action to a soundtrack. the YF sequence was a Northrup pitch for NATF. only prob is its on VHS! has any one seen this on DVD/online? if not i'll get it converted next year and post.

Actually I like the looks of F-23 better than F-22. F-23 for me is just one of those planes that look like they are moving even when standing still on the runway...