A-4 lod files

This morning I uploaded some A-4 addons. I have just had a query from fellow sim flyier who informs me they will not work, but only has SF2E. My only answer is are the A-4 LOD files required included in SF2E? I have all three SF2 games on merged install and if they are not included in SF2E stand alone then my A-4 addons will not work.

Can anyone else confirm this.

James Fox.

Edited by James Fox

LODs and texture-mapping are different, on just about all SF2-series aircraft models (when compared to their SF:P1-derived counterparts). TK has also expanded the model line-up to include new variants.

LODs and texture-mapping are different, on just about all SF2-series aircraft models (when compared to their SF:P1-derived counterparts). TK has also expanded the model line-up to include new variants.

Thank You Fubar512.

I have all three SF2 games on merged install and there could a problem for those out there with with SFE2 as a stand alone install only. I think that the required A-4 lod files may not be there so my A-4 addons will not work. This has been a bit of an over-sight by me. Because I have all three games merged I did not notice if there where A-4 lod files in SFE2 install. Any how my fellow sim flier is going to look at purchasing a copy SF2V, which should solve his problem.

Edited by James Fox

Also, might have wanted to INCLUDE the readme INSIDE the zip ... helps when folks get the item down to their comp, they can have the written instrucitons right in front of them

To answer the original question: the LODs in question are ONLY available with a 3-game merged or SF2V install. They are not in SF2 or SF2:E

wrench

kevin stein

james no lod files in sfp2v none of the skyhawks have them jthey have justa config file

TW default LOD files reside inside the various objectX.cat files. You don't need to extract them, you simply need to place the texture files (or whatever) in the corresponding A-4 folders. And, BTW, Default SF2-series LODs are in unicode, and are therefore not backwards compatible with first gen (SF:P1-based) titles...that means anything up to and including WoI.

are the lod files includet also in SF2 Europe cat files?

Also, might have wanted to INCLUDE the readme INSIDE the zip ... helps when folks get the item down to their comp, they can have the written instrucitons right in front of them

To answer the original question: the LODs in question are ONLY available with a 3-game merged or SF2V install. They are not in SF2 or SF2:E

wrench

kevin stein

Correct Wrench, it was a very big over-sight by myself. Having purchased SF2, SFV2, then SFE2 and choosing merged install I over looked the fact that many files are not incluled in some of the later games. PS, Can I amend the read me so this is clearly stated, I tried yesterday but it do not work.

James Fox

Hey, no biggie! We all make mistakes (just ask my wife!!! :haha: )

You should be able to edit the file; on the d/l page. However, that feature may have been removed due to some 'issues' we've had.

You should be able to reupload the updated file over the existing one. There should be a button for 'Update' down on the lower right section, below the announcement

If not, let me know, and I'll delete the originals and you and just re-up new packages.

wrench

kevin stein

james no lod files in sfp2v none of the skyhawks have them jthey have justa config file

Manlyman564.

Do any of your skyhawks, that is the default ones included in SFV2 work?

Hey, no biggie! We all make mistakes (just ask my wife!!! :haha: )

You should be able to edit the file; on the d/l page. However, that feature may have been removed due to some 'issues' we've had.

You should be able to reupload the updated file over the existing one. There should be a button for 'Update' down on the lower right section, below the announcement

If not, let me know, and I'll delete the originals and you and just re-up new packages.

wrench

kevin stein

I think we should delete and I will re-upload tomorrow with an amended package Wrench, this is my work computer, not my home. PS. I did a merged install so does any one know which game has the Skyhawk LOD files if you only have Single or Stand-alone setups?

you also can update the file only! ;)

so no admin has to delete the old version! ;)

you also can update the file only! ;)

so no admin has to delete the old version! ;)

Thank You Soulfreak. I will redo the read me files and update, resubmit tomorrow. This is my work computer and I should be working, so I will amend and re-upload.

Sorry to all for all the inconvenience.

James Fox

Attention Forum Administrator on duty. I would like to have both A-4G and A-4K removed from the SF 2 Aircraft addon Section, please. I have amended files to ready to upload. These files are the same but have more detailed Readmes and clearly state only for SF2 or merged installs only. How do I proceed, do I upload first or wait till incorrect ones are removed then upload? I do not want to cause anymore problems and want to get it right this time.

James Fox :blink::blink: