Biggus:

You wrote:

The J-6 directory has only 3 files in it, the J-6.ini, J-6_data.ini and J-6_userlist.ini. Nothing else. No folders or anything.

Looks like the game didn't create a \VPAFSilver1 texture folder with a TextureSet.ini in it for the J-6 -- don't know why. You could try temporarily re-naming your Mod Folder, then starting SF2V to let the game generate a new set of base files and folders. If it does create the proper J-6 texture folder, copy it over to your real Mod Folder, delete the new Mod Folder, and re-name your real Mod Folder back to its original name.

I hadn't noticed before, but there are some other weird things in my mod folder. I've got aCanberraSeat2, a DRHAW, an EG_Pilot1, a LORAN, a LORAN_dtis, a NorthropSeat, a PilotGear1, a RacksB, a Seat_f-104, a tiger01, a tiger02, a usafpilot01, a usafpilot02 and a Weber_Seat folder under my objects\aircraft folder.

Those are all the pilots. Two options for you:

1) Create a Pilots folder under \Objects and move all those to the new Pilots folder (don't forget the stray LOD files under \Aircraft, excepting the F-5_Destroyed.LOD),

...or...

2) Download the Pilots fix and simply drop that Pilots folder in your \Objects directory:

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/sf2v/SF2V_Pilots.rar

Either option will solve that F-4D Owl problem.

Also, there's a fix for the weapon stations on the EA-6B (drop the DATA.INI file in your \EA-6B folder):

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=32329

Let us know how it turns out.

Eric L. Howes

Exactly my findings: there should be a folder "VPAFSilver1" in the J6 including a texture set, and all your other named files need to go to a folder "Pilots" in "objects"... Moving them there should do the job just like the optional download Eric mentions (but leave you without the "waste" in your "objects...grin.gif ).

Next I'll try the EA-6-fix (although I guess I won't be able to spot the difference......... So, never mind if I don't come back to report any "breakthrough"cool.gif ).

Well now I'm getting frustrated. Renamed mod folder, let game generate new mod folder, still no J-6 subfolders appearing. Will move the other folders now to the pilots folder.

Have done the 'rename folder, regenerate mod folder' twice with the same effect. Is it possible to copy the Mig 19S and just rename the files just so I have a texture on the J-6s?

Thanks for the help. :)

Edited by Biggus

That's strange - the "VPAFSilver1"-file should come/be generated by the (original) game... So, I do not know any reason, why you cannot get it.

Taking a look into both "Texture Set"-files (J-6 and MiG-19S) both have the same contents - just copying it might work.....grin.gif Good Luck!

Phew, anyone to confirm the rattlesnake-RWR-sounds coming with the XP's Extra-sounds? Sounds like the real "Crotalus" - giving me the creeps.......heat.gif

If it's realistic I (of course) would like to keep it.... Any opinions?

Edited by stingray77

Biggus:

Is it possible to copy the Mig 19S and just rename the files just so I have a texture on the J-6s?

Yeah, just copy the VPAFSilver1 folder from the MiG-19S or MiG-19SF to your J-6 folder. That should work.

Eric L. Howes

Let me pick up Eric's post #19 from the "File Announcement" area here (not to spoil that one more than necessary).

I want to "activate" the A/C130's from the "Extra_Aircraft" without having access to the previous TW games where I need to get some data from.

Eric proposed to download this C-130J http://forum.combata...s&showfile=1703 instead and said "You'll need to edit the main .INI file for each of the A/C-130 variants so that they point to the LODs and .SHD files from that package, as they're named slightly differently."

That's where I am.

I can open the A/C130 .INI-files from the "Extra_Aircraft" like this:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=AC-130A Spectre

AircraftShortName=AC-130

AircraftDataFile=AC-130A_data.ini

LoadoutFile=AC-130A_loadout.ini

UserList=AC-130A_USERLIST.INI

CockpitDataFile=AC-130A_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=AC-130A_hangar.bmp

LoadingScreen=AC-130A_Loading.bmp

LoadoutImage=AC-130A_loadout.tga

LoadoutFile=AC-130A_loadout.ini

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=AC-130A_avionics.ini

[LOD001]

Filename=C-130A.lod

Distance=150

[LOD002]

Filename=C-130A_lod002.lod

Distance=350

[LOD003]

Filename=C-130A_lod003.lod

Distance=500

[LOD004]

Filename=C-130A_lod004.lod

Distance=1000

[LOD005]

Filename=C-130A_lod005.lod

Distance=8000

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowLOD=C-130A_shadow.shd

ShadowType=1

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=500

[TextureSet001]

Directory=USAFSEAcamo

Name=USAF SEA Camo

Nation=USAF

Specular=0.60

Glossiness=0.40

Reflection=0.40

Okay, now what exactly do I need to change and how?

I guess I' need to exchange the data marked bold above with some "values" from the downloaded aircraft - but which?

In the downloaded [1703]C_130J, I find this in the main .INI:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=C-130J Hercules

AircraftDataFile=C-130J_data.ini

LoadoutFile=C-130J_loadout.ini

CockpitDataFile=A-4F_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=C-130J_hangar.bmp

LoadoutImage=C-130J_loadout.bmp

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=A-4F_avionics.ini

LoadingScreen=C-130J_Loading.bmp

[LOD001]

Filename=C-130J.lod

Distance=150

[LOD002]

Filename=C-130J_lod002.lod

Distance=350

[LOD003]

Filename=C-130J_lod003.lod

Distance=500

[LOD004]

Filename=C-130J_lod004.lod

Distance=1000

[LOD005]

Filename=C-130J_lod005.lod

Distance=8000

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowLOD=C-130J_shadow.shd

ShadowType=1

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=500

[TextureSet001]

Directory=RAAF37SQN

Name=RAAF Low-Vis Grey

Nation=Australia

So shall I put in (example) "C-130J.lod" taken from the [1703] where the "C-130A.lod" was in the LOD001 and the others similarly?

I guess I need to copy the LOD0001 and following from the [1703] into every of the Extra's variants then, too?

Is THIS how it has to work?

Willing to learn.....grin.gif

Let me pick up Eric's post #19 from the "File Announcement" area here (not to spoil that one more than necessary).

I want to "activate" the A/C130's from the "Extra_Aircraft"

Is THIS how it has to work?

Willing to learn.....grin.gif

Yes, I think that should do it. I believe that is how I got my C-130's to work in the Falklands mod.

Yup, went flawlessly (well, almost)...

One hint and a glitch found.

The hint:

I just copied all the LOD and SHD from the C130J .INI and put them into the 4 .INIs to overwrite the existing data...

There's a big difference only in the "Special's" (AC-130A_SP) INI - the shadows are different:

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=500

this is what the others have:

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowLOD=C-130A_shadow.shd

ShadowType=1

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=500

...somewhat more contents and the link to the .SHD...

Is this intentionally or a mistake?

As said: I overwrote the original (kept a back-up of course!grin.gif ) - does this maybe have to do with the glitch, I ran into?

Here it comes:

See the strange shadow/negative shadow from the "bombs" on the wings to their respective position in the shadow...

Can I remedy this by changing back to the "original" (lesser) INI (I will try in a minute), or is this some bug you need to address to?

Nope - really seems to be some glitch... See the two screenies (on both, my wingman and my own plane) with the original .shd-data in the .INI...

Please (try to) take this up.

I do not know how this is with the other Herc's - by now I only tried the AC-130_SP...

Thanks for all your support!good.gif

Okay, more testing and screenies (I know - everybody loves them! grin.gif )

The AC-130 didn't show those very strange shadows - but the tanks did not cast shadows either... (Something you can do about? Or is it my J-files not perfectly fitting?)

The C-130A is perfect (but it doesn't carry any tanks - at least not in my test-layout) - and what a BEAUTIFUL texture she has! clapping.gif (I once built a plastic model with about the same looks......)

Same with the E-model - and that one even has the tanks casting shadows, too!yess.gif Now, what the **** is THAT?

But enough of testing now - let's get back flying my campaign....... Later, buddies!

Biggus are your sure all the rest of the Migs are OK ? I have the same problem and had a bunch of them show with no textures.

Biggus are your sure all the rest of the Migs are OK ? I have the same problem and had a bunch of them show with no textures.

Yeah, all that I've found so far are skinned. Mind you, I did have to do a reinstallation. The first time, no VPAF a/c had skins at all. I'm about to test with the cut and paste mig19s vpaf silver folder to J-6 folder and see what happens.

Anything on the "rattlesnake"-sounds of the RWR or my Herc-problems (see above)?

Stingray77:

We'll be releasing a FixPack in a few hours that will address the A/C-130 problems. As for the RWR sounds, the best I can tell you is what I already said in the ReadMe:

Please note that I have never heard a recording of the actual sounds emitted by early RHAWR units -- all I have to go on is the descriptions offered by pilots (which are fairly consistent) of its sounds. Thus, I cannot vouch for the historical accuracy of these alternate RWR sounds, which are based on recordings of real rattlesnakes.

So, it's your call as to whether or not to continue using them.

Eric L. Howes

Cool, great to hear of the "Final"!

And concerning the snake: I kind of "like" it - just wanted know if anybody else knew something more...

Thx again!

Hi All:

As promised, a FixPack for the version 2.0 Expansion Pack Beta has been uploaded:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php/topic/46417-sf2v-air-and-ground-war-expansion-pack-v2-0-fixpack/

Please peruse the ReadMe before installing. This FixPack includes all the fixes posted previously in this thread plus a number of other minor corrections and add-ons.

Best,

Eric L. Howes

Biggus, if everything else fails you can do what i did and install third party skins. That's what i had to do for all my Migs. Reinstalling didn't help.

Great work guys!

One thing I noticed though. It was mentioned in the Update v1.0 thread, the Alpha Objects clipping through clouds and each other. Stary recommended:

[AlphaObjectTextureMaterial]
//EffectShaderName=terAlphaObject.fx
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=FALSE
RenderedInOrder=FALSE
AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE
CullMode=NO_CULL
LightEnabled=TRUE
SpecularEnabled=FALSE
EmissiveEnabled=FALSE
FogEnabled=TRUE
AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000
ZBufferOffset=2.000000
BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA
NumTextureStages=1
TextureStage[01].TextureName=
TextureStage[01].MipMap=TRUE
TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE
TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE
TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE
[/Code]

These settings improve it considerably, no more clipping clouds but still some of the trees are problematic.

At the moment, v2.0 package comes with vietnamsea_data.ini:

[i]RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=FALSE[/i]

I've also added:

[i]UseEffectShader=TRUE

EffectShaderName=terAlphaObject.fx[/i]

to my _data.ini, it's not necessary it seems, but it's like this in the stock VietnamSea files.

A question, could be related to this:

What does the MipMapLevels=2 (sometimes 6) setting do, used in the Sea Tiles definitions, also in _data.ini ?

Edited by pureblue

Pureblue:

You wrote:

These settings improve it considerably, no more clipping clouds but still some of the trees are problematic.

At the moment, v2.0 package comes with vietnamsea_data.ini:

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=FALSE

Yes, it does seem to improve the cloud clipping over mountains and such. The downside is that it often looks like there's snow on the ground -- at least on my system that's how it looks. We may include the settings above, but commented out so that folks can tune the DATA.INI to their preferences.

I've also added:

UseEffectShader=TRUE

EffectShaderName=terAlphaObject.fx

to my _data.ini, it's not necessary it seems, but it's like this in the stock VietnamSea files.

Yeah, we've got those lines in ours, too.

A question, could be related to this:

What does the MipMapLevels=2 (sometimes 6) setting do, used in the Sea Tiles definitions, also in _data.ini ?

Truth be told, I don't know. But the stock DATA.INI has those lines -- that's why we included them.

Best,

Eric L. Howes

Fellas a couple of suggestions if I may.

Make sure even though TK didn't, each aircraft have serials that show. Even if you have to make them. Many planes are showing up with only a nose serial

but no tail serial. We made sure in the DS mod everything had a serial number.

Also the VC squad and the US one have some on make some high res skins. Or pm Diego and see if there is a way you can use some of his stuff. Worth a shot.

Dave:

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll take a look at the serials for aircraft. Any particular ones that you noticed were lacking them?

Eric Howes

Wouldn't you know it? I haven't spotted a single J-6 in about three campaigns after pasting the Mig19S VPAF texture folder to the J-6 folder.

So I still don't know if it is fixed yet.

Biggus:

If you install the "FixPack" that was releaed yessterday, it adds two J-6 skins. At that point your problem should most definitely be solved.

Eric L. Howes