Hi everybody,

I've decided to open this topic because I LOVE WARTHOG that's ma favouriote plane! i've saw in gallery image the new a-10 vers 4...now i've got some questions..

that plane is beta? is under construction? there's will be the version c with the radar screen? if there're other to know i would to know it please.

Congratulations to you! great airplane!yikes.gif

thanks for the attention

:bye:

Avenger Angel

Hi everybody,

I've decided to open this topic because I LOVE WARTHOG that's ma favouriote plane! i've saw in gallery image the new a-10 vers 4...now i've got some questions..

that plane is beta? is under construction? there's will be the version c with the radar screen? if there're other to know i would to know it please.

Congratulations to you! great airplane!yikes.gif

thanks for the attention

Avenger Angel

The A-10 you're probably referring to, is the default ThirdWire model that ships with WoE and SF2E. Now, WPNSSGT is working on a addonmodel (both an 'A and a 'C)...but they will most likely use another model's pit, as cockpits are harder to model than aircraft. And, last, the 'C model does not have a radar, nor does any other A-10 varient.

Wpnssgt is making HD A-10's with pits. A and C model.

There was an all weather 2 seater which was proposed though... it never got past the prototype stage though.

Yes, the NAW (Night Adverse Weather) version. It can be found in the "A-10 Version 3.0" in the SF1/WoX download section. But from a historical and practical view, the A-10C is practically the "NAW" version that seemed so "cool" back then is commonplace with the C version.

Edited by EricJ

To the best of my knowledge, the NAW was not radar-equipped.

To be adverse weather i'd assume some form of terrain radar?

To the best of my knowledge, the NAW was not radar-equipped.

It did indeed have radar, It was a Westinghouse WX-50 multimode radar with terrain avoidance, ground mapping & threat detection which also displayed info onto the HUD.

A-10A-1j.JPG

hogpod1.jpg

naws12.jpg

Will the NAW be made also?

Yes, these screens are older but the same model is being updated to SF2 standards.

img00099.jpg

img00101.jpg

img00102.jpg

• Like 1

It did indeed have radar, It was a Westinghouse WX-50 multimode radar with terrain avoidance, ground mapping & threat detection which also displayed info onto the HUD.

Ah cool....but not the C-model, then.

No, I think I wasn't clear on that, the targeting pod was pretty much the enhancement from the A model, which if my mind serves me, the NAW version had the LANTIRN, and maybe FLIR (wpnssgt?) too. Least what I remember from an old book when I was a kid. The C model has a Litening III and NVGs, so I misspoke I would say, as it doesn't have a radar. Sorry about that.

Edited by EricJ

Yes the NAW had FLIR, at least according to my books.

Hi everybody,

I choose to reply in this thread because the thing to say is common. watching some videos on you tube i've noticed that when the thunderbolt flying his gun sound is seem like a fartrofl.gif , A-10 firing gun. By the way I have WoE with ODS mod and inspired to that I wanted the plane had a real sound of the cannon. So much so that by capturing this sound from the video while the avenger shoot, with virtual dj and transforming the format into wav sound , but in the game there is no sound, why? The bitrate is the sample the lenght is normal 1 sec and it's 192kb where's the problem? How to create sounds?

Thanks for the attention

bye.gif

Avenger Angel

Hi everybody,

I choose to reply in this thread because the thing to say is common. watching some videos on you tube i've noticed that when the thunderbolt flying his gun sound is seem like a fartrofl.gif , A-10 firing gun. By the way I have WoE with ODS mod and inspired to that I wanted the plane had a real sound of the cannon. So much so that by capturing this sound from the video while the avenger shoot, with virtual dj and transforming the format into wav sound , but in the game there is no sound, why? The bitrate is the sample the lenght is normal 1 sec and it's 192kb where's the problem? How to create sounds?

Thanks for the attention

bye.gif

Avenger Angel

I know that it was impossible...thanks anyway!

bye.gif

Avenger Angel

The GAU-8.wav needs to be associated with it's gun using the guneditor, and it also needs to be added to the soundlist.ini (or it will not work).

GAU8.wav

Anyway i would put this sound like Gau8...

ah..another thing, when i shoot whit the a-10's avenger he it the target but the tracers ther'arent...why? missing some tga file? I don't think so, because the stock a-10 of WoE when shoot it works...

GAU-8.wav

Where in hell did you find that piece of artistry?

Sure, it was low quality video, and the music was a little low on fidelity, but the subject material r00led!

"I'ma yankin' and bankin', killing Commies in their tanks..."

:drinks:

Edited by Spectre_USA

Got it back in early 1996, it was shown as a video during a presentation while I was going through Squadron Officer School. Afterwards, I asked the instructor for a copy.

It may be the ONLY copy that still exists...at least until I digitized it and put it on YouTube. I haven't seen a better quality version since....and I've looked!

Text of the song taken from this website (warning, not for the weak and worthless):

http://www.csufresno.edu/folklore/drinkingsongs/html/books-and-manuscripts/1980s/1988-497-TFS-hooters-songbook/index.htm

Hello!

My name is Joe,

I fly Warthogs.

Don't go too fast...

I ain't awed,

By your burners as ya' pass.

I'm a yankin' and bankin',

Killin' commies in their tanks.

I'm lining up on a tank,

What a world of hurt he's in.

He'll be a crispy critter,

I hope he don't check right and extend.

(CHORUS)

"Warthogs don't go fast,

I ain't awed by your burners when ya pass.

SNORT!

I'm a yankin' and bankin',

Killin' commies in their tanks."

High charts, high approaches,

And that 'High Flight' poetry,

I don't need for sendin' Ivan to the infirmary.

(CHORUS)

I gotta tank in my six,

Can't shake him, whatta I do?!?

Speed brakes! Hard turn!

I'll kill him when he overshoots.

(CHORUS)

A no-notice check,

The SEFE sings the same old song.

So he finds a ground cord,

And plugs it in and runs along.

(CHORUS)

Don't need speed,