Sign in to follow this  
GripenLover

Instal planes at WoE

Hi, i´ve been playing WoE for a while but i want to fly jas 39 gripen. I have found places to download it but don´t understand how to instal it, please explain that ok.gif

Probably better off posting in the WoX forum for an answer.

Is there not a readme file with the Gripen?

Or check out the Knowledge Base thread on installing aircraft.

Read the readme my friend it explains all.

Gentlemen - i have difficulty installing this gripen.

This is the readme bit

"Installation insctructions:

Just install the aircraft into your objects/aircraft folder."

The folder which I understand that you put in the aircraft folder is named JAS39C. That is what I put in the aircraft folder . It shows up in the aircraft folder.

The plane does not show up in the selection menu.

It does not show up in the Objectdata.Cat- there are many lines for the other aircraft, but no reference at all for JAS39C or gripen

In the download when unzipped, there is a Gripen folder- this contains a Gripen_final folder- this contains a gripen folder and the readme, and the weaponsdata txt and gundata txt files.

Opening the gripen folder reveals the JAS39C, and a sounds folder and a weapons folder.

I did as the readme re the weapons and the sounds and, as i say above, I put the JAS39C in the aircraft folder.

But- no aircraft in the selection menu.

Is there something I missed or is there a fix or is it a series 2 aircraft only. The readme says it was tested in WOE ok by USAFMTL

Please help.

The Knowledge Base is your bestest friend, once again...

Have posted a link in the other thread.

Btw the content of .cat files cannot be changed - they will only ever hold the original 3rdwire files.

You overide the files held in .cat files by extracting a file from there and then placing it in the correct folder.

Sometimes one misses the lightswitch somewhere underway, so here we go from the beginning:

-download the JAS 39 Gripen zip in the SF1 download section (be sure to have the 1th generation one for WOE) to any map (preferably a new map)

- unzip the file, you'll get a map called "Gripen"

-open that map and you'll find a new map called "Gripen"

-open that map and you'll find a map called "Gripen _Final"

-open that map and you'll find the map called " Gripen" and some read-me files. Read those in any case !!!!!!

-open the map "Gripen" and you'll find a map called "JAS39C"

- drag THAT map into the WOE directory objects/aircraft folder

- do exactly what is in the read-me's with the contents of the sound- and weapon maps . Don't bother with object data cats or things like that......

Should work.....

Good luck

another bloody beginner a long time ago........ :bye:

Edited by Derk

Gents - thanks for the replies.

I have found the answer - not in the KB!- I knew I had followed the instructions correctly, so i went back to basics in desperation. I re- downloaded the file and found that the JAS39C folder must have been corrupted. The one i freshly downloaded had more content than the one i was using.

When I installed the latest one - Voila! I am now flying the Gripen!

Now i need to search to find how to navigate it using the instruments as opposed to the white triangle, i.e how to find the waypoint ( I can do it in the phantom ) and what the symbols in the bottom right of the HUD mean etc.

AA and R etc .

Thanks again.

EDIT;

I did a search for "navigate Gripen" The only result was this thread !

Does anyone know where i can find out how to use the cockpit of the gripen to navigate, please

TIA

Edited by Fortiesboy