Sign in to follow this  
Dutch_P47M

Plastic scale model Albatros V or Va

I like the German fish models like the Roland/Pfalz/Albatros, especially the Albatros DVa is my favorite plane!!!

Did try a search on the web but could only find the DIII in a 1:32 scale and the Alb DVa in 1:48 version is to small.

So is there a 1:24 to 1:35 plastic scale model from the Albatros DV or Va available??

Thanks, Dutch

Hello Dutch,

As far as i know, there is no DV model kit at these scales...but you still can do it from scratch! grin.gif

You can find Spads, Camels and Fokkers at this scale or very close (1:28 Revell or Hobbycraft) but still no Albatros, i think.

Why don't you get a Eduard 1.48 Albatros? Of course, it's a smaller scale but these kits are really well made with fine metal details...and a large choice of versions and warpaints.good.gif

MODEL EXPO have a beautiful 1:16 skeletton of a D.V in wood and metal.

RODEN has so far only the D.I, D.III and D.III OAW in 1:32.

Sorry Dutch, I think for now you are out of luck for an Alb DV in the scale you want. I like the 1/28 Revell kits of Spad XIII, Camel, DRI and the Fokker DVII. I need more of them as a matter of fact. Roden may do a 1/32 DV as well to keep an eye on the Wingnut Wings planes that are being released. Most of my kits are 1/48 scale. Good luck in your search.

Hey, here you go BINGO! http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/comingsoon

Edited by Rickitycrate

Have searched high and low - no D.V or D.Va in 1:32.

Does anyone have a good 3view of the crates, with all the ribs and spans?

Should be possible to build it from balsa wood?

This one should be nice to fly:

Edited by Olham

Maybe you can convert at DIII to a DV.

No, I don't think that would work. The RODEN people would have doen that, if it was that simple.

The D V and D Va had more oval shaped fuselage ribs; the D III was almost round.

But one day they will have to make them.

Maybe you can convert at DIII to a DV.

No, I don't think that would work. The RODEN people would have doen that, if it was that simple.

The D V and D Va had more oval shaped fuselage ribs; the D III was almost round.

But one day they will have to make them.

Are you sure about this, I had in my mind that the D3 side ribs (of the body) were flat and the DV serie was rounder.   

Edited by Dutch_P47M

You could be right.

Edited by Olham

He is right, DIII was flat and DV round, I checked it at "Albatros Fighters".

itifonhom

Okay, one more time. Wingnuts has an Albatros DV in 1/32 scale for future release. IMO you could not want a more detailed kit. Please see the link I provided above if truely interested. Many pics are available at the Aerodrome of other Wingnut kits that are being built by the guys there. The buillt kits look like the real crates and are museum quality.

Okay, one more time. Wingnuts has an Albatros DV in 1/32 scale for future release. IMO you could not want a more detailed kit. Please see the link I provided above if truely interested. Many pics are available at the Aerodrome of other Wingnut kits that are being built by the guys there. The buillt kits look like the real crates and are museum quality.

I have already checked then, but you can not buy them, right now. According to the website the quality apears to be beter then Rooden or Battle Axe, but on the outher hand no company would say we are making moderate quality models.

Hi Dutch, just trying to point out what seems to be the only answer on the horizon to your question. Of course all kit makers toot thier own horn that is why I suggested looking at the kit builds at the Aerodrome Models forum http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/models/ the forum covers all kit makes and types and is very informative. Best wishes in your quest for that Alb.DV in your scale.

well me persoanlly im looking for and dont laff i do nothing but 1/72, for allmy lilltle arfix guys, an hanriot only one i ever found being produced was a resin one by pegasus, if anybody finds one or another comapany please god let me know

Hi Vs,

I had this model in mind too but from what I read it´s not that good as it seems to be. Almost every guy who build it said they won´t do another one, there are notable mistakes, missing parts and really bad castings. I DIDN´T try it myself, it´s all what I read around in WWI forums. Just try to check it out before you buy it.

For Stumpjumper:

I found these links for Hanriots in 1:72 scale:

http://www.internetm...ot-Casirati.htm

http://www.internetm...Hanriot_HD3.htm

And here is an Ebay offer, that will end tomorrow:

http://cgi.ebay.de/P...002162005r30964

I think, that is even in Berlin. If you desperately want it, I could try to get it for you.

Please send me a PM.

Edited by Olham

Hi Vs,

I had this model in mind too but from what I read it´s not that good as it seems to be. Almost every guy who build it said they won´t do another one, there are notable mistakes, missing parts and really bad castings. I DIDN´T try it myself, it´s all what I read around in WWI forums. Just try to check it out before you buy it.

There are some alternatives in big scale "skeleton" planes during my search I had find some  :heat: .  

Check Hasegawa website and googled

Should be a real challenge, to build them from scratch with a good 3view, wood

and canvas - and a lot of time and research.

well me persoanlly im looking for and dont laff i do nothing but 1/72, for allmy lilltle arfix guys, an hanriot only one i ever found being produced was a resin one by pegasus, if anybody finds one or another comapany please god let me know

SJ here the Hanriot, just do the hanriot type-in in the quick search and you will find the brands who are making them!!! 

Now you only have to find a decent supplier in your country!!!!  

Edited by Dutch_P47M