Sign in to follow this  
PinkPanther

Have you been spammed by neoqb to buy new planes?

I have RoF but have not bought any add-on planes yet. A few days ago I recieved an email from neoqb asking me why I haven't bought any add-on planes yet. WTF? I'll by them when I am good and ready, maybe never.

LOL! That is funny.

Do WoW players get emails asking why they haven't bought the latest expansions yet?

Or is there no such thing as a WoW player that does NOT buy on the day of release? :wink:

You didn't know Big Brother was Russian? My, my and they wonder why so many are turned off by the internet connection? Maybe write back and say make me an offer. A two for one deal maybe, or case of vodka thrown in to sweeten the deal. Wow.

IIRC, on SimhQ some member got emails asking why they haven't been playing ROF for some time, advertising about new updates... I got survey from NeoQb once, but that was all. They are logging your flight time and stats onto their severs. Not nice.

Haven't been flying ROF in weeks now. Even old RB3D with superpatches and Enb plugin gives me more joy (tested last week). Not to mention BHAH and FEGold.

IMO NeoQb totally misunderstood the market rules and simmers expectations.

This isn't a unique issue for them. I've noticed many Russian developers seem to be engineers only...they know how to make the software work to do what they want it to do, they just miss what the public at large wants the software to do.

Not to pick on any one of them, but I don't think I've seen one Russian sim with a decent UI. At best they're serviceable, at worst they're almost impossible to use.

I think what they need is a Western consultant that they LISTEN to. You know, they should program the way they're best at, but they need to look at things that aren't going over so well and ask for some help there. Maybe contract out the UIs to a Western programmer? Perhaps a discussion on the marketing side about not only how to get people to want to buy their product but how to make their product something people want to buy!

Not to pick on any one of them, but I don't think I've seen one Russian sim with a decent UI. At best they're serviceable, at worst they're almost impossible to use.

Aye! You learn to live with them, not to use them.

This isn't a unique issue for them. I've noticed many Russian developers seem to be engineers only...they know how to make the software work to do what they want it to do, they just miss what the public at large wants the software to do.

I think what they need is a Western consultant that they LISTEN to. You know, they should program the way they're best at, but they need to look at things that aren't going over so well and ask for some help there. Maybe contract out the UIs to a Western programmer? Perhaps a discussion on the marketing side about not only how to get people to want to buy their product but how to make their product something people want to buy!

100% agree JM

Maybe if they broadened their staff? Had at least one english speaking game playing member that could/would read the various forums that are trying to point out areas that need to be addressed and understood what is being said. With these emails/polls they seem to be oblivious while even non-users know what users would like to see changed/improved. I mean no offense but I wonder if the heart of the problem stems from the days of the U.S.S.R.. Perhaps there is a disconnect of what they have made and made well and the expectations of an open consumer market. I have no doubt the staff at NeoQb can speak english better than I russian, I'm just trying to understand the disconnect.

If it was just one of them, I'd say it was a fluke. I'd have to say after using Russian software products for over a decade now that it may instead just be a cultural thing. They may honestly just not think of these issues in the same manner as we do, hence they'll upgrade things like graphics and flight modeling whilst in other areas there has been no change whatsoever...after all, why would they try to fix something they didn't think was broken? I also don't know what the disconnect is, let alone how to resolve it.

In reply to the original question neocube have not contacted me in any way about buying new planes. Even if they did, as they don't seem to listen to opinions of the players, it really would be a wasted exercise. Still at least my answer would be easy to translate into russian as it only consists of two words, the second of which is 'off'.

As to the point about Russian software - certainly agree with that as far as video games go. My 'gaming' experience with s.t.a.l.k.e.r and its follow up, Men of war, Arma2 and now RoF have put me right off of buying anything from the 'other' side of the curtain ever again. It seems like the russians have no idea about variable skill levels - all of their games AI seems to be set to 'aimbot' straight out of the box...

STALKER was Ukrainian, don't call them Russian. :biggrin:

OFP/ArmA are Czech, don't call them Russian either!

oops - that's my western ignorance showing clearly.

Next you will be telling that all their lead programmers are not named 'vlad', and that they don't all drink vodka for breakfast :P

IIRC, on SimhQ some member got emails asking why they haven't been playing ROF for some time, advertising about new updates... I got survey from NeoQb once, but that was all. They are logging your flight time and stats onto their severs. Not nice.

Yea, that was simhq owner Guod. They mention it in their recent end of year article and tell neoqb to stop doing that.

neoqb say they are going to make it so SP doesn't require internet connection eventually. The sooner the better because all I play is SP and like to disco from internet when I play SP games. The longer you are connected to the internet the greater the chance of getting hacked. I have Docsys modem and it has disco button and I use it regularly but can't with RoF.

Edited by PinkPanther

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that neoQB is completely clueless.

It's as if they wanted to insert the death blow to combat flight sims.

Yes, I've gotten them. But since I haven't played with my RoF lately, I ignored it.