Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

Ejecting pilots of modern Add-On jets

Guest Eject

Hi, senior modders, pls help me how I can make a small mod on the add-on jets> Which lines in the data.ini please? Thanks. As well, how do I close the canopy of one of my Mirrage (early? blue one)? It kept opening on runway when i would take off and when flying as my enemy. Thanks

As for issue #1, if you Eject using the key commands.. you've "ejected" and will be logged as such. TK isn't too concerned with modeling a pure ejection sequence per aircraft, so not much is done, other than a slight mod that the Desert Storm Mod did. And that just showed a pilot image floating down, nothing spectacular. As for issue #2... which Mirage?

Edited by EricJ

Guest Eject

As for issue #1, if you Eject using the key commands.. you've "ejected" and will be logged as such. TK isn't too concerned with modeling a pure ejection sequence per aircraft, so not much is done, other than a slight mod that the Desert Storm Mod did. And that just showed a pilot image floating down, nothing spectacular. As for issue #2... which Mirage?

Hi, re: ejecting. I noticed that the stock jets (Russo or USAF), when they were busted, not in the nose which might affect severly the pilots or pilot/co-pilot, they automatically ejected, and the cock-pits nano-second later were vacant/empty. So no worry about the parachute animation or the pilot when ejecting. I just wondered why some of my add-on did not do the same. Meanwhile, when I ejected some of my pilots, what happended were: (1) the parachute was visible, even sometimes the pilot as well before his parachute opened; (2) all this occured, yet the canopy and even the pilot was still there in the destroyed jets; (3) seconds laater, in either cases, the game ended.

I just wonder how I can do such bail-outs or ejection manually, but with the game go on, because I sometimes ejected and my jets went boom boom, and kept on watching my wingman and the others dogfighting, just like watching videos of air battles.

2nd issue, the Mirage (it's a blue one), I shall have to check again in the Aircraft lists of the game. I do have two screenshots of it, but can nomore upload them as I have used uo my 3mb free upload, and I have no idea when I can get a fresh one with 3mb.

Thanks for ur reply mates....c u later

Guest Eject

Eric,

Perhaps I misnamed the French jets Mirage. Is it? It is the F-1C200 I DL-ed from here. The canopy opens in Runways and when flying as my enemy interceptor or when I flew it. Which lines in the da.a,ini I must fix? Thanks.

Yes, several planes from mirage factory have this bug. I play on WoE 08 and super étendard and Mirages F1-C have their canopy to open in the air. I guess it's just an animation to correct i will see in the data.ini, but if anyone has an idea feel free to post it there.

It ain't just TMF aircraft, but buttloads of others that use the "automatic speed control".

I'm assuming noone has looked in the Knowledge Base, in the "Things You Need To Update Thread", that covers many of the issues created by the 08 patch for Classic Series games, and also applies to aircraft improted into NexGen SF2 series?

Basically, you open the data ini for the offending aircraft scroll down until you find this:

[Canopy]

SystemType=HIGHLIFT_DEVICE

DeploymentMethod=AUTOMATIC_SPEED

Setting[1].Angle=55.0

Setting[1].DeployValue=1.5

Setting[1].RetractValue=4.0

MaxDeflection=55.0

MinDeflection=0.0

ControlRate=0.5

AnimationID=7

ModelNodeName=CanopyFrame

and delete them.

You can also convert them to use one of the animation keys. Also covered in the KB.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench